The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Time to Rate, the Last Thing Ye Ate!

Scroll to see replies

Thorntons Moment chocolate truffle

4/10

As a truffle lover, I'm probably a harsh critic. These seemed a little small to me, even for bitesize chocolates. I wish there had been a thicker outer layer of chocolate too, it was all a bit brittle and crumbly. There was a somewhat odd sweet initial taste when the chocolate hits the tongue but it did mellow and melt into a nice chocolate flavour. The truffle was also weird, I was waiting for the kick in of flavour but it didn't really happen. I kept thinking throughout eating, why does this taste a bit like..orange?

It still gets a four though. Because it's chocolate..and a truffle.
Reply 721

9/10

Lovely strong flavor (although I won't be kissing anyone today - garlic!!) and REALLY crunchy and substantial compared to other under 100 calorie crisps. Loads in the bag and low in sat fat but most importantly - YUMMY!
(edited 12 years ago)
An apple - 6/10. It was nice but not as sweet as I was expecting. Plus Im still hungry.
Orange crisp Thorntons moment chocolate

wow. 9/10 - I don't even LIKE orange chocolate, but I loved this.
Reply 724
EASTER GOODIES!! I munched my way into CADBURYS CREME EGGS... AND CADBURYS MINI EGGS!!

FULL REVIEW AND RATING at... well, the usual place. But let me just say that one was a bit MEH and one was a bit YEAH!!
Tesco Finest White Chocolate Chip Cookies 9/10. Nice and soft with loads of chocolate pieces, just wish it was a lot bigger!
Reply 726
Marks and Spencer's Rocky Road Easter egg.

This thing is INCREDIBUBLE!
Thick milk chocolate with huge CHUNKS of honeycomb and mini bits of marshmallow imbedded into the chocolate. It was the size of my head(ish) too.

9/10. I wish it had more honeycomb chunks in it, or smaller bits scattere throughout too.
Pineapple chunks - 8/10. Tasty.
Aero caramel mousse.

8/10. I rate this. It had a bias start given I love mousse, I love chocolate, I love aero, I love bubbles/melt. But additionally, it wasn't too rich - which some can be. And the caramel flavour wasn't too synthetic, I don't usually like it in chocolate generally but they worked well together. They blended as one and it didn't seem like two separate entities. At only 93 calories for the pot, it didn't feel like I was going for a "lighter" option.

Nice one Aero! Will probably give white chocolate ones ago next week!
Bacon, melted cheese and mayo ciabatta roll.

9/10 Very tasty and very unhealthy :laugh:
Reply 730
I ATE A ZOO!

With Cadbury's Mini Animals!!

They were super-yum! Full review and rating at the usual place :wink:
Reply 731
Tescos own cinnamon grahams.

Wildly disappointing. 3/10. Too thick and crunchy.

Ham slices, butter and Fruit Ryvita. Really lovely!
8/10 so nice! They compliment each other so well!

Seafood sticks
9/10. Looks like crap but ah so good!
Salt and Pepper soft pretzel.

8/10, Just out of the oven, made them myself so it makes the hard work feel worth it! But should have cooked them a bit longer, and I struggle to get the proper pretzel shape :frown:
Reply 733
Ginsters meat feast slice.

6.5/10. I still have half let which will probably get thrown away. It wasn't nasty just pretty bland and boring. Maybe I should've microwaved it.
Venison burger with Heinz Tommy K with Indian spices, it's like my last bit of the bottle and I think they don't sell it anymore. I'm devastated, I've grown to really really love this.
Reply 735

Tesco's new flavours of cassava chips include multipacks with: BARBECUE, TANGY SALSA and THAI GREEN CURRY.

They're all AWESOME. I just tried the third and final flavour, the Thai Green, and seriously - GREAT approximations of what they're aping.
I got two!

For breakfast I had an odd one. Two weetabix with a teeny bit of hot milk, mixed through so it's almost like a weetabix porridge. Then I topped it with a handful of Alpen. I also mixed this through so it all got soaked up warm a lovely. I'd give it a 6/10, purely not higher because I adore Alpen on it's own and I lost it a bit in the weetabix.

Second is DARK CHOCOLATE mikado. I love regular and daim versions but they may have been trumped by this new one. The Daim I find they've made the chocolate thinner to compensate for the crunchy additions without affecting calories. Milk is a bit plain, dark gives an extra flavour. Really pleasant. 8/10
Reply 737
Just made some grilled mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt on.

8/10. Mmm mushroomy goodness :biggrin:

Also tried the 'Oh My Apple Pie' B&J's. (I love going home for a bit when I'm at Uni, I get so many awesome treats to take back! :biggrin:) It was pretty good. I can't decide if I loved it or whether it was just ok. I think it's one of those 'Try again later' thing. So tomorrow I shall report again! For now, 6or7/10. Because there were lovely bits of apple in it and crust type lumps which added a nice dimension.
Reply 738
Marks and Spencer Prawn Cocktail Salad. Good, but not great; hardly filling, but then again, it IS a salad, and it IS from the 70s.

Review and rating at the usual place (can't link, won't link) :wink:
"It's good but it's not right"

Quick Reply

Latest