The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by rajveers
apparently glasgow take it easy on the offers around end of november and wait till the 15th of january, please tell me this is bull**** :|

Let's hope so. I applied on the 4th of October and they sent an acknowledgement on the 19th, and then still waiting for a decision after that. :s-smilie: Most people on this thread got instant acknowledgments, followed by quick offers.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by cncll
Congrats! I got an offer today too! :biggrin: Application sent on Friday! So quick! How good it feels!

so happy for you, congrats! :h:
i knoow it's like extra quick, and the funniest thing is that i just casually decided to check my email.. and booom almost had a heart attack! :biggrin:
Got an offer for econ :biggrin:
Original post by DreamByDay
Can anyone help me ?

I got an offer but am reaaally unsure of achieving it - they offered me a place for 14,5 at the baccalaureate (circa AAB I guess ? And the course requirements were ABB ! :frown: ) to study politics but my maths, physics and chemistry grades dramatically dropped this year :/
Does anyone know how lenient they are ? We get grades out of 20 points so if I got 14 does anyone know if I still stand a chance ?

OR I could ask my referee to send an email to my choices to tell them my grades dropped, but in a subject that have nothing to do with the course, and that I will probably achieve only 14 ? Is this a good/****** idea ??

Please help, al of my choices are pretty competitive so I don't want to end up with offers I can't achieve...but at the same time I don't want to get no offer because of this email. Would Glasgow cancel/change/not do anything to the offer if I sent this email ?

Thanks !!

Allez bosse ton bac,courage!! 14,5 c'est pas la mer à boire non plus :smile: Bonne chance en tout cas! Et les fees c'est gratis pour nous :biggrin:. Je crois aussi que AAA=15 mais après t'as pas vraiment d'équivalent, ça differt suivant les facs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Got my acknowledgement on Friday - offer on Monday! :eek: Didn't expect it to be so quick but it made me happy :h:

I have applied for Pyschology - but if I do go to Glasgow then I might change to a Joint Honours - with Politics or with History of Art. :innocent:

I am yet to visit... But I think that may only happen in March at the earliest :s-smilie:
I've applied to Neuroscience, Biochemistry and Pharmacology at Glasgow Uni. :biggrin:

I sent away my application last week... but still no acknowledgement. :frown: Glasgow is definitely my first choice - let's just hope I get in!
Reply 186
Original post by rajveers
apparently glasgow take it easy on the offers around end of november and wait till the 15th of january, please tell me this is bull**** :|

Applied Monday, acknowledged Tuesday, accepted Wednesday. But I wouldn't say that were true for every case... I wouldn't worry if they haven't replied akready.
Reply 187
Original post by Somerandomstudent
THANK YOU! My application was sent off on Oct 15th and offer was made on the 31st. they make offers alphabetically and maybe datewise as somebody who sent their application with lower grades than me recieved an offer two working days after - her surname was Bxxxx. My surname os K and it took two weeks longer to get to it. So dont worry if they havekt replied yet - when did you send it?

Aww, is this true? :redface: I didn't think Uni's worked like that! Was getting worried as everybody seems to be getting offers within a few days and i sent mine 2 weeks ago :/ but I guess that could be explained by my surname starting with 'Y' :frown:
I've applied to a few courses at Glasgow uni! :biggrin: hopefully I get in - I'd be gutted if I didn't... I have The University of Edinburgh and The University of Strathclyde as backup though, so fingers crossed.) :smile:

I sent my application away last Friday and still no acknowledgement... Slightly crapping my pants. Has anyone received offers/acknowledgement from the science faculty this/last week? Thanks. :smile:
Reply 189
Original post by alysunshine

I've applied to a few courses at Glasgow uni! :biggrin: hopefully I get in - I'd be gutted if I didn't... I have The University of Edinburgh and The University of Strathclyde as backup though, so fingers crossed.) :smile:

I sent my application away last Friday and still no acknowledgement... Slightly crapping my pants. Has anyone received offers/acknowledgement from the science faculty this/last week? Thanks. :smile:

I got an offer for Earth Science course yesterday and I've applied same day as you. Fingers crossed (:
Electronics with Music, Biomedical Engineering.

Im also applying to Edinburgh, Strathclyde ans Heriot-Watt.
According to the website I should get unconditionals if I apply but I'll wait and see. :smile:
Original post by cncll

Original post by cncll
I got an offer for Earth Science course yesterday and I've applied same day as you. Fingers crossed (:

Well done! :smile: Did you receive your acknowledgement first or was it just the offer?
I just hope I get something soon! I keep refreshing my email and got excited earlier when I read Inbox(1) only to discover it was an email from amazon. ):<
Reply 192

Well done! :smile: Did you receive your acknowledgement first or was it just the offer?
I just hope I get something soon! I keep refreshing my email and got excited earlier when I read Inbox(1) only to discover it was an email from amazon. ):&lt;

I got an acknowledgement just 3 hours after sending application.
But you may be in the same situation as saachi. See at the top of this page.
Biochemistry, Neuroscience & Pharmacology. :yeah:
University of Glasgow is definitely my first choice!

University of Edinburgh & Strathclyde as backup... :u:
Reply 194
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how much choice we have as to what first year subjects we take?

My course, I do first year Chem and first year Bio. But then I have an 'elective.'

I wanna do a more numerical course. Either first year Maths or Physics.

BUT HERES A THOUGHT...

CAN I DO FIRST YEAR ENGINEERING, ALONGSIDE BIO AND CHEM???

(bearing in mind im predicted AA at AH Maths and Phys)
Reply 195
Application sent om Thursday at 8pm, aknowledgement received at 8.40 am on Friday!! Fingers crossed for an offer =D
Reply 196
I've applied for Chemistry and sent my application away yesterday. Still need to wait on my teacher doing my reference though :angry:

One of my friends sent her application on Monday night and got an unconditional offer on Thursday. Speedy stuff :eek:
Original post by JJTEASE
Application sent om Thursday at 8pm, aknowledgement received at 8.40 am on Friday!! Fingers crossed for an offer =D

what did you apply for? :smile:
Reply 198
what did you apply for? :smile:

History/ Theatre Studies Joint Honours :biggrin: What bout you?? :smile:
Original post by JJTEASE

Original post by JJTEASE
History/ Theatre Studies Joint Honours :biggrin: What bout you?? :smile:

Neuroscience and Biochemistry :smile:
I still haven't recieved an aknowledgement and I sent away my application the same day as you. Oh dear...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending