The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeh that is out of order
Which uni do you go to btw?
fiesty_fox
Yeh that is out of order
Which uni do you go to btw?

On her location it says Sheffield...not sure if that's her home town or Uni!

Wherever she goes, I don't want to go there!
Reply 22
I'll help you beat the crap out of them if you want.

Aside from that, you've got two options - get some uni/authority type to sort it out or sort it out yourself. The best way of doing the latter is probably to go completely nuts at them and hopefully they'll fear you...

Meantime, type not to let it get to you. They're a pathetic bunch of little *****.
Reply 23
xXMessedUpXx
firstly, i have problems with certain housmates since i came to uni in september. the main thing they do is buzz my room at all hours (its like an intercom system). this has been goingon for months,tho i've stopped reacting cos i know thats what they want.

then during the time when i was suffering badly with depression, they furthed it by stealing stuff from my cupboards, then leaving post-it-notes with abusive messages on them all around the kitchen

and tonight i've just come home to find a used condom on my door handle

i'm so sick of this yet if i confront them they will just deny it. i don't know what to do but its like they want to make my life hell and its starting to really get to me. im not sure how much more i can take, or what they'll do next :mad: :frown:

Good god, thats evil :eek: And these people are uni students??? Its just horrible.

Tbh, if it was me I would have cracked a long time ago and probably gone home. You must be so brave. You really do need to do something about it - you shouldnt have to live like that. Can you move accommodation?
I would seriously complain to staff. The doorhandle "joke" is perverse and sick.
Reply 25
xXMessedUpXx
firstly, i have problems with certain housmates since i came to uni in september. the main thing they do is buzz my room at all hours (its like an intercom system). this has been goingon for months,tho i've stopped reacting cos i know thats what they want.

then during the time when i was suffering badly with depression, they furthed it by stealing stuff from my cupboards, then leaving post-it-notes with abusive messages on them all around the kitchen

i'm so sick of this yet if i confront them they will just deny it. i don't know what to do but its like they want to make my life hell and its starting to really get to me. im not sure how much more i can take, or what they'll do next :mad: :frown:

Poor you! you need to get this sorted before they affect your wellbeing anymore. Have you tried talking to them about it? Personally though I would speak to your accommodation officer (or whoever at your uni), keep a log of what they do so that you have it all down and you wont forget anything. Im sure if you speak to your accommodation person or academic rep they can take action against these idiots!
strawberry
I wouldn't blame him for crying though...I mean, he's the victim of unnecessary abuse...or rather, abuse for no reason at all. Report them to the police if you have to. this is unprovoked harassment
i'm a she but thanx

it bothers me so much cos it beings back memeories of being bullied and the reasons why i have my problems (depression/self harm/suicidal)
If it keeps up, just send them a punch in the face, after going mental.
Yeah, it sounds stupid, but it often works.
Jeez, putting stuff like that on your door handle is just demeaning to both of you.
Reply 28
No, don't stoop to their level.
If I were you, I'd go out, buy a massive butcher's knife, and stand just inside their room, tapping their door quietly with your fingernails and breathing heavily. If that doesn't stop them, move out, get about 20 copies of the door keys cut, and leave them at random places throughout the university and surrounding places, with a tag on saying the address. Then see if you can get some pigs' (or other animals) blood from your nearest butcher, go in in the night and pour it over them all, and all their belongings.

But that's just me.
Reply 30
dont retaliate with screaming or abuse because i doubt theyd have the intelligence to stop even then...people like that would just snigger about how funny it was you cracked up.

Just stay calm, give them no reaction, collect evidence and remember they are the freaks, not you. They are the ones obviously so unimaginative they have to amuse themselves with this kind of sh*t

Make sure they see you laughing and enjoying yourself as much as possible, eg when a friend calls over. This, combined with being deadpan, totally bored when in the company of the d*ckheads will frustrate them
Becky - this is so grossly unfair. As a tennant, you have a fundamental RIGHT to live in that house with a feeling of safety, comfort and security. This behaviour is completely unacceptable, as I'm afraid it is a form of bullying and intimidation. If you feel intimidated in your own house - this is where you need to seek help. You've been doing the right thing; do not retaliate, as if you decide to take further action they can use this against you. Like someone mentioned, take photos and collect the post it notes. They're silly thinking they can get away with this.

What I would suggest is go to Hallam's help desk or Student Services. They can put you into contact with the right people. Just explain your situation, talk to friends and talk to your parents about the situation. They can advise you best.

This is completely unfair to you, I'm sure you haven't done ANYTHING to warrant this. If you feel like PMing me, the feel free to do so.

I hope everything goes okay.
Becky (Philosophia)
xxx
Reply 32
xXMessedUpXx

Next time they do it (something like the condom incident) walk back out and go and get the manager or whoever. Or tell them, but I think telling the manager would be better.

BTW are you in exchange works? Cos I've heard the manager admit that its known as the 'Young Offender's Institute' and says its had the name for years. My flatmates are okay though.
Get some of your mates to help you leave buckets of water on the top of the kitchen door/ put superglue on the doorhandles of their rooms/ put worms in their fridge space. Or just tell on them if it's easier. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending