The Student Room Group

What do you think is the best looking car

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Reply 81
Original post by Erich Hartmann

What a pity it never really caught on. Still a beauty for a Jaguar of that era.

Definitely! Up until the X Type, I don't think there ever was a ugly Jag though, but the XJ220 is summat else, beautiful
Original post by gbduo
Definitely! Up until the X Type, I don't think there ever was a ugly Jag though, but the XJ220 is summat else, beautiful

You must have a selective memory.

The Jaguar 420G was quite an ugly piece :biggrin:

The Mark X wasn't fantastic looking either :biggrin:

The ones that weren't good looking :-
XJ40, Series 2 & 3 XJ6.

The Series 1 XJ Coupe was hideous.
Reply 83
Original post by lacelicker
The morris minor - or a VW beetle ...... or maybe a Aunstin 12/4

This! Though as someone has allready said Ferrari 250 GTO = sex

also

austin healey 3000
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by Erich Hartmann
You must have a selective memory.

The Jaguar 420G was quite an ugly piece :biggrin:

The Mark X wasn't fantastic looking either :biggrin:

The ones that weren't good looking :-
XJ40, Series 2 & 3 XJ6.

The Series 1 XJ Coupe was hideous.

Yeh, but the sports cars have always been good looking...other than the XJS!

The XJ got better, certainly the XJ8 before the facelift and aluminium body is pretty good looking.

The thing is though that Jaguar made so many pretty cars it blots out the ugly ones! Haha!
Reply 85
Original post by gbduo

The XJ got better, certainly the XJ8 before the facelift and aluminium body is pretty good looking.

The thing is though that Jaguar made so many pretty cars it blots out the ugly ones! Haha!

I quite like the XJS, I think it has aged well.
Reply 86
Original post by zigzog7
I quite like the XJS, I think it has aged well.

But when you compare it to its pre-decessors, like the C/D/E Type, XK120 and XK150 and then the Mark II/S Type, you can see how they have aged better!
Original post by gbduo

The Jags of beauty and actually of any manufacturer has always been their sports cars. In very rare exceptions do we see their standard saloons as a beauty. Quite true even for the likes of Alfa Romeo and Lancia.

Personally I've always found the Mk2 and E-Types to be one of the best ever looking Jag, made to appear that beauty was what the designer had in mind, only after that they engineered it and then somehow forgot to rust-proof or find drainage for it :tongue:
Original post by Fuzzed_Out

The Countach is stunning in my opinion, though it must have the delta wing.

That and the Testarossa (for something slightly less extreme) must have been quite stunning in the 80s.

But Lambos are always beautiful in an aggressive sense, contrasted to the Ferrari's softer elegance.

The old-style Jag XKR was really beautiful and actually ownable.

IMO the F40 and the McLaren F1 are very beautiful, and the latter the greatest car ever made.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by gbduo
But when you compare it to its pre-decessors, like the C/D/E Type, XK120 and XK150 and then the Mark II/S Type, you can see how they have aged better!

Oh absolutely, but it certainly isnt a bad looking car.
Reply 90
Got to be the Nissan GT-R
Reply 91
Ferrari 250 GTO

Maclaren Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss

Aston Martin One-77
Reply 92

As soon as I can afford the finance this is my dream car. 1960's mustang in either fastback or convertible form. Not that expensive either - 15-20k will get you a decent convertible, 20-25 for a fastback.
Ariel Atom, looks awesomely simple, goes like lightening, and gives the driver a beautiful facelift at the same time.

Reply 94
Jaguar XF and Aston Martin DB9

If I could have any two cars right now it would be those. Practicality in the XF (helps that the top end model has a supercharger mind :biggrin:) and lunacy in the DB9.
Reply 95
Too hard to narrow it down to one car imo...

Pagani Zonda Cinque:

Older Porsches, especially if they're RWB tuned:

Lamborghini Aventador:

Hakosuka Skyline:

240Z/260Z/280Z:

BWM E28:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending