The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

The Official Glasgow Applicants 2012 Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by grazie
Ditto! :mad:

what have you applied for if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 621
Original post by Niamh Mc D
what have you applied for if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Maths, G100 at level 2. To be honest, I'm sure Glasgow will be asking for the highest grades. So if I do get an offer from them, I should have a lot of choices. I'd also like to book reasonably cheap transport for a visit.
[QUOTE="D;36476261" Niamh="Niamh" Mc="Mc"]:rolleyes:
Original post by mikeandadamsmum

No not for Northern Irish citizens. If we have an Irish passport for more than 3 years we get free fees in Scotland as we are classifying ourselves as "Irish" therefore EU students which are entitled to free fees! I rang up SAAS (Students Award Agency for Scotland) and they confimed this information for me!

Interesting! :smile:
Original post by grazie
Maths, G100 at level 2. To be honest, I'm sure Glasgow will be asking for the highest grades. So if I do get an offer from them, I should have a lot of choices. I'd also like to book reasonably cheap transport for a visit.

Nice! I visited glasgow last halloween i loved the city but i never saw the Uni. where you from?
Reply 624
Me too, wish they would hurry up!!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you apply for? :smile:
Original post by bekah516
If you don't mind me asking, what did you apply for? :smile:

Well at Strathclyde i applied for biomedical science and at Uni of Glasgow i applied for human biology! what about you? :smile:
Reply 626
Nice! I visited glasgow last halloween i loved the city but i never saw the Uni. where you from?

I'm down in Kent, just outside Canterbury. I've stayed overnight in Glasgow a few times, but don't know the city or university at all.

Where else have you applied?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 627
Well at Strathclyde i applied for biomedical science and at Uni of Glasgow i applied for human biology! what about you? :smile:

I've applied for maths at Strathclyde and Glasgow. :smile:
Original post by grazie
I'm down in Kent, just outside Canterbury. I've stayed overnight in Glasgow a few times, but don't know the city or university at all.

Where else have you applied?

I've applied to Uni of Glasgow, Strathclyde, Uni of Manchester, Newcastle Uni and Queens in belfast. I'm just waiting to hear from Strathclyde now! What about you?
I've applied for maths at Strathclyde and Glasgow. :smile:

where are you from? :smile:

PS. i just realised, did i ask you twice what you applied for? or was that someone else haha i'm so confused!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 630
where are you from? :smile:

PS. i just realised, did i ask you twice what you applied for? or was that someone else haha i'm so confused!

I'm from Aberdeen. How about you? :smile:

I think it was someone else :biggrin:
I'm from Aberdeen. How about you? :smile:

I think it was someone else :biggrin:

Oh ok, sorry because they also said they are doing maths! :smile:

I'm from Derry in Ireland :smile:
Reply 632
Original post by Zappy1303
Hey, I'm doing the same except I'm applying for first year in Glasgow and I've yet to hear back. When did you apply? Also, could be completely wrong but I think I might know you. Do you do film? My name's Roisin.

Looks like there are a few of us from Aberdeen then applying for Glasgow haha! I'm applying for first year at Glasgow too but for Classics (doing history right now). Just wondering if you've had any offers yet? I got an email a while ago saying that my application would be 'held' until March and the wait is killing me! My friends have already signed a lease on a flat for second year and are trying to get me to hurry up and sign but still waiting on either an offer or rejection from Glasgow :/ Have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 633
Oh ok, sorry because they also said they are doing maths! :smile:

I'm from Derry in Ireland :smile:

I think that might have been me.:wink:

You come from a lovely part of the world, although it's not too difficult to get to great places from Glasgow.

I've applied to Uni of Glasgow, Strathclyde, Uni of Manchester, Newcastle Uni and Queens in belfast. I'm just waiting to hear from Strathclyde now! What about you?

Applied to Lancaster, Glasgow, Stirling, Heriot-Watt and Kent. Chose Lancaster closely followed by Glasgow for quality of education, but I must admit to being attracted to Stirling for it's campus and being a smallish place. I'm not sure I could manage three years living in a big bad city.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 634
hey,

I'm a Belgian student and I applied for an llm-program last friday. Today, thursday, I saw on "my applications" under the tab decision "conditional" but I didn't received any e-mail. Is this normal or did they made a mistake?
Another problem is that "my application" says that my entry date is 12/09/2011 but this must be september 2012.

What can I do now?
Reply 635
Woo! Just got two conditionals for maths (G100) and maths and chem (FG11)! For AAAB scottish higher! I think that this will be my firm choice! So excited!
Original post by grazie
I think that might have been me.:wink:

You come from a lovely part of the world, although it's not too difficult to get to great places from Glasgow.

Applied to Lancaster, Glasgow, Stirling, Heriot-Watt and Kent. Chose Lancaster closely followed by Glasgow for quality of education, but I must admit to being attracted to Stirling for it's campus and being a smallish place. I'm not sure I could manage three years living in a big bad city.

haha yes it was you! :smile:

My town is sooo small, that's why i can't wait to go to Glasgow and experience a big city! :smile:
Original post by Ajay13
Woo! Just got two conditionals for maths (G100) and maths and chem (FG11)! For AAAB scottish higher! I think that this will be my firm choice! So excited!

Well done! :smile:
conditional offer for law! :smile: i'm happy about it, but it's been a while since i visited Glasgow so i'm not sure how seriously to consider it. might be coming around in a month or so though!
Reply 639
Original post by Ajay13

Good news. I've applied for G100 too, so it could mean I won't have to wait too much longer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending