The Student Room Group

What did you forget to take to uni?

So now that most of you are at uni... have you had any 'OH **** I LEFT THAT AT HOME' moments? Or any 'I wish I took those' moments?

I'm moving in tomorrow, and I have the strong feeling I'm gonna forget something!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
an XLR cable
Reply 2
I forgot my duvet cover and one of my mugs. Nothing too major...that I've realised yet.
pens and pencils, i got so carried away with new bedding, kitchen stuff and my clothes that i almost forgot i would be doing work there...
forgot my bedside lamp and fruit tea! So annoying, especially having to get out of bed to turn the light off!
Reply 5
Shaving stuff
Pair of nice sparkly earrings
Book that I now really want to read
Colander/sieve

...so nothing that important.
Reply 7
my hair straightener

Seriously, I look like Diana Ross without it
A printer! Soso vital
& also a fan for this sort of weather
Reply 9
A packet of cigarettes and a packet of condoms I left by my bed whilst I was packing. My mum's going to find them :colondollar:
Reply 10
Original post by nickth
A packet of cigarettes and a packet of condoms I left by my bed whilst I was packing. My mum's going to find them :colondollar:

Tell her the 'older boys' made you do it
My huge red spotty mug :frown: I love having massive cups of tea in it.
My desire to learn! :frown:
My dignity.
Sheets for my bed, and enough clothes- I seem to have left a lot more than I thought at home!
FANCY DRESS. I really didn't think I'd need it.

My books and DVDs :frown: I have nothing to reeeeead!

Some of the pictures I printed off to stick on my wall.
Glass tumblers. I don't even know.
I think I took just about everything actually. Everything apart from wellies (which, living in rainy Manchester, should have been at the top of my list).

Don't be afraid to bring lots of crappy DVDs! I didn't bring any and one of my flatmates brought his huge TV and xbox into the living room and we're short of DVDs. We're all pretty sick of the Friends boxset now.
Reply 18
My phone charger. :cool:

A fan, the kitchen gets really hot and a t-shirt I really liked, I think my sister stole it before I could pack it.
Plastic cups, be surprised how often they are needed for things other than drinking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending