The Student Room Group

John Lewis Graduate Scheme 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saxlover_91
Don't worry, it took them weeks to get back to me after I sent mine off, hang in there and stay positive. They literally will just have thousands to get through.
Good Luck!

Thanks! Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Original post by Tensa_Zangetsu
Hey!

I've just checked the review status bit and it says

"Applicant Status: Personal Qualities completed
Thank you for completing the Personal Quality questions."

So nothing about being on hold. Hmm.

Yup, I have the same thing. I guess this means that they haven't gone through it or something like that?
Original post by TenerifeRockstar
Yup, I have the same thing. I guess this means that they haven't gone through it or something like that?

Yeah, I think so. Clearly saving the best till last!:biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by saxlover_91
Don't worry, it took them weeks to get back to me after I sent mine off, hang in there and stay positive. They literally will just have thousands to get through.
Good Luck!

Hi!

I am applying for the buying graduate positions. I've done the initial two stages and have now been asked to take the 'talent screener'. Does anyone know what the talent screener is? Is it a numerical reasoning test?

Any wise words would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Reply 24
hi
i applied for the retail management scheme, got a message saying

Applicant Status
Values Tool Completed
Thank you for completing the Values Tool Test. We will advise you on the status of your application shortly.

is this different from personal qualities? how long does it usually take to process? fingers crossed!

thanks
Original post by beth_

Original post by beth_
hi
i applied for the retail management scheme, got a message saying

Applicant Status
Values Tool Completed
Thank you for completing the Values Tool Test. We will advise you on the status of your application shortly.

is this different from personal qualities? how long does it usually take to process? fingers crossed!

thanks

Hey,

You'll find out soon if you've passed the values tool bit (should only take a few days for them to get back to you on that), then if you have passed you'll get a link to the personal qualities section.

Once you've completed the personal qualities bit I imagine it will take them a while to get back to you (maybe a few weeks) as they will have thousands to get through. Then once they've had chance to mark it they'll either say you've been put on hold til the closing date or you'll get a rejection.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 26
Applicant Status
: Application on hold

Your application has been put on hold. You will have received an e-mail detailing this.

So still on hold. Deadline for applications is 15th November so I guess we will know within the next 2/3ish weeks!
My application's on hold too!

Hopefully not too long 'til we hear now, starting to get nervous!
Reply 28
Please could someone tell me what the Value Tools part of the application involves? I have done the initial application from and now need to complete the Value Tools bit. After this has been marked, is the next part the personal qualities test and then you wait to hear if you are through to the assessment centre? I know the deadline is the 15th so havent got long left till it all needs to be done. After the value tools bit does the personal qualities section need to be done by the 15th november too? Thanks!
If I remember correctly (I've done so many applications), the value tools is more of a "If you are in x situation with a client/work colleague/supervisor, etc, what would you do" and give you 3 or 4 options. The personal qualities is "describe a situation when..." type of thing (something good, something bad, why do you want to work for us, etc.)

Good luck!
Reply 30
Thank you! Just completed it - wasnt too bad! So im now waiting to hear back to get the link for the personal qualities test. Do you know if this personal qualities thing also needs to be completed by the 15th Nov? Can you start the test to get the questions and then come away to plan your answers before submitting it? Thanks for the help!
Reply 31
I have just been sent a link for personal qualities... I was given 14 days to complete it by. I don't know if I have to complete it at one sitting. Any info anyone?

I was lkind of hoping it was a multiple choice thing. Graduate applications are soooo much work.....and assignment deadlines at uni are'nt helping either!

Good luck all.
You don't have to complete personal qualities there and then, you can keep saving and coming back to it until the deadline they've given you for it. Best thing to do is plan your answers on a word doc though so you can spell check and ensure you're under the 200 word limit for each question.
Reply 33
So does anyone know an estimate for the ratio of people who apply vs people who get to assessment center vs people who actually get on the scheme? Thanks!
Reply 34
Does this value tools test take long and do you have to do it in one sitting?
Took me long enough to fill out the initial application form and now i'm stressing!
Thanks!
xx
Hi everyone,

I applied for the Finance scheme. The final 2 questions do not have a word limit beside them, but when I try to upload my answer a prompt comes up saying I have exceeded the word limit for the question (200 words). I don't know what the other schemes are like, but did anybody else have this issue?
Reply 36
Original post by Who'd_Have_Known
Hi everyone,

I applied for the Finance scheme. The final 2 questions do not have a word limit beside them, but when I try to upload my answer a prompt comes up saying I have exceeded the word limit for the question (200 words). I don't know what the other schemes are like, but did anybody else have this issue?

I noticed that too when I completed mine yesterday. Seems like a typo on their part, so probably should be 200 words limit
I just received a rejection email :frown:

"Thank you for your recent application to join the 2012 John Lewis Retail Management Graduate Scheme .

We have now had an opportunity to consider the details you supplied on your application and we have received other applications which more suitably match the requirements of the role. Therefore we will not be progressing your application.

We very much appreciate the interest you have shown in joining John Lewis and for the time and trouble you have taken in making your application. "

Good luck everyone! :smile:
Deadline's at midnight tonight or tomorrow. Applied last night for JL and Waitrose. Got rejected by the latter already. :frown:
Reply 39
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
I just received a rejection email :frown:

"Thank you for your recent application to join the 2012 John Lewis Retail Management Graduate Scheme .

We have now had an opportunity to consider the details you supplied on your application and we have received other applications which more suitably match the requirements of the role. Therefore we will not be progressing your application.

We very much appreciate the interest you have shown in joining John Lewis and for the time and trouble you have taken in making your application. "

Good luck everyone! :smile:

Sorry to hear that

After what stage did you get rejected?

Quick Reply

Latest