The Student Room Group

LSE postgrad applicants 2012-13

Hi guys! So the online forms open up on monday and I just thought it'd be nice getting to know who all out there are applying this year. Any MSc Finance and Private Equity takers out there?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will be applying for Msc Public Policy and Administration if there's anyone else out there haha
Reply 2
I yhought we could all share our profiles as well, here goes mine:

B.A in Economics and Statistics (top 5 college in India, well known abroad)
GRE: 790 quant, 690 verbal (1480/1600)
Minor- Mathematics
Final year %- 70% (First class, 86% overall in Statistics)
Internship: HSBC (2 months), summer analyst
Hobbies: playing piano, participated at the Con Brio All India Piano Competition 2010
Awarded Honors degree in Economics: Grade- A
Reply 3
ssly no one's applying this year? :\
Reply 4
Hi, I'm planning to apply for Msc. Management Science (Operational research).

My background is:
Msc in Computer Science (82%) from one of the top universities in Slovakia.

This year I'm in the final year of my PhD in Computer Science with average grade at 94%.

I've always wanted to do an MBA but I do not have enough years of experience. I worked only for the last half year as a System Engineer for ATT.

However, I consider this degree much more interesting, with focus on what I would like to do in the future. Especially after I attended LSE's Summer School in 2010 and was introduced to Decision Science/Operation Research.

I haven't started my application process yet, but I would like to do so in November, after my GMAT examination.
Reply 5
Original post by MartinK
Hi, I'm planning to apply for Msc. Management Science (Operational research).

My background is:
Msc in Computer Science (82%) from one of the top universities in Slovakia.

This year I'm in the final year of my PhD in Computer Science with average grade at 94%.

I've always wanted to do an MBA but I do not have enough years of experience. I worked only for the last half year as a System Engineer for ATT.

However, I consider this degree much more interesting, with focus on what I would like to do in the future. Especially after I attended LSE's Summer School in 2010 and was introduced to Decision Science/Operation Research.

I haven't started my application process yet, but I would like to do so in November, after my GMAT examination.

wow! that is a pretty insane profile! ^_^
Reply 6
Hey all!

I applied for MSc International Relations and MSc Global Politics on the 10th, as a non-UK student I was actually not familiar with rolling admissions.

By the way, anyone received their 3rd e-mail already? the one stating that LSE downloaded your application.

hope to hear for which studies you are all applying and hopefully finding some other International relations or global politics applicants!
Reply 7
I'm planning on applying for MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics (L1UB) and MSc Economics (L1U1). :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Barry99
Hey all!

I applied for MSc International Relations and MSc Global Politics on the 10th, as a non-UK student I was actually not familiar with rolling admissions.

By the way, anyone received their 3rd e-mail already? the one stating that LSE downloaded your application.

hope to hear for which studies you are all applying and hopefully finding some other International relations or global politics applicants!

I applied for the MSc Global Politics and MSc Comparative Politics (states and markets) on the 17th (still waiting for one of my referees to upload the recommendation).

I received the second and third e-mails at the same time, right after I submitted my application on the 17th
Reply 9
Original post by Diplomat28
I applied for the MSc Global Politics and MSc Comparative Politics (states and markets) on the 17th (still waiting for one of my referees to upload the recommendation).

I received the second and third e-mails at the same time, right after I submitted my application on the 17th

Hmm strange, i applied on the 10th and have not gotten the third mail yet... although all my files are uploaded digitally and both my referees uploaded the letters of recommendation.

think i will call them on monday to ask them whether this is normal, am rather surprised you got it already, meaning that they should have downloaded my application by now as well i would say.
Reply 10
Yeah I got my 2nd and 3rd emails at the same time as well... do give them a call, they're pretty prompt when it comes to a query. Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 11
Has anyone recieved the fourth email yet confirming processing? Its been ten days and no news :frown:
Reply 12
No, and I applied on the 11th.... But, it says they are still processing applications sent on the 10th.

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/news/currentProcessing.aspx
Reply 13
Any MSc Development Studies, MSc Development Management people?
Reply 14
Original post by bhob
No, and I applied on the 11th.... But, it says they are still processing applications sent on the 10th.

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/news/currentProcessing.aspx

Yeah I applied on the same day as well... should we write to the admission team or something?
Reply 15
Original post by FinLuv
Yeah I applied on the same day as well... should we write to the admission team or something?

I just received word from LSE today... finally :smile:

apparently they DID work on my application and i received this mail today as an unofficial acknowledgement that the admission is processed. They told me that the official mail would arrive at the start of November, when they send the applications to the selectors. The official mail will contain your LSE for you log in details and up to date status of your application.

They could not mail official acknowledgements earlier "due to technical issues beyond their control".

hope this helps you all!
Reply 16
Original post by Barry99
I just received word from LSE today... finally :smile:

apparently they DID work on my application and i received this mail today as an unofficial acknowledgement that the admission is processed. They told me that the official mail would arrive at the start of November, when they send the applications to the selectors. The official mail will contain your LSE for you log in details and up to date status of your application.

They could not mail official acknowledgements earlier "due to technical issues beyond their control".

hope this helps you all!

Yeah i got the same. Although I was expecting my decision by November considering I applied the next day itself when the forms came out! *face palm*
Reply 17
Hello everyone,

I don't mean to be another person asking, but I'm curious as to whether I have a shot at the LSE MPA (Int Dev as 1st choice). I graduated a couple years ago from a top public school in the US with a BA in International Development Studies degree with a 3.92 GPA, magna cum laude honors. Since then, I've been living in Argentina - most of my time has been spent teaching English and working as a research analyst. In the last few months I've been interning for a NGO that does microfinance and community development, back on track. I also have other internship/volunteer experience as a student with NGOs. My GRE scores are decent but not impressive (V: 590, Q:730, A:5.0). I also speak fluent Spanish and a touch of Portuguese if that helps any.

The MPA sounds absolutely ideal as I want to gets a masters that is both practical, interesting and relevant to my studies/experience - should I go for it or just apply to a MSc (which wouldn't be able to fit all of my interests nearly as well). Thanks!
Reply 18
Original post by smirrah
Hello everyone,

I don't mean to be another person asking, but I'm curious as to whether I have a shot at the LSE MPA (Int Dev as 1st choice). I graduated a couple years ago from a top public school in the US with a BA in International Development Studies degree with a 3.92 GPA, magna cum laude honors. Since then, I've been living in Argentina - most of my time has been spent teaching English and working as a research analyst. In the last few months I've been interning for a NGO that does microfinance and community development, back on track. I also have other internship/volunteer experience as a student with NGOs. My GRE scores are decent but not impressive (V: 590, Q:730, A:5.0). I also speak fluent Spanish and a touch of Portuguese if that helps any.

The MPA sounds absolutely ideal as I want to gets a masters that is both practical, interesting and relevant to my studies/experience - should I go for it or just apply to a MSc (which wouldn't be able to fit all of my interests nearly as well). Thanks!

I think your profile is rather impressive and on the GRE I don't think the MPA really asks for it. other than that you're good to go, give it a shot :smile:
Reply 19
Are any Americans going to submit GRE scores?

Is it worth it even if the program doesn't ask for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending