The Student Room Group

John Lewis Graduate Scheme 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi I have a 'Talent screener test' what does this involve? a numerical and verbal test? any help would be great :smile:

thanks in advance :smile:
Just got rejected as well. Good luck to the rest!
Im through to the stage of answering the questions - Im just a bit confused.

It said at the bottom of my previous email that I had 7 days to complete the next stage before they withdraw my application... So is the deadline tonight for general application or full completed applications? I would love if anyone had an answer to this ASAP!
Original post by bethan-elena

It said at the bottom of my previous email that I had 7 days to complete the next stage before they withdraw my application... So is the deadline tonight for general application or full completed applications? I would love if anyone had an answer to this ASAP!

You mean you're answering situational judgement test? If so, you have to finish it by the deadline.
Reply 44

I did this yesterday, it took 10minutes... Im doing the next one after that (talent screen?) dont know what that consists of though :
Reply 45
Original post by TenerifeRockstar
Just got rejected as well. Good luck to the rest!

At which stage?
Original post by robot1000
Sorry to hear that

After what stage did you get rejected?

*sighs* I only did the initial online application. They took 3 weeks to respond to me.
Reply 47
Got an email from them this morning

We would like to take your application to join our IT Graduate 2012 to the next stage.

I can only assume that I have successfully passed the first stage. I have to fill in a personal qualities questionnaire though.

Really hope I get this job.
Original post by slangman
Got an email from them this morning

I can only assume that I have successfully passed the first stage. I have to fill in a personal qualities questionnaire though.

Really hope I get this job.

Congrats :biggrin:
Reply 49
Original post by RabbitCFH
Congrats :biggrin:

Thank you. :biggrin:

Hope I don't muck up the rest of the upcoming application though. Still I have 14 days. :smile:
Can anyone give info on what the 'talent screener' consists of, is it a questionnaire to see how you would fit in the job, with role specific questions?

Also, are there verbal/numerical reasoning tests?

Thanks.
Reply 51
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
*sighs* I only did the initial online application. They took 3 weeks to respond to me.

Got rejected this morning after completing 'personal qualities section on Monday

Anyway got to move on and continue the tedious process of filling in more application forms
Re...wait for it...jected!
Has anyone found out if they've been invited for assessment or not yet?
I got an email saying this a couple of weeks ago.

"Thank you for your recent application to join the Finance Graduate 2012.

We would like to keep your application on hold for a short while until the closing date for graduate applications.

We only have a limited number of places available at assessment centre stage for this scheme and this enables us to ensure we are bringing the very best candidates through to the next stage.

Please know that you are still in the running for a place at assessment centre and should wait to hear from us. We will contact you no later than the end of November 2011 with an update on the status of your application."

Not heard anything since.
Yeah I got the same email for the retail management one, guess i'm just really impatient! :smile:
I applied for the Buying grad scheme and have just been rejected after doing the Q&A section, i.e. 'Tell us about a product you think is exceptional...when have you demonstrated leadership?' etc. Not sure what stage that is but I've done all the talent screeners and personality ones prior to that.

Am absolutely gutted as last year I got right through to Assessment Centre stage, and was one of the top scorers on the day (according to their feedback). They also prompted me to apply again this year because they thought I'd be a good candidate and narrowly missed out last year on final interviews.

I'm not at all a sore loser, however what's really disappointing is that their generic rejection email included guidelines for future success, such as:
- Reapply next year once you have some experience
- Try showing some voluntary week or charity work

It makes me feel like they haven't even bothered checking my answers thoroughly - I have 13 months full-time paid employment in a Buying office and have spent 4 month's volunteering in Ghana (just one example) which was all stated on that form!

It just feels like they haven't read it at all. How can I get further last year based on the same information...but at that time I only been working 3 months, now I've been working 13 months. I'm tempted to email and say that I have demonstrated the qualities they suggested I was lacking in. The thing is, I don't want to seem arrogant, or pushy, I just want to know for sure that they have checked those details.

Do you think I'm pushing it, or is it fair to ask them more about it?

Best of luck with all of your applications, if anyone has qu's about the Assessment Centre or prior stages I can try and help from my experience last year. :smile:
Reply 57
Sorry to hear about your rejection, I just got rejected for the Buying scheme too :frown:
I was pretty gutted as well because I think I have fulfilled all the "recommended" items for future applications - charity, experience, skills, interests etc.
I have worked in the John Lewis partnership for 5 years and have also had work experience in their Buying offices (along with other retailers) so I was annoyed to be rejected before assessment centre too!
They must have very high standards this year if your 13 months buying experience isnt enough either!
Would like to know who does get through to assessment centre for the buying scheme and what is needed - good luck to everyone still awaiting replies!
Wow, if you guys got rejected with all the experience you've had, no wonder I did as well. No work or volunteering experience whatsoever.
Original post by Steph66
Sorry to hear about your rejection, I just got rejected for the Buying scheme too :frown:
I was pretty gutted as well because I think I have fulfilled all the "recommended" items for future applications - charity, experience, skills, interests etc.
I have worked in the John Lewis partnership for 5 years and have also had work experience in their Buying offices (along with other retailers) so I was annoyed to be rejected before assessment centre too!
They must have very high standards this year if your 13 months buying experience isnt enough either!
Would like to know who does get through to assessment centre for the buying scheme and what is needed - good luck to everyone still awaiting replies!

Original post by RabbitCFH
Wow, if you guys got rejected with all the experience you've had, no wonder I did as well. No work or volunteering experience whatsoever.

Sorry to hear you were both rejected as well. I've just emailed them asking for feedback, went through each of their points and demonstrated how I had fulfilled that point! Keeno! They have already replied saying they'll provide feedback within 2 weeks so you may want to do that too to find out more.

I really don't know what they're looking for if they've rejected you guys too - especially working for JL for 5 years already! Ridiculous! Sometimes it just comes down to unique personalities I guess. I'm just disappointed because they really encouraged me to apply again after doing so well last year. False hope or what!

Best of luck with whatever you do, and make sure you email them for feedback! :smile:

EDIT: Disappointed I received a neg rep for this post, I was merely highlighting that it's difficult to understand exactly what they're looking for, and to share the 2 week feedback promise. Sorry if this was actually offensive to somebody...
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest