The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saachi
Same! I applied for English, predicted 37. And 37 points at IB is so much harder than ABB! :frown: But don't worry, I'd be really surprised if you didn't get it. :smile:

hey there another IB student :h:: is your offer 37 points as well, or are these points only your predicted grades? I mean, that's a lot. I might be wrong, but ABB is more like 34 points, isn't it?
I've received my offer three days after I've sent it to Glasgow. It was in the beginning of November. If it helps, I have applied for Business with German Language and my condition is 36 points which is not that easy either, but at least it is not something I did not expect, as the exact same condition is stated on their website
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 301
Original post by Annie-Bananie
hey there another IB student :h:: is your offer 37 points as well, or are these points only your predicted grades? I mean, that's a lot. I might be wrong, but ABB is more like 34 points, isn't it?
I've received my offer three days after I've sent it to Glasgow. It was in the beginning of November. If it helps, I have applied for Business with German Language and my condition is 36 points which is not that easy either, but at least it is not something I did not expect, as the exact same condition is stated on their website

Hey :smile: No, I haven't received my offer yet.

I applied on the 4th of October, so yeah, it's strange that they're making me wait so long. :frown: To be honest, I never even considered the possibility that Durham would make me an offer, so I kind of had my heart set on Edinburgh and Glasgow. I'll be mad to turn down Durham and I love Edinburgh, so they're likely going to be my firm/ insurance choices. My Durham offer= 38, Edinburgh offer= 34, potential Glasgow offer= 36. Which means... no Glasgow.

And ya, you're right: ABB is more like 32, not even 34 (Newcastle actually equates AAA with 34, which is a bit too kind to us IB students :tongue:) I don't know what universities are thinking when they ask ABB at A level and 36 points at IB! The rep from one of my universities told me that UCAS has asked all the universities to lower their requirements for IB, so things are looking good for 2013's applicants. Anyway sorry for rambling. :tongue: I better stop cribbing now that I've been accepted by my joint top choices. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Unconditional for Statistics.
Reply 303
Conditional offer for Molecular Biology (with Biotechnology). Grade 5.60 which I believe is about ABB.
Couldn't be happier as it's an amazing offer and Glasgow is one of the two unis I want to go to the most.
Original post by saachi
Hey :smile: No, I haven't received my offer yet.

I applied on the 4th of October, so yeah, it's strange that they're making me wait so long. :frown: To be honest, I never even considered the possibility that Durham would make me an offer, so I kind of had my heart set on Edinburgh and Glasgow. I'll be mad to turn down Durham and I love Edinburgh, so they're likely going to be my firm/ insurance choices. My Durham offer= 38, Edinburgh offer= 34, potential Glasgow offer= 36. Which means... no Glasgow.

And ya, you're right: ABB is more like 32, not even 34 (Newcastle actually equates AAA with 34, which is a bit too kind to us IB students :tongue:) I don't know what universities are thinking when they ask ABB at A level and 36 points at IB! The rep from one of my universities told me that UCAS has asked all the universities to lower their requirements for IB, so things are looking good for 2013's applicants. Anyway sorry for rambling. :tongue: I better stop cribbing now that I've been accepted by my joint top choices. :smile:

Oh, so you've already got an offer from Edinburgh? Gosh I am so happy for you, your choices are great. :h:: Durham is wonderful as well, with a great reputation.

Yeah ABB is definitely not 36 points.. wish I could be the one applying for 2013 entry then :biggrin: but I still hope Edinburgh will accept me.. cause 36 for Glasgow is a bit too much I think.

Congrats on all your offers again!
Reply 305
Unconditional for Zoology 2nd year entry =D
Reply 306
Got an unconditional for 2nd year entry to zoology :smile:
Reply 307
Original post by Annie-Bananie
Oh, so you've already got an offer from Edinburgh? Gosh I am so happy for you, your choices are great. :h:: Durham is wonderful as well, with a great reputation.

Yeah ABB is definitely not 36 points.. wish I could be the one applying for 2013 entry then :biggrin: but I still hope Edinburgh will accept me.. cause 36 for Glasgow is a bit too much I think.

Congrats on all your offers again!

Aw, thank you! :smile: Good luck with Edinburgh! I'm sure you'll get in! :biggrin:

I know I wish I was a year younger and applying for 2013 entry...
Original post by jaay89
Got an unconditional for 2nd year entry to zoology :smile:

Nice one! I guess you got pretty good higher grades? :smile:
Reply 309
Hi guys!!!
I'm applying for BA DFTV- Digital Film and Television for 2012 at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, and I would REALLY like to know if anyone here is applying to RCS too ! Does anyone know anything for this course? because it seems interesting on the website, but I cannot find information anywhere else, and I cant go to an open day, at least for now.. PLEASE, at least for the conservatoire itself, has anyone been to an open day? how is it like? good luck to all of you!
and THANK YOU! x
Reply 310
Hi guys!!!
I'm applying for BA DFTV- Digital Film and Television for 2012 at Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, and I would REALLY like to know if anyone here is applying to RCS too ! Does anyone know anything for this course? because it seems interesting on the website, but I cannot find information anywhere else, and I cant go to an open day, at least for now.. PLEASE, at least for the conservatoire itself, has anyone been to an open day? how is it like? good luck to all of you!
and THANK YOU! x
Got a Conditional for Comp Sci! So happy!
Need maybe to tumble over myself, but I'll do everything to get the place.
Unconditionals for both politics & history and politics & english lit! SO happy aaaah! :biggrin:
Original post by nataliemac
Unconditionals for both politics & history and politics & english lit! SO happy aaaah! :biggrin:

Have you already left school? I don't understand whether it's possible to get Unconditional if you haven't taken any exams yet or not.
Original post by nedyalkova
Have you already left school? I don't understand whether it's possible to get Unconditional if you haven't taken any exams yet or not.

In Scotland you sit your Highers in 5th year. Most people apple for entry after 6th year, so they already have their grades.
What they said ^ :smile:
Original post by nedyalkova
Got a Conditional for Comp Sci! So happy!
Need maybe to tumble over myself, but I'll do everything to get the place.

Congrats! I'll see you there, hopefully :biggrin:
Reply 317
Just recieved a conditional offer of ABB to read History and Philosophy!! So excited, it's my first choice!!! :biggrin:
Original post by stephenmca
Congrats! I'll see you there, hopefully :biggrin:

Thank you! Yeah, I hope so =))
Reply 319
Original post by nat45654
Just recieved a conditional offer of ABB to read History and Philosophy!! So excited, it's my first choice!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending