The Student Room Group

KPMG Gap Year Programme 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Anyone who has done the phone interview got any tips?
I've just done my phone interview for the KPMG gap year programme and the person on the other end said that there would be another final assessment day if i got through. Really confused as it doesn't say that on the website and was so stupid cos i never asked him while he was on the phone.
Original post by superstickman
I've just done my phone interview for the KPMG gap year programme and the person on the other end said that there would be another final assessment day if i got through. Really confused as it doesn't say that on the website and was so stupid cos i never asked him while he was on the phone.

What? Are you school leavers?

Some people get the offer the day after the interview?

EDIT: They've definitely made a mistake, probably a slip of the tongue. There is an assessment centre after the first round interview for non gap year mandems. For the gap year, the phone int is the final stage.

How was the general feel of the interview btw, was it relaxed? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by crazy1234
Anyone who has done the phone interview got any tips?

I havent done mine (I have it soonish), when is yours? Best of luck!
Original post by Tomatochuckers
What? Are you school leavers?

Some people get the offer the day after the interview?

EDIT: They've definitely made a mistake, probably a slip of the tongue. There is an assessment centre after the first round interview for non gap year mandems. For the gap year, the phone int is the final stage.

How was the general feel of the interview btw, was it relaxed? :smile:

No, I have applied for the gap year programme. However one thing i would say is that the interviewer seemed rushed.

In terms of the actual interview, it wasn't great. I put too many um's and err's in there. The questions weren't difficult, however i was asked about 2 scenarios. This was probably the hardest part of the interview. I didn't know what to say and began repeating myself. I'm fairly sure I haven't got an offer
No, I have applied for the gap year programme. However one thing i would say is that the interviewer seemed rushed.

In terms of the actual interview, it wasn't great. I put too many um's and err's in there. The questions weren't difficult, however i was asked about 2 scenarios. This was probably the hardest part of the interview. I didn't know what to say and began repeating myself. I'm fairly sure I haven't got an offer

You never know :redface: My friend said that about his interview in Kings med, and got in so....

And tbf phone interviews are meant to be relatively casual and more relaxed. They are not formal formal, like a uni interview. Good luck

i got told the same thing but then i got the job offer the next day so think they made a mistake saying that
Original post by stickmitch
i got told the same thing but then i got the job offer the next day so think they made a mistake saying that

oh ok...what was your interview like? I probably wont get in but I'm awaiting Accenture, Rothschild and Bank of England responses so its not panic time yet.
Reply 108
Original post by -Illmatic-
I havent done mine (I have it soonish), when is yours? Best of luck!

Thanks mate :smile: Already had mine now (I should really check TSR more often), I dont think I will get a place though :frown: Good luck with yours!
Thanks mate :smile: Already had mine now (I should really check TSR more often), I dont think I will get a place though :frown: Good luck with yours!

Thanks! Im sure you did fine!!
Just got an offer. So surprised....thought i did fairly bad.

for which office / department?
Original post by stickmitch
for which office / department?

London Audit

Nice one!! :biggrin:
Reply 114
Thanks! Im sure you did fine!!

Thanks :smile: Well I must have done something right, seeing as though they made me an offer. Now to decide whether I take it or not...
Thanks :smile: Well I must have done something right, seeing as though they made me an offer. Now to decide whether I take it or not...

wow nice one! :biggrin:

when did you get it,today? took exactly 3 days right? they havent emailed me about booking an interview yet and its been 4 days...

What did I say huh?

Yes I told you so! :tongue:
Original post by Tomatochuckers
What did I say huh?

Yes I told you so! :tongue:

Haha yes you were right...Was really nervous when I got the email.

Good luck with your application :smile:
London Audit

thats great, i originally had london but swapped to birmingham, congratulations btw!

join the facebook group they have a link to the kpmg undergraduate recruits in the email they send you if i remember correctly, im the only gap scheme person on there so far the rest are for uni positions

im guessing they wont have sent your official offer yet which has loads of info in so if you have an questions feel free to ask

the salary is £17,500 (so £8750 for the 6 months)
Reply 119
wow nice one! :biggrin:

when did you get it,today? took exactly 3 days right? they havent emailed me about booking an interview yet and its been 4 days...

Woah 4 days waiting, Ill Pm you in a sec because mine was a strange case...

Quick Reply

Latest