The Student Room Group

Can you die from being punched on the face?

Scroll to see replies

Yes, in theory you can...but you would have to be pretty unlucky!
If you want to kill somebody, their face would not be your target.
Reply 22
Only if it was a Falcon Punch.
Reply 23
This sounds like another thread made by the guy who was asking if he could punch a year 7 in the face. Way to go bro! You did it?! :P
Original post by Anonymous
I was watching channel 4 earlier. The guy said his son, died from being a nice person trying to stop a fight. He got punched in the face, had his head hit on the concrete floor, suffer severe head injuries and died.

Reason why I am asking, is that when I was 15, I was punched in the face 3 times by a kid in my year. I didn't go to hospital or suffer any injuries and was thinking if I had a lucky escape.

I seen bare knuckle fights, and fighters take a severe beating in the face and still stay alive.

Maybe there is more to the story then the guy on channel 4 mentioned? I have read loads of stories in the newspaper and on TV, how people died from getting hit the face.

Whats your opinion?

it was the hitting head on the floor that did the damage.

also bare knuckle boxing is actually safer than normal boxing, as the gloves enable the boxers to hit harder without destroying their hands. it's just the illusion of safety that means they wear gloves these days.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
I was watching channel 4 earlier. The guy said his son, died from being a nice person trying to stop a fight. He got punched in the face, had his head hit on the concrete floor, suffer severe head injuries and died.

Reason why I am asking, is that when I was 15, I was punched in the face 3 times by a kid in my year. I didn't go to hospital or suffer any injuries and was thinking if I had a lucky escape.

I seen bare knuckle fights, and fighters take a severe beating in the face and still stay alive.

Maybe there is more to the story then the guy on channel 4 mentioned? I have read loads of stories in the newspaper and on TV, how people died from getting hit the face.

Whats your opinion?

YES & NO, it depends,its like getting stabbed or shot :frown:
It was the concrete that probably killed him. It depends on the situation. A certain place where the head is banged hard, a certain way the neck is twisted before or after the punch could lead to death.
A 15 year old girl fell backwards while playing died because of head injury. So it can happen.
Reply 27
Original post by monkeyman2009
there is your answer.... Yes you can...

lol this ^^^
There are three jobs in the UK where you are leagally allowed to kill people, the police (providing you give reasonable backing), any role in the army (again, backing) and boxing!

if you hit a person in a bad part of the head with enough force, you cause too much unrepairable damage to them...so yeah you can die of a single punch or many :s
Reply 29
It seems like the majority of people in this thread think you can die from being punched once on the face.

How come, people don't die from bare knuckle fighting? Fighters takes dozens of head shots, yet manage to carry on fighting?
Yes. And it can only takes one punch. It usually makes the news though. I've heard of this happening at least twice.
Reply 31
It seems like the majority of people in this thread think you can die from being punched once on the face.

How come, people don't die from bare knuckle fighting? Fighters takes dozens of head shots, yet manage to carry on fighting?

Yes, you can die from being punched in the face, that doesn't mean every single punch landed to the face results in death. Just because it's not common doesn't mean it's impossible :rolleyes:
Reply 32
Given your evident abundance of intra-cranial padding, I shouldn't worry too much.
Reply 33
Original post by RabbitCFH
In 'The Last Boy Scout' Bruce Willis punched one guy in the face so hard that he died, so yes.

I've seen better documentaries.
Reply 34

Whats your opinion?

Put it this way if a random guy in the street ran up to you and punched you in the face full force the chances of you dying are verry very nlikely where as if u powerful well trained boxer ran up to you and hit you full force in a weak spot such as the temple then you should be worried.

We have to remember people dying in the ring are not as rare as we think. If one boxer can kill another boxer (whos trained to take punches) with heavily padded gloves on what could he do with someone like you.

Also bare knuckle fighters are not exactly athletes, theyre just some lunatics who want to fight and theyre not even necessarily good at it.

Safe to say the chances of someone being killed with one punch are exremely low yet possible.
Reply 36
if you're brain starts swelling and intercranial pressure goes up then it usually can be fatal.
Reply 37

They're matched for weight usually, a 10 stone person punching another 10 stone person is different from a massive 16 stone guy hitting someone who's 9 stone. It's not uncommon at all to die in a fight from hitting your head on something, a few years ago in a petrol station near my hometown some **** skipped the queue, a bloke kicked off about it, got knocked down hit his head on the counter and died.
That all depends on whether the assailant was Chuck Norris.
3 years ago you say? I'd guess that you've got roughly 257 days before your brain realises the epic impact of that final punch and you just drop dead in the middle of TK Maxx.

(For a more serious response, yes you can, but you probably won't)

Quick Reply

Latest