Scroll to see replies

VR: 590
QR: 720
AR: 820
DA: 670

Average: 700

Quite pleased.
Original post by cobra2k10
i improved my average but not happy as i though i would so alot bettwe. ****ing hate VR!!!

Were your other sections ok?
Original post by Tzarchasm
VR: 590
QR: 720
AR: 820
DA: 670

Average: 700

Quite pleased.

how did u find the abstract reasoning when compared to the mocks ?? also for DA would u recommend writing the codes down before working them out ??
I'm at a loss for words, I did over a month of prep for this exam and my average was 540 :frown: I'm also a resit applicant - talk about undesirable. Any advice?
Original post by adsyrah
Get you!

That QR score is flipping brilliant. You must be chuffed :biggrin:

Certainly- if only I had got the AR sorted to get a top percentile score instead of around 10pc of the way down...
Original post by happy_rabbit
Were your other sections ok?

i improved on all my sections and even the VR, but with QR i went slighly down. I think it was becasue of the new on-screen calculator. still pissed off!!! i did rubbish :mad:
Original post by the_alybot
I'm at a loss for words, I did over a month of prep for this exam and my average was 540 :frown: I'm also a resit applicant - talk about undesirable. Any advice?

im in the same boat as you??? PM me for advice
Original post by ScheduleII
VR 800
QR 900
AR 580
DA 700

AVERAGE 745

Only beef is being made to do a test in a room with listening devices and a camera over my head and show my passport 4 times. When I went to Israel, the world's biggest terror target, I only had to show a passport twice and walk through an airport without an audio recorder! Is cheating on a UKCAT worse than blowing things up?

ok mate you got 900 on QR. i got 600.
what sort of questions came up and how did it compare to the 600q book.
MY qr was ecaxtly the same as Practice test 2 on the ukcat website.
how would you compare yours.

i was fortunate to get 600 as i gusssed half of them with the answer D.
couldnt really do all the questions as there where so many steps involved.
i actually worked really hard for this test aswell

oh well i shouldnt really moan
Reply 148
Got 675 today.

VR - 550
QR - 690
AR - 770
DA - 690
Average - 675

2 A*, 4 As, 2 Bs and a D in GCSE
3A's and a C in AS - predicted probs all As.

Any suggestions on my choices?
I was thinking:
Kings (6 yr)
Barts
St georges

Think I should change my choices, and also what uni should I choose for my 4th?

- Is it me or is everyone doing worse in VR?
hey guys has anyone got any tips on how i should approach the abstract reasoning ??? should i spend 30 seconds looking for a relationship before quickly deciding where each shapes goes ??
Reply 150
Original post by pinkprincess123
heyy :biggrin: i did alright, i got 640 average but it's not exactly a great score :/
individually, i got:
VR 630
QR 640
AR 540
DA 760

which is odd cause i prepared the most for AR :/ hmm confused whether or not to apply to king's now

Hey you. I phoned Kings - they said you need top 25% for the grad course and that is usually average of 650 + or more realistically 675 + but no cut off for 5 year course. xx
Reply 151
Where do I enter my UKCAT result on the UCAS form if I'm on a gap year? :smile:
Original post by Radekal
Where do I enter my UKCAT result on the UCAS form if I'm on a gap year? :smile:

Remember they are automatically sent.

BUT like me if you want to just add it onto UCAS you:

Go onto education, then add qualifications, then add other qualifications, then you will see a tab in A for admission tests click this. Then the drop down bar should reveal UKCAT. I put the modules down 4 of them for each section and where you put result for everything the overall score not average.

Hope that helps!
Reply 153
Original post by NinjaRikki
Remember they are automatically sent.

BUT like me if you want to just add it onto UCAS you:

Go onto education, then add qualifications, then add other qualifications, then you will see a tab in A for admission tests click this. Then the drop down bar should reveal UKCAT. I put the modules down 4 of them for each section and where you put result for everything the overall score not average.

Hope that helps!

Yey! And I put it in the college that I just left, right? The same one I got my A-levels from?
Original post by taken4granted
hey guys has anyone got any tips on how i should approach the abstract reasoning ??? should i spend 30 seconds looking for a relationship before quickly deciding where each shapes goes ??

yes that seems like a good plan..i was really stupid in that i spent too long trying to work out relationships for the first few questions in AR and then ended up having to guess more than half so i got 540 in that section

PLEASE DON'T DO WHAT I DID

just attempt to find a relationship for 30-40 seconds, if you can't find it, make sensible guesses and move on...if you really have no clue as to what to put then choose 'can't tell'
:smile: just don't spend too long on any question is my top tip :smile:

good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Radekal
Yey! And I put it in the college that I just left, right? The same one I got my A-levels from?

Yes thats what I did :biggrin:
Original post by taken4granted
how did u find the abstract reasoning when compared to the mocks ?? also for DA would u recommend writing the codes down before working them out ??

VR: The text does tend to be a little longer, however, it honestly does range from short-long. Even though I didn't score too well in this section, I think you should be fine if you are able to effectively speed read. In addition, do pay attention to the wording within the question itself!

QR: I honestly have no idea how I achieved a decent score. I suppose preparation is very important with regards to basic maths! Know your percentages, pie charts (and do learn how to work out angle and the reverse), charts, speed x time = distance, surface area and ratios! Time is tight so don't expect to answer all of the questions. However, remember to leave some time in the end to go over the questions you couldn't do (in order to guess).

AR: The relationships within the real exam are so much easier to identify. I had two minutes remaining and achieved a decent score. It is, however, important that you at least know what you need to look for. The most common relationship has to be number of objects/number of sides! Obviously, you will have to go through the criteria of size/type, number of sides/objects, symmetry, angle, colour, intersections, direction and positioning. It isn't that difficult as you'll notice the relationship almost immediately and you'll immediately cross out potential points from the criteria list.

DA: Once again, the codes range from short to long. Very similar to the practice exams, however, you should train the speed at which you write and pay close attention to the translation, then you should be able to answer them well. Remember, the less extrapolation an answer needs, the more likely it is the correct answer. And if an answer has newly introduced concepts then it's likely that it's not the answer; this might not be the case for all so do pay attention to the coded translation!
Reply 157
What sort of work experience has everyone got here for their application? Just wondering if I have enough etc.
Reply 158
Original post by LexxieK
What sort of work experience has everyone got here for their application? Just wondering if I have enough etc.

well what have you got?
Reply 159
Original post by pan_93
well what have you got?

* 1 week in Obstetrics & Gynae
* 6-month weekend placement in a cardiology ward
* 2 days in neurophisiology
* 2 days in gynae surgery
* 1 week in oncology at a cancer hospice
* shadowing medics at an orphanage in Vietnam
* a member of St John Ambulance treating the public as an advanced first aider
* a community first responder with south central ambulance service, responding independently to emergency calls - treating people in cardiac arrest etc
* work full time in biotechnology PR writing for scientific publications

????

Not managed to get a placement at a GP surgery yet which I really want to do.

Latest

Trending

Trending