The Student Room Group

Do you like Fish and Chips?

With regard to traditional chip shops, I prefer savaloy/sausage/sausage in batter alongside my chips. Fish doesn't compare taste wise, I've often found it a chore to eat, in fact I rarely order it myself.

Overall, fish and chips are a 6.8/10 for me.

Scroll to see replies

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissshhhh caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkeeeeee
Reply 2
Those battered sausages look disgusting. Yes. I do like fish & chips.

Overall, 8.5/10 for me (although there is a time and place for fish & chips - i.e. they are revolting in hot weather)
ewww chicken and chips ftw
I prefer chicken burgers
I tend to go for scampi and chips :yeah:
Reply 6
Yes, though I find the fish needs plenty of salt and vinegar if I'm to genuinely enjoy it.

Bare in mind, this isn't health advice :erm:
Reply 7
would be wonderful if they have crab and chip or lobster and chip for 3quid :biggrin:
Reply 8
Being veggie, I can't eat the fish or the sausages. Never been a big fan of fish suppers.

When I wasn't veggie, just a simple sausage supper with lots of tomato sauce, salt and vinegar was the best.

Nowadays, I'm a huge fan of a cheesy chip with beans. Really, there's nothing better. Cheese has to be under the beans, though.
I love the chips, absolutely love them. So delicious covered in salt and vinegar. Usually go for a kebab on the side though, not a fan of fish.
YES! Sausage and Chips for me. Plenty of vinegar and salt! Maybe a bit of ketchup if I'm feeling cheeky!

Had some at the seaside this afternoon. Fish and Chips taste better at the seaside. Science fact.
Reply 11
Fish and chips is spiritual. You have to go to a proper fish shop though and get good quality FRESH fish. It should blow you away, especially if you're at the sea side
I love good old fish n' chips, especially from Whitby. Finding a really good chippy is the hard part.

Savaloys look like penises
Reply 13
Chicken > Fish

Therefore, Chicken & Chips > Fish & Chips
theres fish and chips, and there's fish and chips, and i like fish and chips
Reply 15
I love cod and chips. I can eat the stuff if the keep the skin on, which seems to be the trend nowadays - I couldn't find a skinless fish shop anywhere. :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by TheFoxBlip
I love good old fish n' chips, especially from Whitby. Finding a really good chippy is the hard part.

Savaloys look like penises

Which is actually a PLUS point since their shape make them easy to handle/snap/dip into sauce whereas fish can be a right mess.
Reply 17
Original post by TRS-T
Chicken > Fish

Therefore, Chicken & Chips > Fish & Chips

THIS.
Reply 18
I've got one of the official top 5 chip shops in the north west just down the road.
It's lovely... The chinese chippy near my mum does some creature called 'vietnam fish' which is pretty insipid eating though.
Reply 19
some places do fantastic fish, some places do pretty rubbish fish. Suppose it depends where you go.

After a night out, I'm partial to large chips with a battered sausage and curry sauce with plenty on salt and vinegar... :awesome:

I'll probably be dead by the time I'm 30 at this rate. :sad:

Quick Reply