The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

International Relations at Leicester Uni ??

Is anyone on the course here ? I would like to know what the course is like, in terms of modules ? And how the department is like, size wise, quality etc. ??

Also, if I could get any info on accomodation, campus, the city ? I know i should chek out da site or prospectus, and i have, i jus want a student's opinion.

Also, if u could how would u compare it to East Anglia (UEA) ??

Cheers and thanks in advance.
Reply 1
im not a student there (hopefully will be in a years time) but compared to UEA leicester is much nicer... UEA is like a concrete jungle and i much prefered everything about Leicester, but thats just my opinon
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Larsson
im not a student there (hopefully will be in a years time) but compared to UEA leicester is much nicer... UEA is like a concrete jungle and i much prefered everything about Leicester, but thats just my opinon

I had the exact opposite experience: I thought UEA was good and was underwhelmed with Leicester.
Reply 3
Original post by Obfuscator
I had the exact opposite experience: I thought UEA was good and was underwhelmed with Leicester.

Hey, im feeling kinda da same about Leicester, even though i haven't visited. Do u feel you made the right choice, in terms of social life, the city, and graduate prospects/quality of department at UEA ??

Im just asking because Leicester is rated as elite, but I want to know if it also goes for International Relations, and if Norwich's city life, and campus social life is better.
Reply 4
Original post by Obfuscator

each to their own i suppose...

i just liked how alot of Leicester was so new!
Original post by TRUE_GOONERM
Hey, im feeling kinda da same about Leicester, even though i haven't visited. Do u feel you made the right choice, in terms of social life, the city, and graduate prospects/quality of department at UEA ??

Im just asking because Leicester is rated as elite, but I want to know if it also goes for International Relations, and if Norwich's city life, and campus social life is better.

Sorry, I'm not there, I'm applying there as my backup this year. From what I've heard, though, the social life is absolutely amazing. They definitely get the best live bands that I've really seen outside of the big city unis. There is just something about the place that kind of... leaks vibrancy, even though it's a concrete jungle. I didn't get that from Leicester, which felt kind of... dusty (though their music venue was awesome)

In terms of 'ratings' I think they are pretty much similar. If you look at the 2012 Guardian League Tables, You'll see that they're right next to each other (not that you should base a decision on league table performance). If anything, UEA is better known, at least as far as I can see (before I started looking at universities, I hadn't even heard of Leicester). On the same league table for politics, Leicester is higher, but looking at the statistics they're pretty much equal again (showing the subjectivity of league tables).

Really, you won't significantly loose out academically from going to one or the other, and most likely you will like wherever you end up. Both unis have really high student satisfaction rates. These is strengths to both, so really just visit them, get a feel for them, and make a decision. You may fall in love with Leicester and hate UEA, or visa versa. The concrete isn't for everyone :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending