The Student Room Group

Whats the best way to learn and retain the things you do in class?

As the title says, how do you guys make sure you've truly learnt and retained the things youve done in class? do oyu write up your notes? Do you say it aloud? do you practice? Im stuck one what the best way is, any tips? =)
Past papers/exam questions to make sure you understand and are able to write it the way the examiner will give you all the marks. Remembering bit is just writing it out repeatedly
Reply 2
Original post by LifeIsGood
Past papers/exam questions to make sure you understand and are able to write it the way the examiner will give you all the marks. Remembering bit is just writing it out repeatedly

In your opinion, when do i start doing past papers? just started AS so i probably havent learned enough to do a full paper.
solve problems on the material.
Reply 4
A weekly review of everything you have covered that week, assuming you have made notes etc on said content. Followed by monthly reviews of everything you have learnt that month. As the exam approaches, start to test yourself with pastpapers and see which topics you are weak on, you have then identified something you need to learn/revise.
Try to make notes from memory (i.e. without the book) then look at the book and write down anything you missed.

Allows you to re-enforce the stuff you know and it also gives you a list of stuff that you need to work on.
Original post by consumetech
In your opinion, when do i start doing past papers? just started AS so i probably havent learned enough to do a full paper.

Depends on what subjects you take to be honest. If it's Science/Maths then I'd say after each topic do the relevant exam questions just for practice and see what you need to work on, but obviously the more you do, the more you'll know so just work with it simultaneously would probably be the best advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest