The Student Room Group

Journalism Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeckyD
ohh really, what did you say? I don't want them to think I'm pestering them!

Well I've got offers from Nottingham Trent and Sheffield too, and don't know what to do!
I guess it depends what you want to do because I want to go into presenting etc.. so Broadcast Journalism will be better for me so I want Leeds. But then I love Sheffield!
But I think Sheffield or Leeds will look better rather than Nottingham Trent, it's a tough decision! Trent will definitely be my insurance though :smile:

well this was what i wrote:
"To whom it may concern,
My name is Chrisni Mendis, a 2012 applicant for the undergraduate Broadcast Journalism course. I had send my application in November, however, I have not received a confirmation from the university about receiving my application or any update relating to it.
As it is already been almost 3 months, I am quite worried about whether the admissions office had received my application due to the lack of response. May I be updated on the current situation?

Yours Truly,
Chrisni Mendis"

if that might help... but personally i think that you are being forward, confident and demanding if you send the letter... which is what a journalist must be right?

Well personally I LOVE SHEFFIELD. Course is great and it does cover a lot of media... but i still havnt gotten their reply :frown:... are you an international student... cuz I sent them a mail and they said the international student would get theirs late.
Reply 101
Original post by ChubbyWatermelon
well this was what i wrote:
"To whom it may concern,
My name is Chrisni Mendis, a 2012 applicant for the undergraduate Broadcast Journalism course. I had send my application in November, however, I have not received a confirmation from the university about receiving my application or any update relating to it.
As it is already been almost 3 months, I am quite worried about whether the admissions office had received my application due to the lack of response. May I be updated on the current situation?

Yours Truly,
Chrisni Mendis"

if that might help... but personally i think that you are being forward, confident and demanding if you send the letter... which is what a journalist must be right?

Well personally I LOVE SHEFFIELD. Course is great and it does cover a lot of media... but i still havnt gotten their reply :frown:... are you an international student... cuz I sent them a mail and they said the international student would get theirs late.

Ah that's true, but I had sent them a private e-mail providing them with a reference and some articles I wrote and they replied then so I can't say that I haven't heard. I think I'll just wait :smile:

I got my Sheffield offer about 2 weeks ago but I'm not an international student so don't worry! :smile: Will you choose Sheffield over Leeds then?
Original post by BeckyD
Ah that's true, but I had sent them a private e-mail providing them with a reference and some articles I wrote and they replied then so I can't say that I haven't heard. I think I'll just wait :smile:

I got my Sheffield offer about 2 weeks ago but I'm not an international student so don't worry! :smile: Will you choose Sheffield over Leeds then?

depends on their conditional offer. they might increase their conditional... so... O.O
not sure yet. but my favorite so far is sheffield and leeds.
Well its ok. dont worry about leeds! but id advise you sending them an email if they dont reply in a fortnights time.
Reply 103
depends on their conditional offer. they might increase their conditional... so... O.O
not sure yet. but my favorite so far is sheffield and leeds.
Well its ok. dont worry about leeds! but id advise you sending them an email if they dont reply in a fortnights time.

have you heard anything from sheffield yet? :smile:
nothing yet... this is killing me!!!
Hey I'm Darryl (:

Applied to:
Edinburgh Napier: had an interview, just waiting to hear back from them, first choice
Northumbria: conditional
UCLAN: second choice, conditional
Stirling: conditional
Leeds Met: conditional

Predicted:
Media A2: B
English Language: B/C
Photography: B/C
Citizenship: B

Experience:
Local magazine, local newspaper, trying for local radio station (BBC Cumbria)

Dream Job:
Magazine journalism (:
Reply 106
nothing yet... this is killing me!!!

jesussss when will they reply to us already :frown: i recently send them an email with more articles of mine that got published and still nothingg
Original post by gonchanya
jesussss when will they reply to us already :frown: i recently send them an email with more articles of mine that got published and still nothingg

i know.... its flippin unbelievable... SO much for "mid-feb" eh. I just dont understand. :'(
Reply 108
Original post by sunnyjim89
Hey, I have applied for Journalism at De Montford...I have been offered a group interview next month and have to sit an exam. Could really do with some advice as this is the Uni I really want to go to, it seems amazing.
Thanks

This is me, are you going this Wednesday?
So nervous, I have no idea what will come up on the exam.
Reply 109
Original post by jesuisdarryl
Hey I'm Darryl (:

Applied to:
Edinburgh Napier: had an interview, just waiting to hear back from them, first choice
Northumbria: conditional
UCLAN: second choice, conditional
Stirling: conditional
Leeds Met: conditional

Predicted:
Media A2: B
English Language: B/C
Photography: B/C
Citizenship: B

Experience:
Local magazine, local newspaper, trying for local radio station (BBC Cumbria)

Dream Job:
Magazine journalism (:

Someone else in the world doing Citizenship A2! How're you finding it?

HEY! GOT MY OFFER!!! sounds fairly reasonable... IB 35 :P
WHAT ABOUT YOU!!!
Hey everyone!
I'm Chrisni...

So far I got offers from... (with IB scores) for Journalism
1) University of Sheffield - 35
2) University of Leeds - 34
3) Nottingham Trent University - 33
4) University of Bounesmouth - 33
5) University of Central Lancashire - 28

I'm having a bit of trouble picking which one to firm and which one to place as my insurace O.O

Any advice?
Reply 112
HEY! GOT MY OFFER!!! sounds fairly reasonable... IB 35 :P
WHAT ABOUT YOU!!!

I GOT MINE AS WELL!!! SO EXCITED! have you gotten an email from them though? cause i just got it updated on ucas track. keep rechecking it because i feel like its a dream :tongue:
ARE YOU FIRMING?
I GOT MINE AS WELL!!! SO EXCITED! have you gotten an email from them though? cause i just got it updated on ucas track. keep rechecking it because i feel like its a dream :tongue:
ARE YOU FIRMING?

I KNOW RIGHT!!! i didnt get an email... just an update on track as well... .but thats good enough for me...

im deffa firming sheffield... but, im stuck on my insurance though... leeds, NTU and bournesmouth! O.O ADVISE ME!
what did you put as your insurance?
Reply 114
I KNOW RIGHT!!! i didnt get an email... just an update on track as well... .but thats good enough for me...

im deffa firming sheffield... but, im stuck on my insurance though... leeds, NTU and bournesmouth! O.O ADVISE ME!
what did you put as your insurance?

this is rather weird about the email but its good enough for me as well haha
hahah im firming sheffield too! now we can finally hit the books with the ib exams in like 5 weeks!
I would say go for leeds? :smile: Im putting newcastle as my insurance although i got an offer from bournemouth as well.
Where are you applying for accommodation? Endcliffe?
this is rather weird about the email but its good enough for me as well haha
hahah im firming sheffield too! now we can finally hit the books with the ib exams in like 5 weeks!
I would say go for leeds? :smile: Im putting newcastle as my insurance although i got an offer from bournemouth as well.
Where are you applying for accommodation? Endcliffe?

hmmm yea, im probably placing leeds or bournesmouth as my insurance. YES STUDY IB!!!! Physics is killing me, although i dont really know why i took physics in the first place. well just in case there is a new nuclear reactor... i would know what is going on :P

anyways... im thinking about endcliffe... but the city is closer to the journalism department... but i really like endcliffe though...
Reply 116
hmmm yea, im probably placing leeds or bournesmouth as my insurance. YES STUDY IB!!!! Physics is killing me, although i dont really know why i took physics in the first place. well just in case there is a new nuclear reactor... i would know what is going on :P

anyways... im thinking about endcliffe... but the city is closer to the journalism department... but i really like endcliffe though...

go for leeds! and wow psych, pretty impressive! just be happy that once sheffield starts you wont look back at it again :P
I made a desktop photo with huge letters saying i need to study for my mac so that i am more motivated hehehe.
and i am deffs choosing endcliffe, sheffield is relatively small anyway! still cant believe i have a chance of going there, so over the moon!
Reply 117

have you gotten scholarship info? are you applying??
have you gotten scholarship info? are you applying??

yup... just got the email... Im not sure. I mean what are they expecting for IB? O.O
Reply 119
Was rejected by Leeds yesterday for Broadcast Journalism, Sheffield uni is my firm choice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending