The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Didn't the Blues Brothers have a long car chase scene? :smile:
Reply 2
Duel had a pretty long one.
Reply 3
Taxi has got some good ones (I'm talking about the real Taxi, not the American remake), funnily enough! My fave is probably the end of Taxi 1, leaving the gang stranded on the half-built bridge. Classic.
any car chase is too long for me :hmpf:
Reply 5
Zoecb
Taxi has got some good ones (I'm talking about the real Taxi, not the American remake), funnily enough! My fave is probably the end of Taxi 1, leaving the gang stranded on the half-built bridge. Classic.

Yeah, that's great. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Monkey_Maiden
Didn't the Blues Brothers have a long car chase scene? :smile:

Think the Blues Brothers has the record for the most cars wrecked in one movie! The car chase scene in it is gd though :biggrin:

Surpriced it hasnt been mentioned yet but what about the Italian Job?
Reply 7
Bullit?

It certainly has the one of the best car chase seens, very good considering its the first
Reply 8
The French Connection?
Reply 9
I was told "don't see the new Starsky and Hutch movie, it's rubbish, is just one long car chase". How much credibility that holds is questionable :p:

Isn't it quality over quantity anyway?
Reply 10
Zoecb
(I'm talking about the real Taxi, not the American remake)

I haven't see the real Taxi, but how truly awful was the American remake!? Probably one of the worst films I've seen!
Reply 11
Gone in 60 Seconds, it was damn cool.

edit: i'm talking about quality over quantity here. most long ones get boring after a bit.
Reply 12
p500uk
Think the Blues Brothers has the record for the most cars wrecked in one movie! The car chase scene in it is gd though :biggrin:

I think Blues Brothers 2000 beat the original for number of cars wrecked, it just had that scene at the end where cars are flying over a bridge or something and crashing, and it just went forever until there was this huge pile of cars covering all of the screen.
Reply 13
The car/motorbike chase in The Matrix Reloaded was verrrrry long too.

*Is embarassed to have thought it the best part of either of the two Matrix sequels. :p:*
Reply 14
But it was
Reply 15
johnsonimrodgd
I watched Ronin a couple of weeks ago and that had an incredibly long car chase scene. I think it was about 10 minutes. Can anyone else remember anymore?

Speed.

Alright, it's a bus, and it's not really being chased, but hey......
Both Bourne films have overly long car chases - especially the second one.
johnsonimrodgd
I watched Ronin a couple of weeks ago and that had an incredibly long car chase scene. I think it was about 10 minutes. Can anyone else remember anymore?

Didn't Bullet have a really long one?
Reply 18
Yes, also a note on The French Connection car chase.

Many of the shots in the scene were "real", in that Hackman actually drove the car at high speeds through uncontrolled traffic and red lights, with Friedkin running a camera from the backseat while wrapped in a carpet for protection. The production team of course received no prior permission from the city for such a dangerous stunt, and the only precaution taken was to place a "gumdrop" police siren on the car's roof and blare the horn. Other shots involved stunt drivers who were supposed to barely miss hitting the speeding car, but due to errors in timing accidental collisions occurred and were left in the final film. This car chase was parodied in the 1980 movie The Blues Brothers.

(Many thanks to Mr. Wikipedia :biggrin:)
I don't know what the longest one is but I think my favourite one is the one in the mini in the bourne identity

Latest