Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinK)
    Two weeks ago I applied for Msc in Management Science (Opeerational Research), still waiting for my second referee to submit his reference letter.

Pretty nervous already....even though I know that I still have to wait for several weeks/months!

Good luck to everyone!
    I have applied for the same course. did you apply anywhere else? I applied before two weeks as well.

Where and what do you study at the moment?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That is great! I have not applied to any other university yet. However, I am considering Imperial, Cass and Cambridge.

Currently, I am about to finish my Ph.D. in Computer Science from one of the top universities in Slovakia. In 2010 I have attended LSE Summer School. One of the courses was oriented in Decision Science; through it I got to know about Operational Research.

After finishing this degree I would like to move to consultancy; therefore, I consider it as a good match with my background. Moreover, I like it better than MBA which is more or less about general management.

What about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbypin)
    I think they update trackers on Fridays, so we might hear from them tomorrow...
    everyday I check this forum, and everyday I check my tracker. Also, I almost had a heart attack last week when I received a random information email from LSE. Psycho me? :eek:I am sure we are all the same. I really hope that some of us will have an answer before Xmas
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Both my reference letters were submitted; let's the waiting begin! !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinK)
    That is great! I have not applied to any other university yet. However, I am considering Imperial, Cass and Cambridge.

Currently, I am about to finish my Ph.D. in Computer Science from one of the top universities in Slovakia. In 2010 I have attended LSE Summer School. One of the courses was oriented in Decision Science; through it I got to know about Operational Research.

After finishing this degree I would like to move to consultancy; therefore, I consider it as a good match with my background. Moreover, I like it better than MBA which is more or less about general management.

What about you?
    I am in the third year of my studies and I am doing my bsc in management. Let's wait ..!!
    good luck ..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    good luck to you as well!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just got rejected for Msc Management and Strategy. I saw it on the online tracker. Didn't got the email yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Requiem87)
    Just got rejected for Msc Management and Strategy. I saw it on the online tracker. Didn't got the email yet.
    when did you apply?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zziippoo)
    when did you apply?
    All the documents were received on 2/12.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All the documents were received on 2/12.
    what is your plan b? have you applied for two different courses?

can i ask you smthg? where do you study and what?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Crap. does that mean offer week has started? I guess monday will the D day for some of us. Best of luck everyone!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh just give us our replies..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    what is your plan b? have you applied for two different courses?

can i ask you smthg? where do you study and what?
    I have graduated from a very good university in Greece in "Economics and Social studies" with 7,5/10.
    Gmat: 600
    Toefl: 106
    And i had a year long internship on a construction company in a managerial position.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    strange that they kicked you out that quickly. i mean this sounds very decent and you had just applied two weeks ago
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I think they are very fast at the rejecting. I applied for my programme last year and got rejected in a week. So I retook my GMAT and applied again this year. 4 weeks so far and still under consideration.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have graduated from a very good university in Greece in "Economics and Social studies" with 7,5/10.
    And i had a year long internship on a construction company in a managerial position.
    ask to review again your application form. is that possible?
    what about your references? or your personal st? are they good?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Your GMAT could be the reason, it is on the lower side and I know that they prefer like a 700 at least.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ask to review again your application form. is that possible?
    what about your references? or your personal st? are they good?
    My references (all three of them) were more than good as far as i can tell. As for my personal statement i think it was a decent one.
    I have a second choice (Management and Human Resources) but i am not optimistic for that as well. Given that (according to their website) in both programs the total number of applications last year was 712 and in Management and Strategy they offered 70+ places and in Management and H.R. just 40... i think i don't stand a chance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    damn. even I applied to MSc Management and Strategy. this is scary stuff. Though i just sent my application in a couple of days back.. so i guess I won't be hearing from them until January. best of luck everyone!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FinLuv)
    Your GMAT could be the reason, it is on the lower side and I know that they prefer like a 700 at least.
    Before i apply that was my initial thought. Of course i knew people that got into that program with a gmat of 570+ so i thought i should try at least.

Best of luck to everyone!!!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 13, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Postgraduate Education Guide

Quick Link:

Unanswered Postgraduate Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.