The Student Room Group

best exam board for English Lit

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dorababy1995
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned WJEC. Does anyone have any experience with WJEC English literature? I'm asking this because that's what Truro College offers.

no... doing language of wjec...thats baaaaaaaaaaaad enough:angry:
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned WJEC. Does anyone have any experience with WJEC English literature? I'm asking this because that's what Truro College offers.

Yes, I did this exam board. Had no real problems with it. I have tutored a student doing the AQA B specification and I can say that I do prefer WJEC! Apart from the unseen poetry that I did in my A2 exam which is not featured in the AQA B exam (perhaps making WJEC a tad less desirable!), I prefer the way that I could interweave all the assessment objectives in one essay. With AQA B, it was a bit more broken up with one question just testing lang, form and structure alone etc. I think it's actually harder to make an essay flow this way as language, form and structure can prompt evaluation involving other AOs.
Did anyone do Edexcel Literature? How was it??
For GCSE it's got to be AQA, not that hard at all :smile:

YES I've been waiting for someone to post about WJEC :smile:
I did WJEC english Lit (waiting for AS results in a few days) and personally I think its the best english can get. 40% is coursework so the teachers help you tons for that, and then the exam is 150 mins long and you have to write 2 essays - one on poetry which you studied and one on a play :smile:

I'd really recommend it to anyone - good luck :smile:
Original post by p.formanko
YES I've been waiting for someone to post about WJEC :smile:
I did WJEC english Lit (waiting for AS results in a few days) and personally I think its the best english can get. 40% is coursework so the teachers help you tons for that, and then the exam is 150 mins long and you have to write 2 essays - one on poetry which you studied and one on a play :smile:

I'd really recommend it to anyone - good luck :smile:

What do you mean by best? Easiest?
Original post by cheeriosarenice
What do you mean by best? Easiest?

"Best" being:
- most interesting, as it covers a broad range of eras - 19th century work, Shakespeare, but also some modern day stuff too
- range of content: you study plays, poetry (whole books of poems, not just individual ones), novels.
Easy - ace the coursework and that's 40% of the whole A-level in the bag!

Obviously I cannot comment for other exam boards as I have no clue of their course content
Original post by pseudonymegg
There is no 'best' board... they're all evil!!

Apart from WJEC
Original post by MadMike457
I do AQA Lit B... half way through the course so far, got an A for AS, hopefully get the same for A2.

It's not too bad, the books/literature you study is okay, if you have any specific questions I can answer you.

can you answer my question if youre still here?
AQA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending