The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
VR - 560 (FECK)
QR - 660
AR - 690
DA - 740

Average - 662.5

Stupid friggin VR. I ran out of time again and had to guess about 10 questions. Also, for QR I didn't have a keyboard and the touchscreen didn't work so I spent ages pissing about with the mouse. I'm pleased with my score though..
Original post by undertaker1
ok mate you got 900 on QR. i got 600.
what sort of questions came up and how did it compare to the 600q book.
MY qr was ecaxtly the same as Practice test 2 on the ukcat website.
how would you compare yours.

i was fortunate to get 600 as i gusssed half of them with the answer D.
couldnt really do all the questions as there where so many steps involved.
i actually worked really hard for this test aswell

oh well i shouldnt really moan

Mine was similar. You are not supposed to be specific according to the terms (but it's the last day of testing today so not much unfair advantage risk). In general it was percentage change, problems of finding the original percentage, understanding measures of central tendency (mean and mode), graph reading, and one required the use of the formula for area of a circle.
Reply 202
URGENT
I got an average of 610
VR - 500
QR - 620
AR - 670
DA - 650
i have 5 A's n 1 B's in olevels. I have a high school diploma with an average of 83%. I have done advance placement (AP) subjetcs Chemistry and calculus in which i got 4 in both of them.
I also got an A at 89.3% in Maths alevel.
can any1 help me decide which unis to choose?
right now i have decided aberdeen, queenmary, kings and newcastle
Reply 203
Original post by alinak86
URGENT
I got an average of 610
VR - 500
QR - 620
AR - 670
DA - 650
i have 5 A's n 1 B's in olevels. I have a high school diploma with an average of 83%. I have done advance placement (AP) subjetcs Chemistry and calculus in which i got 4 in both of them.
I also got an A at 89.3% in Maths alevel.
can any1 help me decide which unis to choose?
right now i have decided aberdeen, queenmary, kings and newcastle

Your UKCAT is a bit low for Queen Mary, Kings and Newcastle I'm afraid. Respective cutoffs last year were: 630 , < unavailable but they favour the UKCAT>, 675

:frown:
Reply 204
my predicted grades are 3A's (chem,bio n phys)
ok then how about leicester, aberdeen, leeds
do u suggest any other university?
Reply 205
Original post by alinak86
my predicted grades are 3A's (chem,bio n phys)
ok then how about leicester, aberdeen, leeds
do u suggest any other university?

Try entering your academics into this spreadsheet to see where you are eligible to apply. Then look at the individual universities to see which courses you prefer.

Btw, quote me if you want a reply. It's easier to check.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 206
which one of these unis should i apply to:
hull york
keele
brighton and sussex
leeds
Reply 207
Original post by Vulpes
Try entering your academics into this spreadsheet to see where you are eligible to apply. Then look at the individual universities to see which courses you prefer.

which one of these unis should i apply to:
hull york
keele
brighton and sussex
leeds
Reply 208
Original post by wannabeDr
I've got my ukcat test tomorrow, just wanted to know in the QR section is there a lot of text or just tables and a few sentences?

It really isn't as bad as the mocks online - some have just a couple of sentences, some have simple tables. x
Hi just did my ukcat today. Got VR:710, QR:700, AR:610, DA:810 which is an average of about 708. I was initially quite happy to get at least a 700 but seeing the poll results, it seems that above 700 is quite common so now feeling a bit sad. Sighpie I felt that I could have done better for AR coz I didnt manage to complete it. I left about 20 questions blank which I could have at least gotten some marks if I left some time to just guess them. As an international student, I feel my chances are lower so I probably need to get a better score? Do you think this score is good enough for Edinburgh? Edinburgh is my dream. I am applying to two schools requiring bmat and two requiring ukcat. I still havent quite decided on my other choice for the one requiring ukcat. Is kings or birmingham or nottingham better? And with my ukcat score, how much chance do I stand?
Well that was a ****ing disaster - 595. Don't know how but I somehow managed to run out of time on Decision Analysis, which was my best section in practice. Look's like it'll be a gap year for me then.
Reply 211
Original post by Vulpes

do u think i have more chances of getting in queens belfast than leeds or in leeds than queens belfast?
Original post by joytotheworld
Hi just did my ukcat today. Got VR:710, QR:700, AR:610, DA:810 which is an average of about 708. I was initially quite happy to get at least a 700 but seeing the poll results, it seems that above 700 is quite common so now feeling a bit sad. Sighpie I felt that I could have done better for AR coz I didnt manage to complete it. I left about 20 questions blank which I could have at least gotten some marks if I left some time to just guess them. As an international student, I feel my chances are lower so I probably need to get a better score? Do you think this score is good enough for Edinburgh? Edinburgh is my dream. I am applying to two schools requiring bmat and two requiring ukcat. I still havent quite decided on my other choice for the one requiring ukcat. Is kings or birmingham or nottingham better? And with my ukcat score, how much chance do I stand?

Joytotheworld,
first off 708 is not low, that would never be a stumbling block for the graduate courses and would be well above published cut-offs for 5-year courses. I'm not aware (but i may be corrected on this) of any course that would not consider you because of that score. You should be proud of any 700+ score.
Bear in mind that there is alot of bias in the poll, people who get low scores are not going to post them for all to see!

I'm applying for graduate entry so probably not the best to advise on course choices
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Leavemyarcelona
Well that was a ****ing disaster - 595. Don't know how but I somehow managed to run out of time on Decision Analysis, which was my best section in practice. Look's like it'll be a gap year for me then.

Try going for a non-UKCAT university like Liverpool?
Leeds don't place much emphasis on UKCAT either.
A bad UKCAT score isn't the end of the world, you still have plenty of options!
hey guys just did my uckat today and got 625 average :frown: i am a re-sit applicant, currently on my gap year and re-taking some units. i was just wondering which of these unis it would be best to apply to... (BSMS, UEA, Keele, Lancaster, Southampton, Belfast,Peninsula.) thank you
Reply 215
Did mine today

VR: 750
QR: 740
AR: 750
DA: 800

Average: 760

Glad that's over!
Reply 216
Original post by taken4granted
hey guys just did my uckat today and got 625 average :frown: i am a re-sit applicant, currently on my gap year and re-taking some units. i was just wondering which of these unis it would be best to apply to... (BSMS, UEA, Keele, Lancaster, Southampton, Belfast,Peninsula.) thank you

avoid peninsula as their cut off was 642.5 last year and will just most likely go up tbh. Only apply to southampton if your resitting one a level as thats all they consider. Keele only accept resit students who have achieved their results after resitting meaning if you resat this year, you could apply next year. UEA want an A* in any resat subject so thats totally up to you. Lancaster and Liverpool do consider resit students if they meet the gcse point system, although on the website they specify they want a minimum 15 points out of 18, rumour has it the cut off was 17 last year in terms of applicants. BSMS, no idea how they rate you. Im not even sure if Belfast do. Best of luck, hope I could help.
Original post by HeldAtNeedlepoint.
Try going for a non-UKCAT university like Liverpool?
Leeds don't place much emphasis on UKCAT either.
A bad UKCAT score isn't the end of the world, you still have plenty of options!

Not an option I'm afraid. I've been to university previously, so no tuition fee loan, meaning that I have to pay my fees with the student loan, meaning that I can't move away. I appreciate the advice though.
Hey guys, sorry to be a bother but do you think a UKCAT average of 687.5 will be good enough for King's? :smile:
Original post by Ashfaaace

Original post by Ashfaaace
Hey guys, sorry to be a bother but do you think a UKCAT average of 687.5 will be good enough for King's? :smile:

No

Latest

Trending

Trending