The Student Room Group

Middlesex university

My uni starts tomorrow and just want to know approx how many people will be on my course and isit similar to college or isit completely different? also what will happen on the first day?
Reply 1
Hi there i am starting Middlesex Uni 2morrow is well i be studying BA Accounting and Finance Degree i been told to come in at 1.30pm for my induction. Me as well i was wondering wat we will do on induction day tomorrow! Have you got any Idea!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
I don't know what course you're doing, but lectures have a lot of people in. Over 100 easily. On the first day of freshers you meet your flat mates and if you're lucky one of them (or maybe you) will arrange what you're going to do for the night.

Depending on how it goes you may spend the rest of the week with them. If it doesn't go too well you will either spend the rest of the week in your room or make new friends.

EDIT: If you meant the first day of your actual course, you'll have an introduction to the course and a light lecture.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Will the introdution just be talkin about the subject and the modules you will do and how long is the induction usually 4 do we go on a campus tour is well! thanks:smile:

i was talkin about the first week being 3rd october (Freshers week) what happens during this week!!!!?????

Thanks 4 the Help!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
The course is split up into modules. Generally one module won't talk about the others. Each module will have a sort of induction.

I didn't go on a campus tour with mine. The induction is just part of the lecture, my lectures are 150 minutes.
Reply 5
when you started Middlesex Uni for the first time during the induction what happened and in the Fresher Week What was Happen What happened on the First day !!
Thanks 4 all the help!!!!!!:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by j2s0n
I don't know what course you're doing, but lectures have a lot of people in. Over 100 easily. On the first day of freshers you meet your flat mates and if you're lucky one of them (or maybe you) will arrange what you're going to do for the night.

Depending on how it goes you may spend the rest of the week with them. If it doesn't go too well you will either spend the rest of the week in your room or make new friends.

EDIT: If you meant the first day of your actual course, you'll have an introduction to the course and a light lecture.

Im not living in the halls as i only live 20mins from the uni..
Reply 7
Original post by k17258
Im not living in the halls as i only live 20mins from the uni..

Ok then. All you can really do in the freshers week is go to week 0 classes and hope you meet a few people though.

It's very likely you wont. The people who are there are tired from a night out and just want to get in and get out of them as fast as possible.

It's week 1 where the difficulty gets turned on (marginally).
Reply 8
I will not be living in a hall becoz I am 2 stay at home coz I live close to Hendon campus I just wanted to know sorry 4 asking so many question when you arrive 4 the first time the induction what will the uni make you do on the first day and during the week !!

Thanks so much 4 all the help!!!!:smile::smile:
Reply 9
Original post by j2s0n
Ok then. All you can really do in the freshers week is go to week 0 classes and hope you meet a few people though.

It's very likely you wont. The people who are there are tired from a night out and just want to get in and get out of them as fast as possible.

It's week 1 where the difficulty gets turned on (marginally).

So i will find it hard to make friends?? because i dont live in the halls??
Reply 10
Original post by uzi12345
I will not be living in a hall becoz I am 2 stay at home coz I live close to Hendon campus I just wanted to know sorry 4 asking so many question when you arrive 4 the first time the induction what will the uni make you do on the first day and during the week !!

Thanks so much 4 all the help!!!!:smile::smile:

Probably the same as what happens in college
Reply 11
Is this your first year at Middlesex uni if not then how's the experience at uni and during the first week and after that!!!???
Reply 12
Is this your first year at Middlesex uni if not then how's the experience at uni and during the first week and after that!!!???

yeah its my first year and im starting 2moro afternoon..
Reply 13
Sorry about b4 I thought you were in the second year or higher I ll be studying accounting and finance and u?????
Reply 14
Original post by k17258
So i will find it hard to make friends?? because i dont live in the halls??

No, not at all. But other people will (probably) have a head start. Ironically I'm one of the few people on my course who actually lives in halls. Easily >2/3 of the class commutes from home.
Reply 15
I am studying a BA in accounting and finance what about you others? Whomr commin 2 Middlesex university!
:smile:
Wat will you guys be studying!

Thanks!!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
I am studying a BA in accounting and finance what about you others? Whomr commin 2 Middlesex university!
:smile:
Wat will you guys be studying!

Thanks!!!!

im studying accounting and business
Reply 17
Do you start tomorrow ! What gonna happen in tomorrows induction! Do you guys know anyone ?!!!!!??
Reply 18
Do you start tomorrow ! What gonna happen in tomorrows induction! Do you guys know anyone ?!!!!!??

Yeah im starting 2moro at 1.30 pm and i no a few people but they are doing different courses.
Reply 19
Thanks ! But do people who have already gone 2 there induction know Wat will happen on the first day tomorrow!:smile: at Middlesex university !
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest