The Student Room Group

Leaving a wet patch on the seat

I've recently started having this problem where when I'm sat down for prolonged amounts of time as soon as I get up off the seat I notice I have left a wet patch on the seat (this only happens on plastic seats). I haven't wet myself, however I do believe it happens as I seem to sweat a lot more, and it may be persperation from my legs.

Is there any way to fix this problem? I find myself having to quickly push my chair in at school so nobody notices there is wet patch where I have just been sat. It's discusting I know, but I just can't seem to help it. And it'll end up embarrasing me in the future if I don't do something about it. ):

Scroll to see replies

Maybe you could spray your legs with deodorant, I know it sounds stupid but it stops the sweat gland producing so much sweat and hey if it works for armpits why not legs
I get this sometimes too.

I usually push my chair out and casually scrape my whole bum across it while getting up. This wipes it away haha. However, I don't know how to stop it.
Reply 3
It's pretty normal, I know when alot of boys at school who have experienced this. One lads patch even even looked likea lions face, true story.
It's normal.. don't know how to stop it but don't feel like you're the only one :smile:
Reply 5
maybe wear less, like don't wear a jumper because i would have thought the cooler you were the less you sweat and therefore the less likely you would be to leave a wet patch. also maybe sit on something like a jumper and then it gives your skin room to breath as well as soaking up the sweat
It's probably because school uniforms are made out of crappy materials.. try and get some cotton trousers instead to let your skin breathe a bit?
Original post by Anonymous

I usually push my chair out and casually scrape my whole bum across it while getting up. This wipes it away haha. However, I don't know how to stop it.

lol don't go anon, that was was funny you have nothing to be ashamed of.
Just sit on the very edge of your seat for a few minutes before you plan to get up, to let it evaporate. There's not much you can do about it really, it's just sweat condensation.
Reply 9
I'm not fat.. However I have the same problem. Just had an exam and left an embarrassingly large wet patch! Hoping no on noticed but I'm extremely embarrassed.. ):
Original post by Annnnon
I'm not fat.. However I have the same problem. Just had an exam and left an embarrassingly large wet patch! Hoping no on noticed but I'm extremely embarrassed.. ):

4 yr old thread but **** it. The genitals should be humid and therefore create moisture, sometimes loads of moisture. it's natural, especially if you wear thin material underwear...if you're wearing underwear.
It's totally normal, at the moment I'm sitting my GCSEs and I usually sit at the front and so when we've been dismissed I walk down the aisles and literally everyone's chair has that, gross I know but haha. Your genitals are a pretty warm part of the body and plastic is not absorbent so it creates moisture on the seat. Perfectly normal!
Original post by Anonymous

same here lol
Reply 13
What a stupid answer, really hope you're not a medical student like me, you'll fail. It's nothing to do with anyone's weight. It's what your are wearing. Polyester is the worst, try to wear cotton. But yes, it's actually completely normal :-)
Nothing to be embarrassed about but if you are, the evaporation trick as posted above is a winner but also, as you get up off your seat, don't just stand straight up, instead slide your arse to one side, thus 'wiping' the battycrease condensation off the seat in one swift movement.
It happens to everyone! Just ignore it.

Happens to me and I'm the opposite of fat, well my bum is the only non skinny part of my body but the point still stands.
embrace the moistness!
Sit on a towel.
I forgot this happened to me when I was at school until I read this thread. It's no big deal, just sweat. You're not accidentally peeing yourself. Wipe it, it'll go, otherwise it'll evaporate pretty quickly. Putting the chair under is your best bet though.
I do that at school and i hate having to stand up when everyone else is sitting down because then i have to quickly push my chair in and im an awkward person so i usally trip over the chair

Latest