Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me *skinny pic*

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I always thought anorexia was when someone didn't want to, or refused to, gain weight. Not when it happens against someones will.

I'm similar to you OP, 5 foot 9, 7 stone 12. I eat quite a lot and I have started doing weights/situps on most days. I still find it difficult to gain weight, but every male in my line of family has always been extremely skinny at this age and gotten bigger when they're older. Sometimes there's little you can do about it.

I'm also 18 btw
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
    Aww don't fret dude You look fine, but for your health I think you should definitely aim to put on around 2 stone. Have you spoken to your GP?
    im sorry but why are you lying to the lad?
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxas)
    I just weighed myself, just under 8.3 stone, which makes my BMI 14.40, which is only 4 away from 18 which is "normal"

I also am not anorexic because i don't see myself as fat, I don't limit how much I eat or whatever, and i eat alot of food.

I have a few "fat" friends, and i swear I eat twice as much as them it feels
    !
    What do you eat in an average day? List what you've eaten over the past few days and you'll realise it's a lot less than you think :p:

btw 4 points is a lot in bmi terms...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steven)
    I always thought anorexia was when someone didn't want to, or refused to, gain weight. Not when it happens against someones will.

I'm similar to you OP, 5 foot 9, 7 stone 12. I eat quite a lot and I have started doing weights/situps on most days. I still find it difficult to gain weight, but every male in my line of family has always been extremely skinny at this age and gotten bigger when they're older. Sometimes there's little you can do about it.

I'm also 18 btw
    What did you eat today?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in Africa?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    im sorry but why are you lying to the lad?
    I'm not? It's not like he looks like a freak or anything.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellz_Bellz!)
    I'm not? It's not like he looks like a freak or anything. God, you're pleasant.
    he doesnt look fine though, he looks skinny, his BMI is 14! that is NOT healthy!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    forget gaining fat, hit the gym and get ripped, it'll look good with your low body fat %
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nucleo)
    I'd get a serious health consultant to help you out, instead of seaking advice on a student forum. You're on the verge of of being clinically anerexic.
    (Original post by No Future)
    If his BMI is 14.something, he's emaciated, well past anorexic
    Just to clarify:

Anorexia is a medical symptom referring to a lack of apetite. It has nothing to do with current weight.

Anorexia nervosa is a mental illness associated with low weight AND a delusional self-perception of body weight. Being underweight is not the same as being mentally ill.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    For the person who asked, today.. I ate

A slice of toast for breakfeast with peanut butter

A slice of pizza at break from the school canteen and a pack of crisps

A burger and chips for lunch from the canteen again

When i got home I had some chilli doritos and a flapjack

For dinner I had 2 fajitas and some potato wedges

That sounds quite good to me O_O
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say go to the GP, maybe he/she will prescribe some tablets to help you gain weight and can advice you on the best way to gain some.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Just to clarify:

Anorexia is a medical symptom referring to a lack of apetite. It has nothing to do with current weight.

Anorexia nervosa is a mental illness associated with low weight AND a delusional self-perception of body weight. Being underweight is not the same as being mentally ill.
    im liking the synergy in your post....
    you gonna rule the world! - you have psychology under your belt and you're doing your medicine stuff. :cool:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxas)
    For the person who asked, today.. I ate

A slice of toast for breakfeast with peanut butter

A slice of pizza at break from the school canteen and a pack of crisps

A burger and chips for lunch from the canteen again

When i got home I had some chilli doritos and a flapjack

For dinner I had 2 fajitas and some potato wedges

That sounds quite good to me O_O
    No, that is really bad food.

Breakfast you need to eat eggs, or bacon sandwich or porridge, something like that. 1 slice of bread with a bit of peanut butter on isn't going to do nothing.

Lunch, burger and chips is OK I suppose, but you should try and eat some pastas, more meat, chicken etc....also some fruit wouldn't go a miss. Before you go to school put an apple and a banana in your school bag.

Dinner, you should be eating lots of pasta, chicken, fish...

Look, I was slim not long ago, then I started living in Spain with a Spanish family and realised what REAL eating is.

For breakfast we would have a cheese, tomato and ham bread stick sandwich, with oil on top.

Lunch we would have lots of meat, pork, chicken, soup with vegatables and pasta. Also, with this we would be eating bread.

Dinner, the same, pastas, meat, soup and then at the end we would have fruit.

Eat like that everyday, with exercise, and you'll be really healthy within 6 months.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tekkers90)
    Do you realise what 14.40 means? basically that you're severaly underweight. Under 16 is medically bad. You say it is only "4" away from 18, yeah..well, 4 is alot in terms of BMI, and 18 is only just normal....

You need to go to the doctor mate. Honestly. 6ft 3 and 8.3 stone is quite frightening. I mean, 8.3stone is skinny for a girl that is like 5'3 or something.
    Whattttt? I'm 5'2 and I'm only 6 and a half stone
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    OP aim for 2690 cals a day, lift 3 times a week NO other exercise

plenty of protein (eggs, milk, cheese, meat or fish)

plenty of carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta etc)

and some fats (olive oil, nuts, seeds)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    6ft 3...and 8stone...

Mate, you shouldn't be on TSR, you should be in some home for anorexic people to get your life on track...

I'm not even being sarcastic...
    Holy crap, I'm two inches shorter than you and 7 and a half stone heavier. Eat a lot of high protein stuff, lift weights, take up boxing/wrestling/Judo/whatever. Maybe you should also see a doctor and a nutritionist because I don't think that is medically sound.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    8.3stone is skinny for a girl that is like 5'3 or something.
    no it isnt, 8 stone is normal for someone 5ft3, 5ft4 and 5ft5
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iLoveRobSwire<3)
    Whattttt? I'm 5'2 and I'm only 6 and a half stone
    you are under weight
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'6 and weigh 8.8 stones and I get called skinny o.O
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    hmm... Just from reading a few posts I think I might have stumbled across what could be causing some of my problems...

I don't eat protein. I mean, i do, but not very much... I hate eggs, i have milk on cereal only but i don't really eat cereal... I eat a little bit of cheese on pizza or whatever, not much though.. I only eat chicken/mince, I don't like beef/lamb/pork steaks/chop type things.

I think I eat quite alot of carbs though, potato rice pasta bread i eat alot of.

And i eat way too much of the wrong kind of fats I think i need more fruit and veg.

Oh yeah, this may be silly but can the amount you drink have anything to do with weight? I always get "told off" for not drinking enough, I'll take a small bottle of squash to school, and have a glass of lemonade/coke/squash again with my dinner... Not very much!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2011
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.