The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Uel 2012

Is anyone planning to go to Uni of East London in 2012? I've put it down as one of my choices. Seems like a nice area in the Docklands. Aside from education, i'm hoping it offers a good place to meet other students have fun and so on.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That'll be a no then!
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Try and get into a better uni mate, no joke.
Original post by slinden
Is anyone planning to go to Uni of East London in 2012? I've put it down as one of my choices. Seems like a nice area in the Docklands. Aside from education, i'm hoping it offers a good place to meet other students have fun and so on.

I'm applying! It's not one of my first choices but I figured I'd better keep my options open as I'm a mature student and I'm not too sure what my chances are with other unis.:rolleyes:

What course are you applying for?
Reply 4
Hi, sorry about late reply - i'm 24 so classed as mature. I've applied for South Bank, UEL, West London, Brighton

I'm hoping to do multimedia journalism / journalism
Reply 5
I go to UEL at the moment studying media/journalism combined honours and I really love it. Im not in halls (at the moment) but everyone I know who is has told me its a great environment and they have an amazing time. Course wise it's really interesting, haven't found myself wanting to fall asleep yet so there's a plus!
Reply 6
i started this yr and im doing computing (docklands campus). i rly like it, its local and the students are friendly. the campus is lovely too.
Hi guys, I've put UEL down as one of my choices for next year too, and for those who are already there/have had a response - I was just wondering roughly how long they take to get back to you, if anyone knows? Or does it vary?
Reply 8
I applied to do Computing at UEL two weeks ago, got a conditional offer last night. The offer is ridiculously low, 100 ucas points.
Reply 9
I'm considering putting it as one of my choices but the living costs are terrifying me!
I'm from a very low income household so i know i'll get the maintainance loan and grant but will i be able to live there without considering air to be a luxury?!
Any advice or reassurance will be greatly appreciated, i'd give and arm and a leg to live in london...
Reply 10
Dont worry carefree, if you want to come to london you should. Your student loan will cover everything and there is lots of part time jobs available in east london with the new westfields open in stratford.
Applied for East london Last night :biggrin:
Reply 12
I applied to UEL to do Architecture anyone doing the same or heard anything from them??
Original post by Akanns
I applied to UEL to do Architecture anyone doing the same or heard anything from them??

Good luck, i applied for law but havent heard anything yet (only applied 3 days ago! i imagine it's still with my tutors lol)
Reply 14
Original post by Care-Free
Good luck, i applied for law but havent heard anything yet (only applied 3 days ago! i imagine it's still with my tutors lol)

Thanks :smile: good luck to you too! i applied last month and im still waiting! (N)
Original post by Akanns
Thanks :smile: good luck to you too! i applied last month and im still waiting! (N)

Just realised i also quoted you in the nottingham trent thread! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Just realised i also quoted you in the nottingham trent thread! :biggrin:

Lool i just realised too! what unis you applying to?
Original post by Akanns
Lool i just realised too! what unis you applying to?

Northumbria, Aberystwyth (tempted to change it every time i attempt to spell it!) , Nottingham Trent, East London and Anglia Ruskin :smile:
You?
Reply 18
Northumbria, Aberystwyth (tempted to change it every time i attempt to spell it!) , Nottingham Trent, East London and Anglia Ruskin :smile:
You?

urm De Montfort, Nottingham Trent, East London and Leeds Mett i think im going to add Coventry later not so sure yet :smile:
Reply 19
Received a email inviting me for a interview :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest