The Student Room Group

Ucas 2012 Actuarial Science

Who's applying for Actuarial Science to start in 2012? And which 5 universities are your choices?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am (started a thread titled the same a while ago and got no response :tongue:).

I'm going for Kent, Heriot Watt, City, UEA and Southampton (with Maths). You?

What were your AS's like, and what subjects are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by CloClo7
I am (started a thread titled the same a while ago and got no response :tongue:).

I'm going for Kent, Heriot Watt, City, UEA and Southampton (with Maths). You?

What were your AS's like, and what subjects are you doing?

I'm going for Kent, Keele, Kingston, UEA and Heriot Watt. Studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology. A* for Maths and As for the other two.. How about you ?
Hey people! I'm applying for Actuarial Science for most of my UCAS choices. I'm applying for Actuarial Science at Cass, LSE, Heriot-Watt, MMORSE at Warwick and Cambridge's Maths. As for now, I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics in A-Levels. :wink:
Reply 4
So worried because I don't have further maths! :frown: or an A* prediction in normal maths (I got 91% in S1 last year, didn't take anything else externally but got a 97% average on internal C1/C2 papers)....the reason I'm not being predicted an A* is cos of my GCSE result, and the little end of unit tests my school insist on I do really bad on (I managed a spectacular 23% on one, then got a 98% C2 paper the next week :rolleyes:).

I'm doing geography and economics, with A*A prediction there, and I got another two A's at AS. Anyone got their applications in yet?
Original post by CloClo7
So worried because I don't have further maths! :frown: or an A* prediction in normal maths (I got 91% in S1 last year, didn't take anything else externally but got a 97% average on internal C1/C2 papers)....the reason I'm not being predicted an A* is cos of my GCSE result, and the little end of unit tests my school insist on I do really bad on (I managed a spectacular 23% on one, then got a 98% C2 paper the next week :rolleyes:).

I'm doing geography and economics, with A*A prediction there, and I got another two A's at AS. Anyone got their applications in yet?

I've sent in my application weeks ago. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by CloClo7

still doing it... almost done.. hehe...
Reply 7
Mine will be off tonight :biggrin: was just waiting for the rest of my wages (stupid payroll got them wrong again) so I can actually pay :colondollar:
Applied to Queen's Belfast as a 5th choice along with my 4 choices for Physics.
AS grades: AAAA
A2 Preds: A*A*A*A* (Bio, Chem, Maths, Physics)
Reply 9
it's not exactly necessary to have further maths right? i mean, does it help significantly ?
Original post by jagatheesh14
it's not exactly necessary to have further maths right? i mean, does it help significantly ?

Nope not necessary, but it will be really helpful if you have studied that.
Reply 11
Original post by Nicholasng925
Nope not necessary, but it will be really helpful if you have studied that.

i see.. thx anyway... :smile:
submitted the application already ?
i see.. thx anyway... :smile:
submitted the application already ?

Yep, close to a month now!:biggrin:
Reply 13

cool.. :smile: i'm probably submitting it either tonight or tomorrow..
Reply 14

Any offers yet?

Mine's been approved, just waiting for the reference...my referee was referred to google when he asked what actuarial was, and when I told him I was waiting for my reference "What reference?" :eek:
cool.. :smile: i'm probably submitting it either tonight or tomorrow..

Ah, good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by CloClo7
Any offers yet?

Mine's been approved, just waiting for the reference...my referee was referred to google when he asked what actuarial was, and when I told him I was waiting for my reference "What reference?" :eek:

Nope not that fast, although I've received email for application acknowledgement from all 5 universities that I've applied. I think the earliest offer that I would get would come in around November or December, since most of the universities have not started the admission process yet, except a few of them such as Bath.

I knew Bath has started cause my friend got the conditional offer around one week ago, to read Mechanical Engineering. So, he's one of a very few people to be holding a conditional offer for 2012 intake thus far.

Your referee is interesting! :biggrin: :eek: I've sent in my application due to early deadline for Cambridge application set by my college, that's why. Otherwise I wouldn't have rushed my personal statement and finished it within 12 hours including 7 hours of sleep. I quite regretted that I didn't spent one day just to finish one paragraph, or equivalently around a few hours just to come out with a decent sentence. My personal statement would be much better if I do so. :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
ah no worries man.. you'll get an offer for sure.. which college are u studying at ? i'm from tawau, sabah .. :smile:
ah no worries man.. you'll get an offer for sure.. which college are u studying at ? i'm from tawau, sabah .. :smile:

Ah, you're a Malaysian? Hopefully I will get an offer. I'm studying at Taylor's College Subang Jaya (main campus). :smile: you?
Reply 19
Ah, you're a Malaysian? Hopefully I will get an offer. I'm studying at Taylor's College Subang Jaya (main campus). :smile: you?

Institute of Science and Management. Small college. Under collaboration with HELP. Hehe... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending