The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh? Safe to talk abt it adi?
Reply 2
I made some stupid mistakes... can people post there answers because im too embrassed to post mine :redface: .
Hope everyone did well in the exam, best of luck if u have remaining exams.

-Naz
Was a pretty good paper i thought :smile:
Reply 4
did any1 get 1.37eV as the kinetic energy...?? also the last question.. i got the radius as 74.5m and the force as 0.077N...??
r4mzy
did any1 get 1.37eV as the kinetic energy...?? also the last question.. i got the radius as 74.5m and the force as 0.077N...??

i got 2.2*10^-19 j so i guess we're right and yep i also got 74.5 and 0.077N :biggrin:
Erm what did you guys write for the assumption for the first question about age of universe? That was about the only one i couldnt do.
Reply 6
1.4eV was my kinetic energy....
I got radius as 486 (or 483) forgot....
Force as 0.0012 or 0.012 (dunno if I'm right)
What was the forces that acted at point B on the London Eye?

OKAY.... CONFIRMATION... I'M WRONG!!!
DAMMIT
I just calculated it again....
What's wrong wiv me lately?
kenobi124
1.4eV was my kinetic energy....
I got radius as 486 (or 483) forgot....
Force as 0.0012 or 0.012 (dunno if I'm right)
What was the forces that acted at point B on the London Eye?

normal reaction and gravitational force?
Reply 8
Assumption: galaxies are moving from a point and the individual velocities do not vary.
Reply 9
r4mzy

yup ..same as urs... XD
Reply 10
i just wrote gravity and tension... (wasnt sure bout the tension)... the assumption.. cudnt fink of anything so just wrote... u assume hubbles constant does not change... :confused:
Reply 11
damaster275
normal reaction and gravitational force?

I wrote Weight and Centrifugal force....
Don't know if that's right...

--------------

grotto
Assumption: galaxies are moving from a point and the individual velocities do not vary.

My assumption: That all the galaxies originated from a singularity and that the recession velocities of the galaxies are not accelerating...
Reply 12
what did ppl write for the value of X.... i wrote 10exp-10metres
r4mzy

i put 10^-8 lol because its in between 10^-7(UV) and 10^-10(x-ray)...
Reply 14
r4mzy

oh great.... i got the order of them wrong.... I put gamma rays before X-rays.... I'm good gamed... it is supposed to be 10^-10 but i don't know why i wrote 10^-12
Reply 15
u do know that centrifugal force is not actually a force. It does not exist but people think its an actual force
Reply 16
i was gonna put that in but thrt i mite aswell put 10exp-10 in instead... nwy i thrt question 6 was well easy... it was bout resonance occuring when the waves are the same frequency as the natural frequency of the tower.... i hopeee.. :confused:
Reply 17
gfdsa
u do know that centrifugal force is not actually a force. It does not exist but people think its an actual force

I didn't think writing normal reaction force would get me the mark, but centrifugal force was all i could think of....
oh well..... i'm ready to retake.... don't mind
Reply 18
lol i thought it was in decending order of frequency so for X i got microwaves and i wrote down 10^-3. They should have made that more clear, and for the assumption for the first question i wrote down that we (observer) and in the middle of the universe so the radius is equal in all directions.
for the assumption I said we assume that the velocity of recession has remained constant

Latest