The Student Room Group

Debenhams Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by xDivax90x
Aww your dad's like my mum, taxi'ing' us around haha but I only live a 5-10 minute drive from my work. Hope you buy him something great from christmas :tongue: I've got all my shifts until December 31st the week of the 18th I've got a few ****s on the 18th I'm working 10-5:40 :| couldn't believe it haha I've never worked more than 5 hour shifts! Atleast I'll get a break for once :smile: 6:35am wow! I shouldn't be complaining I don't start until 2:10 on boxing day and finish at 7:10 (just realised I missed the 7 off my last post)

I just missed the woman in the office today so I couldn't get my damn card -_- and the locker thing is a joke there aren't any left to buy so I've got to play russian roulette with the temporary ones haha. So fingers crossed I can get my card tomorrow because I refuse to buy anything when they won't give me my 20% discount without my card! Even though they know I work here! :s-smilie:

Temporary staff only get a 15% discount I think. I was also rota'd in for a shift on 23rd December 10:00-21:00, fortunately I think they have made a mistake, or at least I hope so! :smile:
Reply 201
Original post by wikkywoo

Temporary staff only get a 15% discount I think. I was also rota'd in for a shift on 23rd December 10:00-21:00, fortunately I think they have made a mistake, or at least I hope so! :smile:

We get 20% at our store, oh my god! 10:00-9:00 that has to be a mistake :| For your sake I hope it's a mistake! :smile:
Reply 202
hey everyone, just to let you know... i got the job :biggrin: AND i should be working in the stockroom, so no angry customers for meeeeee! and my contract will be 25hrs a week so im well chuffed as i was only expecting 8-16hrs. start on saturday with my health and safety day. how much staff discount do temps get? got my eye on stuff already :biggrin:

the assessment and interview was so easy and almost enjoyable (apart from having to spout off cheesy lines and doing the "CUSTOMER FOCUSED" task!). so if anyone reads this and is nervous about this stage... seriously, dont be!

edit: just read the newer posts about staff discount. not as much as i hoped!
(edited 12 years ago)
Aww your dad's like my mum, taxi'ing' us around haha but I only live a 5-10 minute drive from my work. Hope you buy him something great from christmas :tongue: I've got all my shifts until December 31st the week of the 18th I've got a few ****s on the 18th I'm working 10-5:40 :| couldn't believe it haha I've never worked more than 5 hour shifts! Atleast I'll get a break for once :smile: 6:35am wow! I shouldn't be complaining I don't start until 2:10 on boxing day and finish at 7:10 (just realised I missed the 7 off my last post)

I just missed the woman in the office today so I couldn't get my damn card -_- and the locker thing is a joke there aren't any left to buy so I've got to play russian roulette with the temporary ones haha. So fingers crossed I can get my card tomorrow because I refuse to buy anything when they won't give me my 20% discount without my card! Even though they know I work here! :s-smilie:

Ahh that's a bitch that you missed her. Apparently you have to show the discount card to the person on the till, even if they know you you are staff, just in case the people in the security/cctv room are watching, also when you get the card you have to sign a contract agreeing to the terms and conditions for the discount. So yeah they won't give you it without the card :frown:

Haha yeah I will have to find him something really good. I normally just walk to work as my student house is about 30 mins walk away, but obviously I want to go to my family home for Christmas day, praying it doesn't snow loads over Christmas so I don't get stuck at my student house!

I did a 9am-9pm shift during mega week so there's a chance they haven't made a mistake with yours, hope they have tho!
Am a temp and I get 20% staff discount
does anyone have the debenhams human resources connect number please? need it asap :frown:
Reply 207
Does anyone know what the HR Connect Intranet Site is? I just want to look up the break patterns in retail
Reply 208
Does anyone know what the HR Connect Intranet Site is? I just want to look up the break patterns in retail

Did you ever find out? I'd quite like to know this as well :smile:
Reply 209
Original post by Alice.

Original post by Alice.
Did you ever find out? I'd quite like to know this as well :smile:

nope, no one ever commented back lol :smile:
Reply 210
Anyone got any horrendous shifts tomorrow?
I'm working 5am-2pm :frown:
Have to be up at 4am wahhhh, off to bed I go then!
How much break do I get in those 9 hours? Only ever worked 6 hours before :/
Reply 211
Original post by Alice.

Original post by Alice.
Anyone got any horrendous shifts tomorrow?
I'm working 5am-2pm :frown:
Have to be up at 4am wahhhh, off to bed I go then!
How much break do I get in those 9 hours? Only ever worked 6 hours before :/

Omg :| Our Debenhams store opens at 7am, but I'm working 2:10-7:10 so I'll have to help cash up the tills -_- Also the reason why I hadn't been on the till much was because they didn't know I was till trained :| Muppets haha I've been on the till LOADS now.

I think you'll get 1 hor break and a futher 15 mins or 30 minute break not sure.
Reply 212

I have tried searching but I can't find the answers on the website can any one please help?

Scary...or lazy.
Reply 213
Omg :| Our Debenhams store opens at 7am, but I'm working 2:10-7:10 so I'll have to help cash up the tills -_- Also the reason why I hadn't been on the till much was because they didn't know I was till trained :| Muppets haha I've been on the till LOADS now.

I think you'll get 1 hor break and a futher 15 mins or 30 minute break not sure.

Yeah I get an hour and then 30 minutes.
Sat on my break now ahaha
Getting up at 4am this morning was NOT fun!

Does anyone else have 'random' shifts put on their rota the day of or the day before (and not see them cause you're not in)?! I was last in 9-2 on 23/12, at 4pm on 23/12 they added a 12-4 on 24/12 yet I didn't know about it so didn't turn up?! Happen to anyone else?

I only have 2 more shifts after this and then my contract ends....!!
Reply 214
Original post by brabzzz

Original post by brabzzz
Scary...or lazy.

What? :/
Reply 215
Original post by Alice.

Original post by Alice.
Yeah I get an hour and then 30 minutes.
Sat on my break now ahaha
Getting up at 4am this morning was NOT fun!

Does anyone else have 'random' shifts put on their rota the day of or the day before (and not see them cause you're not in)?! I was last in 9-2 on 23/12, at 4pm on 23/12 they added a 12-4 on 24/12 yet I didn't know about it so didn't turn up?! Happen to anyone else?

I only have 2 more shifts after this and then my contract ends....!!

What Debenhams are you working in? I'd die if I had a 5am shift :| I've not had random shifts but I have been asked alot if I can work this shift or if i can work that shift. So I've been doing MAJOR overtime. But that's their fault you'd think they'd look at the rota and notice you weren't in so there was no way for you to check the rota :/ muppets haha.

But I did recently miss a shift because I wrote down the wrong date. I was supposed to work 21/12 5pm-10pm but I wrote it down 22/12 5pm-10pm and they never bothered ringing me or anything when I didn't turn up. It was my friend who let me know when she was on her break she messaged me on facebook asking where I was and I told her I wasn't in until the 22nd and she said I was on the rota for that day. So I would of turned up on the 22nd at 5pm and then be told I'm not supposed to be in. Completely my fault for misreading the rota but slightly unprofessional for them not to let me know I think -_- My sales manager also didn't care that I didn't turn up she just asked me to work a 5 hour shift on the 22nd 12-5 :smile: Was better than working the late!

Yeah I have today's shift which is a last minute shift, she just text me before asking if I can come in today for 4 hours and then Saturday 31st is my last shift :smile: Our contracts were supposed to end on Jan 7th but all the temps in our store have had our contracts cut a week early. Doesn't bother me it was only 2 more shifts and I've more than made up the money with the overtime I've done :smile:
Reply 216
What? :/

Well, if you actually couldn't find...or make up...the answers to those questions, i'm not sure i'd trust you with a spoon, never mind a till or a stockroom. Either that, or you have not even tried and just slapped a post on TSR instead... which, if i were an employer, i'd view as lazy - not a desirable trait.

Still, it was an old thread. Hope the assessment went well.
Reply 217
Original post by brabzzz

Original post by brabzzz
Well, if you actually couldn't find...or make up...the answers to those questions, i'm not sure i'd trust you with a spoon, never mind a till or a stockroom. Either that, or you have not even tried and just slapped a post on TSR instead... which, if i were an employer, i'd view as lazy - not a desirable trait.

Still, it was an old thread. Hope the assessment went well.

I did actually search and thought I'd post on here for extra help and to see if my answers were similar to anyone elses and it was mainly

* who are Debenhams main competitors on the high street?

* what sort of organisation are we?

* who are our Debenhams customers and what services do we offer?

They seemed too obvious and I thought may be they were sort of 'trick questions' but the assessment went fine got the job and no need to be so rude and how would Debenhams see what I posted on here and see that I was 'lazy' ?

Think someone needs to calm down
OK I HAVE A PHONE INTERVIEW WITH DEBENHAMS ON MONDAY, IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED 2 KNOW,IS THERE ANY QUESTIONS I SHOULD EXPECT, SOME ONE PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP ME.:redface:
Reply 219
Original post by eyeclickcloser
OK I HAVE A PHONE INTERVIEW WITH DEBENHAMS ON MONDAY, IS THERE ANYTHING I NEED 2 KNOW,IS THERE ANY QUESTIONS I SHOULD EXPECT, SOME ONE PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ HELP ME.:redface:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=34168646&highlight= Should tell you what you need to know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending