Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Uel 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey guys!
I am applying as an International Student (America) for September 2012 and I'm wondering what you think of my chances.
They require a B average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) for US Students. I have a weighted 4.26 GPA and a score of 1810 on SATs (UEL requires 1600).
I think my personal statement is really good and, because I'm from America, I am fluent in English.
Do you think I'll be accepted? I'm so paranoid!!
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Original post by rosiecatt
Hey guys!
I am applying as an International Student (America) for September 2012 and I'm wondering what you think of my chances.
They require a B average (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) for US Students. I have a weighted 4.26 GPA and a score of 1810 on SATs (UEL requires 1600).
I think my personal statement is really good and, because I'm from America, I am fluent in English.
Do you think I'll be accepted? I'm so paranoid!!

No offence but it is UEL. They literally accept everybody. :colondollar:
I think they once were fined for accepting more applicants than places offered.
Reply 62
Hi everybody, I'm an EU student and I've applied for UEL for Sports Journalism. Since I can't find so much information on the internet, could you tell me something about this uni? Is it a good place where to study? I mean structure, location, campus, lectures, etc...
Thank you!
Reply 63
Original post by Project AKO
Has anyone applied to do Anthropology at UEL? :smile:

I have! You been accepted and are you combining it with anything?
Reply 64
Hiiiiiiii
Is there anyone studying International Development or Anthropology or just starting in September at UEL??
I'll feel so much better moving down there already have spoken to someone!
Reply 65
Original post by clacly22
Hi everybody, I'm an EU student and I've applied for UEL for Sports Journalism. Since I can't find so much information on the internet, could you tell me something about this uni? Is it a good place where to study? I mean structure, location, campus, lectures, etc...
Thank you!

Well im probrably the best person to give you feedback on this....I live like 20 minutes away from Uel and have passed by there most of my life. I'm also studying Sports Journalism this year as a joint honour.

From what my friends have told me(who already go), they say its a pretty good university and has alot of facilities that will open up during and after the Olympics especially a brand new Sports Centre im looking forward to using. Also after the olympics UEL students will have alot of access to all the stuff left over. In terms of location, it is london so there will always be stuff to do. And theres a brand new mega Shopping Centre called Westfield 5 mins away .

If i assume your a sports fanatic doing Sports Journalism like me ill say that going to UEL for 2012 is probrably the best place you could be at if your course relates to Sports seeing as the olympics will be taking place 5 minutes away from your campus.
Reply 66
Hi I`m starting UEL in September doing Medical Microbiology and Pharmacology. Just wondering if anyone doing science not sports. I am also a mature student who is not staying in halls. So was just wondering anyone else out there:biggrin:::shakecane::ta:
Reply 67
Hi I'm going to UEL in September as a mature student but I'll be starting from year 2 of the pharmacology course as I was previously at Portsmouth.
Reply 68
Hey, anyone going to UEL in september for MBA?
Will be attending UEL in January...Do we have a sub forum on here yet?
Reply 70
Just got in to do interactive media. Hoping I get into halls my student loan is taking its time. :mad:
Original post by lostlife
Hey, anyone going to UEL in september for MBA?

Hi, have you decided yet if you are studying at UEL? What were your other choices?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 72
How is everyone getting on at UEL? Im coming to UEL next year.
Original post by Essex Boy
How is everyone getting on at UEL? Im coming to UEL next year.

I was supposed to start Jan 2013 but started this month instead, and I'm liking it so far! the campus is nice, my tutors are nice bunch and I'm enjoying the classes. I've only been going for 2 weeks though, but hopefully my experience will stay a positive one.
Original post by mingzayni88
I was supposed to start Jan 2013 but started this month instead, and I'm liking it so far! the campus is nice, my tutors are nice bunch and I'm enjoying the classes. I've only been going for 2 weeks though, but hopefully my experience will stay a positive one.

That's good :smile: What are you studying?
Reply 75
Hi, i would like to know is the sport & exercise science undergrad course at uel good?
Original post by ttlj92
Hi, i would like to know is the sport & exercise science undergrad course at uel good?

I dont study sports science, but UEL has some excellent sporting facilities including the newley built sports dock which was the USA's olympic team base during the London 2012 olympics. Its meant to be one of the best sporting facilites in the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest