The Student Room Group

What are my chances of good Uni

Basically, my situation is a bit complicated :L

Firstly, my GCSE grades were not very good. I got no fails, but C's and B's.

I already did 2 years of college and I am doing a 3rd year because I had a change of mind in what I wanted to do, thus I am finishing Physics and Chemistry A2, currently.

So my first year of college I got:
Maths - A
Further Maths - A
Geography - A
I.T - B

Second year, I decided I wanted to do Science :L, so I dropped Geography and I.T and received:
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - B

So at the end of my 2 years I had an A Level in Maths and Further Maths, AS in Geography, I.T, Physics and Chemistry.

My 3rd and final year I am completing Physics and Chemistry, predicted A*/A.

So my final A level should look like this if I achieve my predicted grades:
Maths - A* (A2)
Further Maths - A (A2)
Physics - A* (A2)
Chemistry - A (A2)
Geography - A (AS)
I.T - B (AS)

So, will I have any chance in getting into Unis such as Warwick, UCL, Cambridge (maybe :L) etc.

but take into account i did 3 years of college, will this be a disadvantage to me??

thank you for reading :smile:
Oh man, you made a grammatical mistake in your thread title on TSR...
Reply 2
Hmm 3 years... you would have to check with the individual unis whether they were cool with that
Reply 3
Why do you think you deserve a better chance then people who got A's at GSCE ?

I mean so what if you try hard now? the people who A's at GSCE will also try hard and get A's at A level?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by FinalMH
Why do you think you deserve a better chance then people who got A's at GSCE ?

I mean so what if you try hard now? the people who A's at GSCE will also try hard and get A's at A level?

I thought not all Uni's care about GCSE results, but the A level results. But, I know there will be people w/ similar grades as me, who only did 2 years, and I think usually for elimination, they look at the GCSE grades.

However Unis look greatly in your personal statement and how enthusiastic you are about the subject :L

I know my GCSE results are not grade - could of done much better from looking at my A level results, but does that not show how much I improved :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest