The Student Room Group

Queen - Greatest Rock Band Ever?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
no
I don't like Queen.
I would say that it's either them, Floyd or Led Zep, but yes, they are the most iconic (shame its for the arena songs, and not the masterpieces like Innuendo, you take my breath away, keep yourself alive, spread your wings, these are the days of our lives, etc. There is more to queen than we will rock you, we are the champions and bohemian rhapsody)

No one will EVER perform better vocals than on these are the days of our lives. Watch the video and tell me that is not THE most emotional performance you have ever seen. Knowing he's dying horribly from AIDs, you can see how ill he is very clearly, and he still sings absolutely perfectly. The song is about him coming to terms with the fact that he knows he's going to die, it's heartbreaking, the video makes me cry literally every time I see it. I think Innuendo, their last album is the best of their career, and should be ranked more highly as one of the best rock albums of all time.
Original post by mikeyd85
No.

It's Motorhead. Always has been, always will be.

the thing with motorhead is some people call them heavy metal (me included), and others call them rock, which means when it comes to people thinking of best metal or rock band they dont get enogh recognition
Led Zeppelin for me. No other band are on the same level IMO.
Reply 45
Definitely Queen for me. I've grown up with it and love every single track.
Reply 46
Original post by HSG1992
You spelt Led Zeppelin wrong.

You spelled Pink Floyd wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest