The Student Room Group

Help needed in downloading a program

Hi,

Basically, I need to download a bioinformatics program called 'Clustalx2' and I cant find it anywhere, can anyone please provide me a free link? and which is also virus/trojan free!

Thanks

Why the hell did I get negged for this ? Why are people so stupid on here ? and thirdly I dont care about my rep so piss off
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Gamewizard
Hi,

Basically, I need to download a bioinformatics program called 'Clustalx2' and I cant find it anywhere, can anyone please provide me a free link? and which is also virus/trojan free!

Thanks

Erm, the first result on google for clustalx appears to be the official website where the downloads are offered for free...

What exactly is the issue?
Reply 2
if you're unsure download Sandboxie. it's a way of downloading programs (as well as browsing and pretty much everything else) immediately to quarantine (technically) so if there are any issues i.e a trojan detected, it only affects things within Sandboxie and can be deleted without it having any affect on your hard drive. you can use programmes as normal within sandboxie too, it doesn't affect performance.
safety first :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Gamewizard
Hi,

Thanks

I assume you're on Windows, here: http://www.clustal.org/download/current/clustalx-2.1-win.msi
Reply 4
I was downloading them from the wrong websites, that was the problem, it wouldnt install on my laptop.

Got there at the end, thanks anyways

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending