The Student Room Group

IM stuck with my A2 ICT WJEC COURSEWORK

im doin ict coursework at a2 with the exam board wjec and i hav to choose a end user to do it for and i hav chosen to do a school library database as it has to be a database coursework

so far i have these tables

students - name,surname,tutorgroup,studentid

books - author, book name, bookid

loans - loanid,studentid,bookid,date

but im not sure what other fields i can add into each of the tables to get higher marks and is there any xtra tables i should add to make it complicated

also i dont kno what to write in the first section "background" which basiccally i hav to describe what the user wants, how big is the company etc. but cuz im making it for a librarian and im like making the same one... i dont kno what to say?? like if i say the existing system is paper based... its gonna b a bit fake???

suggestions are open!!
and people in the past who has done this coursework who are willing to give advice is really appreciated!!! or if u hav done a library database for ur cw please help!!!
Reply 1
Original post by dummie
im doin ict coursework at a2 with the exam board wjec and i hav to choose a end user to do it for and i hav chosen to do a school library database as it has to be a database coursework

so far i have these tables

students - name,surname,tutorgroup,studentid

books - author, book name, bookid

loans - loanid,studentid,bookid,date

but im not sure what other fields i can add into each of the tables to get higher marks and is there any xtra tables i should add to make it complicated

also i dont kno what to write in the first section "background" which basiccally i hav to describe what the user wants, how big is the company etc. but cuz im making it for a librarian and im like making the same one... i dont kno what to say?? like if i say the existing system is paper based... its gonna b a bit fake???

suggestions are open!!
and people in the past who has done this coursework who are willing to give advice is really appreciated!!! or if u hav done a library database for ur cw please help!!!

Could add things like ISBN, tracking the the 'stock' of each book (how many are available to be loaned), storing start and end dates of a loan, etc.

In terms of processing, constructing queries so you can "queue" loans (so if the book is on loan, the person can queue themselves for the next available slot), having more than one of a certain book in your library (so if you have 3 of the same book, and 2 are on loan, you still let someone loan the third book immediately).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending