The Student Room Group

Laptop screen cracked on the inside

Does anybody know how much roughly it would cost to get it fixed? http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compaq-presario-cq57-356sa-15-6-laptop-11290993-pdt.html
it's a laptop very similar to this one.
Reply 1
Just get a new screen from laptopscreenonline.com and put it on yourself. I did, just watch the instructon video. If you don't have tools then order the ones the website sells.
Reply 2
About £48.59 and a pint of blood, sweat and tears
I was quoted €400 plus (laptop was worth €450 new) from PC shops and €200 from a company that collect if from your house and drop it back. I bought it online for €70 including p+p. My brother swapped the screens for me, but it's not difficult. You basically just need a very small screwdriver, rip off the casing and the fibre-optic cable and replace. There's youtube videos.
Reply 4
Yeah when it's 'cracked on the inside' you'll need to buy a new screen. I've fixed a few with this issue, and every time I have searched for a replacement screen on ebay, fitted it myself, and usually it's been between £50-90 for the screen.

It may be difficult depending on the laptop, in most cases it is relatively easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending