The Student Room Group

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
You can laugh but I am already getting impatient.... and I am only waiting for my 4th email! :eek::eek:
I can't wait to can read last year topic and saw the grades of everybody I am really worried.
I calculated again I am on 69% so far.
But got quite a lot of modules at 68 so B and some at 60
Anyway will see! As a mature student I won't reapply next year.
I have a deal with myself that I would stop studying at 30 so..... I must get in!!!
Reply 81
I sent my application on Monday for the Msc Accounting & Finance (1st choice) and Mfin as a second choice (quite weird indeed since this one is harder to get !). Waiting for the next emails now...
Reply 82
Original post by Akutsu
I sent my application on Monday for the Msc Accounting & Finance (1st choice) and Mfin as a second choice (quite weird indeed since this one is harder to get !). Waiting for the next emails now...

Best Of luck :smile:
Reply 83
Msc Fin & Eco.

Undergraduate in Econ. I had to give it a shot!
Reply 84
LSE for you has been down and won't be up again until the 28th. do u think they're updating decisions?
I hope they are updating the decision page!

I am so anxious to find out. Applied in mid November to the MPA program. Anyone applying to the program this year? Although I know my application has just been processed etc, I can't help to check the decision status on LSE for You everyday.

Wonder whether I will receive a decision before x-mas break..!:rolleyes:
Reply 86
Now the system works. However, I am not able to get in my tracker...!
Reply 87
Just applied for MSc Anthropology and Development / MSc Anthropology and Development Management.

This is a small programme with a limited number of accepted students. Really nervous!
No one applying for MPA? I am surprised!
Reply 89
Just got into SOAS... Now it is just you, LSE.

Game on!
Reply 90
Original post by bhob
Just got into SOAS... Now it is just you, LSE.

Game on!

I'm thinking of applying to the MSc Development Studies programme at SOAS within the next week. Did you apply for that as well?

If you don't me asking, what is your educational background?

And congratulations on your offer! :smile:
Reply 91
I was accepted to the MSc Fin and Dev. programme with Development Studies as my second choice.

My background is Honours BComm Finance at a Canadian University.
Reply 92
Hello folks,

Just about to send my application for Philosophy of Science. Any philosophers out there?!
@bhob: Congratulations on your admission!

Was wondering if you can share with us whether you took GMAT/GRE to apply for that faculty or you based your application just on GPA?
Reply 94
Anyone applying Applicable Mathematics ?
Reply 95
Original post by flying_ramen
@bhob: Congratulations on your admission!

Was wondering if you can share with us whether you took GMAT/GRE to apply for that faculty or you based your application just on GPA?

Thank you!

No, I did not take the GRE/GMAT. The decision was based solely on GPA/References/CV/PS.

I think the only time where it may be beneficial to do GRE is for Social Science programmes where you may just barely (or not quite) meet the minimum requirements and need to display in a different way your quant/qual reasoning skills. For GMAT it is the same but for more mathematical programmes and business.
Anyone applied to the MSc Finance (FT) programme?
Reply 97
What's all the talk about getting first, second, third, fourth letters about?!
Reply 98
General question: Is there a better chance of getting a response faster if the department we applied to receives a limited number of applications (and/or states that "places fill up quickly")?

MSc Anthroplogy and Development only received 111 applications last year for 13 spots. My application just got processed today, and there's 3.5 weeks before the holiday closure. Should I expect to hear from LSE before the holidays?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 99
I don't think so...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending