F215 (Control, Genomes and Environment) OCR Biology - Tuesday 31st January 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by areebmazhar
Are you guys going for an A* as well?

yeh hopefully but my coursework is pulling me down though
Original post by undertaker1

yeh hopefully but my coursework is pulling me down though

What are you on at the moment for ISA's?
What are you on at the moment for ISA's?

34/60 wbu?

34/60 wbu?

48/60 and 86/90 for january exam so I need 134 ums on this exam to get an A*, it's easier to score high on exams than isa's though
Reply 64
Im on 46/6o for the A2 CW. 2 UMS away from the A.
Reply 65
48/60 and 86/90 for january exam so I need 134 ums on this exam to get an A*, it's easier to score high on exams than isa's though

Isnt it 138UMS you need for the A*?
Original post by ManPowa

Original post by ManPowa
Isnt it 138UMS you need for the A*?

270 for the A*, already dropped 12+4=16, so I can drop 14 more on the june exam, so that is 136, I think we both added up wrong :P
Reply 67
270 for the A*, already dropped 12+4=16, so I can drop 14 more on the june exam, so that is 136, I think we both added up wrong :P

Hhaha we did :P 270-134=136 LOL good luck broo
Original post by ManPowa

Original post by ManPowa
Hhaha we did :P 270-134=136 LOL good luck broo

same to you :smile:
has anyone found some mistakes on 'what determines sex' on page 131. the stretch and challenge questions?

questions B and C are incorrect if you look at the answers on page 275.

has anyone found some mistakes on 'what determines sex' on page 131. the stretch and challenge questions?

I'll have a look later today for you :smile:

So for B, they've mixed up the colours of male and female?
And C, the female offspring at the end are still black, as they have YXB?
So we have got about 7 weeks left for this exam, when everyone is finished content/revision then post here and we can start uploading practice questions :smile:
can someone explain pages 140-143 from the heinemann text book.

the text book doesnt mention allopatric and sympatric speciation nor does the specification however the cgp book and the heinemann revision guides uses those concepts.

what exactly do we need to know???

thanks

also found another mistake in the book page 139 QxQ(q squared) should be cfcf not cFcf in the worked example
for cloning animals using nuclear transfer on page 156 why is the reconstructed cell placed into one sheep and then placed into another sheep uterus. why do they have to recover the early embroy and then place it into uterus of a second sheep???

for cloning animals using nuclear transfer on page 156 why is the reconstructed cell placed into one sheep and then placed into another sheep uterus. why do they have to recover the early embroy and then place it into uterus of a second sheep???

Not sure myself, I'll ask my teacher and then see what he says
Reply 76
My BIo Teacher goes Muscles will most likely come up.
Original post by ManPowa
My BIo Teacher goes Muscles will most likely come up.

i also think meiosis will come up
Reply 78
i also think meiosis will come up

Yeah youre right. Can Just see a 8 marker, ' explain how meiosis leads to genetic variation'
Original post by ManPowa
Yeah youre right. Can Just see a 8 marker, ' explain how meiosis leads to genetic variation'

have any sex linkage- codominance questions come up recently where we have to draw those punnett squares. and i also think epistasis might come up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending