The Student Room Group

John Lewis Group Interview.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by salmasalmass
Uh no that sucks well good luck, at least you know what to expect sure youll do better on the next one. Is it friday?

No I had to change it to Tuesday next week cause Friday was not available got a call from next so maybe I might work there instead 😆 and I a trail as a bartender but I have never served alcohol or even tasted a mohito or any cocktail it will certainly be an enlightening experience. Lool😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just be calm and collected dress smart speak up not be too abrasive show a genuine interest, and be engaged.

Posted from TSR Mobile
John Lewis rejected my application for Oxford Street i:frown: I really wanted to work there and be a part the Christmas magic. I am going try to apply at other companies now
I have my first day at John lewis next monday! Can anyone tell me what to expect on the first day and what its like?
I had my interview this Wednesday, does anybody know how long they'll take to get back to me ??
Got an Interview on Wednesday. Hopefully all goes well
Hello! Could any of the people who had interviews at Peter Jones tell me how they went please? Like what did you have to do and what questions did they ask you? I have an interview there in a few days and I'm so nervous!
I have an interview next week and technically haven't finished my GCSEs yet as I have about 9 left to go. Will this hinder my chances at getting a job as I have a group interview next week?
Omg what branch is it as I have my GCSE's aswell and I have an interview next week?
Original post by 11fpollington
I have an interview next week and technically haven't finished my GCSEs yet as I have about 9 left to go. Will this hinder my chances at getting a job as I have a group interview next week?

omg what branch as I am still doing my GCSE's and I also have an interview next week
Original post by azhaar_niazi
omg what branch as I am still doing my GCSE's and I also have an interview next week

The one in Newbury Parkway what about you?
The one in Newbury Parkway what about you?

oh right aha the vacancy at the trafford centre
Original post by azhaar_niazi
oh right aha the vacancy at the trafford centre

Shame. Do you have any previous work experience?

you should be fine i had my interview before i started my a-levels exam and i got the job. also you get the chance to tell them when you want to start and how much notice you need so it shouldn't be a problem
I was in the same situation with my old job, I find it helps to tell them your predicted grades and let them know you're planning to do A Levels (if you are) as this shows intelligence and they like hiring young students as they're usually part time :smile: grades don't matter so much in this kind of job though, they care more about how you react in scenarios that would apply to your everyday job - hope this helps and good luck!

replied to this in my last post!!
Original post by JJJohnson
you should be fine i had my interview before i started my a-levels exam and i got the job. also you get the chance to tell them when you want to start and how much notice you need so it shouldn't be a problem

Okay thank you :smile:
Original post by elizahughes
I was in the same situation with my old job, I find it helps to tell them your predicted grades and let them know you're planning to do A Levels (if you are) as this shows intelligence and they like hiring young students as they're usually part time :smile: grades don't matter so much in this kind of job though, they care more about how you react in scenarios that would apply to your everyday job - hope this helps and good luck!

Do they just watch how you react in the small groups they put you in or in the whole twenty people or however many there are?
Do they just watch how you react in the small groups they put you in or in the whole twenty people or however many there are?

theres two parts
one part is the 1-1 interview where there looking at your skills and how you react in situations
the second is a group interview where they watch you then you have to present to the assessor but dont worry theres no right or wrong answer to the group part
Original post by JJJohnson
theres two parts
one part is the 1-1 interview where there looking at your skills and how you react in situations
the second is a group interview where they watch you then you have to present to the assessor but dont worry theres no right or wrong answer to the group part

Okay and does the group bit take up two hours? Or is it less than that and more on the one on one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending