The Student Room Group

Kings EMDP 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Hanz_a93
Havnt heard anything yet aswell lol...ahh we just gotta be patient i guess :smile:

Thank god im not the only one, its really annoying trying to be this patient lol :smile:
Reply 41
I just got 3 identical notifications from the portal by e-mail. This is how I saw it:

KCL
This email is to notify you of a new message or decision regarding your application to the Extended Medical Degree Programme MBBS at King’s College London.

My heart was pounding like mad!
Reply 42
Original post by Medican
I just got 3 identical notifications from the portal by e-mail.

My heart was pounding like mad!

Oh my god lol my heart was going mad aswell i thought i got an interview but same as you, 3 same messages. Bit dissapointing but atleast it wasnt a rejection :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by medaholic
Oh my god lol my heart was going mad aswell i thought i got an interview but same as you, 3 same messages. Bit dissapointing but atleast it wasnt a rejection :biggrin:

Interview was definitely not the first thing that popped into my head. :biggrin:

This is way too early for EMDP.
Reply 44
I think its safe to say we all got trolled by kings, lol.
Guys, don't feed the trolls by posting your reactions to the email. It will only encourage them.
Reply 46
Original post by S_Azizi
I think its safe to say we all got trolled by kings, lol.

Original post by Tzarchasm
Guys, don't feed the trolls by posting your reactions to the email. It will only encourage them.

Hahaha. They're evil! :biggrin:
Reply 47
Lol yeah! I got three of the same emails just to inform me that my application is being considered! -_-
Reply 48
Hey guys. I thought i would just let you know, you will not get any interview requests or information on a decision until late January early February. It states on the website that they will be doing EMDP interviews in February. The only emails you will get (at present) from King's College is about the course or open days etc. They may ask you to send some information (ie. exam certificates) before even telling you if you got an interview or not.

Interviews done on two dates. You would get an email with one of two dates selected for you with a time. I can tell you more about that closer to Feb.

Concentrate on your January exams! They are more important at this stage! Your application has been sent, you will not hear anything till late Jan. You find out a week before the interview date.

Good Luck :smile:
Hi, I've applied to EMDP apparently interviews are during March.
If there are any previous applicants, how likely are my grades to get me in for an interview ?

7A*4A1B GCSE's
AAABB for AS
AAA predicted

UKCAT of 560...::s-smilie: I Hated that exam.. Will my chances be destroyed due to this lowly UKCAT?
Reply 50
Original post by Insane monkey
Hi, I've applied to EMDP apparently interviews are during March.
If there are any previous applicants, how likely are my grades to get me in for an interview ?

7A*4A1B GCSE's
AAABB for AS
AAA predicted

UKCAT of 560...::s-smilie: I Hated that exam.. Will my chances be destroyed due to this lowly UKCAT?

hmmm..maybe. But your academs could probably balance that out.
Reply 51
Does anyone know how Kings select for candidates? I know that if you meet the BCC requirements, you then are selected for interview via other things such as UKCAT and PS. But is UKCAT a large majority of the selection?
Reply 52
Original post by Tan Theta
Does anyone know how Kings select for candidates? I know that if you meet the BCC requirements, you then are selected for interview via other things such as UKCAT and PS. But is UKCAT a large majority of the selection?

They mainly use ukcat gcse's and as/alevels so the better they are the higher the chance you have of getting in.
Reply 53
Original post by Medican
They mainly use ukcat gcse's and as/alevels so the better they are the higher the chance you have of getting in.

Oh ok, thanks for that. Anyone got any ideas of how the MMI stations are? What sort of sections are there? I hear that they can ask you some pretty random stuff :s-smilie:.
Reply 54
Original post by Tan Theta
Oh ok, thanks for that. Anyone got any ideas of how the MMI stations are? What sort of sections are there? I hear that they can ask you some pretty random stuff :s-smilie:.

The Multiple Mini Interviews are arranged with about 5 stations each concentrating on a particular topic... eg. one would be your PS etc, another might be ethics etc. They change each year and yes you will find at least two random stations, lol.
Reply 55
this year's thread looks very quite. does that mean less plp applied to emdp. looking back at last year's thread, it was buzzing with discussion
Reply 56
Original post by Tausif
this year's thread looks very quite. does that mean less plp applied to emdp. looking back at last year's thread, it was buzzing with discussion

No it's just there's nothing to discuss really. We've got a bit of a wait ahead of us. :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by Mobs25
Hey guys. I thought i would just let you know, you will not get any interview requests or information on a decision until late January early February. It states on the website that they will be doing EMDP interviews in February. The only emails you will get (at present) from King's College is about the course or open days etc. They may ask you to send some information (ie. exam certificates) before even telling you if you got an interview or not.

Interviews done on two dates. You would get an email with one of two dates selected for you with a time. I can tell you more about that closer to Feb.

Concentrate on your January exams! They are more important at this stage! Your application has been sent, you will not hear anything till late Jan. You find out a week before the interview date.

Good Luck :smile:

Hey! ive applied for this with predicted grades ACC.. is that enough to be considered for interview? The minimum entry requirement is BBC ..:confused:
Reply 58
Original post by Honey:)
Hey! ive applied for this with predicted grades ACC.. is that enough to be considered for interview? The minimum entry requirement is BBC ..:confused:

the admission process for this programme is still a mystery. last year i can remember plp with very poor grades and ukcat score being interviewed. From what I have heard from other people, they put a lot of emphasise on PS particularly looking for WE and other extra curri. activities. With ACC i think you defo stand a chance. ultimately it's all down to PS. :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by Honey:)

Original post by Tausif
the admission process for this programme is still a mystery. last year i can remember plp with very poor grades and ukcat score being interviewed. From what I have heard from other people, they put a lot of emphasise on PS particularly looking for WE and other extra curri. activities. With ACC i think you defo stand a chance. ultimately it's all down to PS. :smile:

The entry requirements are minimum BBC. Like other med courses I'm afraid if you don't meet the minimum entry requirements then it's likely to be a rejection. :frown:

Tausif, from what I understand, EMDP selection is based heavily on Academics and UKCAT however I also believe this is relative to how well your school does. If you have OK/Good academics with a good/decent UKCAT but go to a crap school it's likely you'll get an interview. But if you have Rubbish/OK grades with an OK/Rubbish UKCAT and go to a good school (i.e. one where EMDP offers are AAA/AAB) then you'll probably get rejected.

I think for Kings, PS plays a small role.

Quick Reply

Latest