The Student Room Group

Kings EMDP 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Tausif
Hey Mobs25, last year I can remember the interview dates clearly stated in their webpage. Do you have any idea when they will be interviewing this year? :smile:

Not sure. Last year it was late feb i think? done over two days. I haven't heard anything yet. From what i've been hearing, they are still reading personal statements etc.

Original post by Tan Theta
Once your selected for interviews, are the offers only based on interviews? or do gcse/a levels/ ukcat still matter in whether you get an offer along with your interview?

Tausif answered you but i thought all add... They assess your full UCAS application and then if your successful, you get an interview. After you interview, your offer is based on your interview score (you wouldn't have got an interview if they were not happy with ur grades etc/ucas app). However, if you score low in your interview, they look at your whole application again and consider everything again before rejecting anyone.
Reply 81
Original post by Mobs25
Not sure. Last year it was late feb i think? done over two days. I haven't heard anything yet. From what i've been hearing, they are still reading personal statements etc.

Tausif answered you but i thought all add... They assess your full UCAS application and then if your successful, you get an interview. After you interview, your offer is based on your interview score (you wouldn't have got an interview if they were not happy with ur grades etc/ucas app). However, if you score low in your interview, they look at your whole application again and consider everything again before rejecting anyone.

this is an extract from myapplication website:

We aim to notify all interviewees, via myApplication, of our decision within one month of the final MMI. Some will hear earlier but at busy times interviewees may have to wait a little longer for a decision. Applicants are ranked at interview and those who perform particularly well are offered a place first, while those who perform less well, but still to a high standard, are placed on a waiting list. At the end of the interview period, all the applicants on the waiting list are compared, with all the elements of their applications being taken into consideration, before a final decision is made.
Reply 82
Anyone know when the admissions office open and when they start giving out interviews?
Reply 83
Anyone know when the admissions office open and when they start giving out interviews?

wow your gcse grades are quite impressive. You should have applied to A100. :wink:

anyhow, last year they had given out interview invitations during mid february period. As they state in their website (myapplication), they intend to interview during march (as in last year), hence it is likely that we may not hear from them until february :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by Tausif
wow your gcse grades are quite impressive. You should have applied to A100. :wink:

anyhow, last year they had given out interview invitations during mid february period. As they state in their website (myapplication), they intend to interview during march (as in last year), hence it is likely that we may not hear from them until february :smile:

Do you have a rough idea of how many people they interview and how many offers they give?
Reply 85
Do you have a rough idea of how many people they interview and how many offers they give?

before going into interview, we were all given info on how many people applied and how many gained interview. As far as I can remember, It was roughly about 450 people applied last year. Don't quote me on the figure though. It's been while since I had interview there. Error could be plus /minus 10-20 applicants. But i am absolutely sure it was in the region above 400.

What i can tell you will 100% acuracy is the number of applicants who gained interview. For last year it was 180.

In terms of offers, they have 50 places and they give out roughtly 60 offers.
Reply 86
Original post by Tausif
before going into interview, we were all given info on how many people applied and how many gained interview. As far as I can remember, It was roughly about 450 people applied last year. Don't quote me on the figure though. It's been while since I had interview there. Error could be plus /minus 10-20 applicants. But i am absolutely sure it was in the region above 400.

What i can tell you will 100% acuracy is the number of applicants who gained interview. For last year it was 180.

In terms of offers, they have 50 places and they give out roughtly 60 offers.

:O only 180 interviews, that sounds hard, thanks for the reply, you reckon I have a shot with a UKCAT of 695 and my gcse grades?
Reply 87
if you fail to get in 1st time round can you reapply next year???? When you say have your A2??? Anybody??
Reply 88
rejected.

gcses: 4a 4b 1c
as: abbb
predicted: a*aab
ukcat: 565

goodluck y'all
Reply 89
Original post by Hanz_a93
rejected.

gcses: 4a 4b 1c
as: abbb
predicted: a*aab
ukcat: 565

goodluck y'all

What??

I'm really sorry to hear that. :console: Did they give a reason? Was it on Myapp?
Reply 90
you should not expect to hear from us until after the New Year as to whether you have been selected to attend interview. Please do not worry if you do not hear from us before then; we are currrently in the process of screening all applications and as this takes some time, decisions cannot be made instantly.

Wow, Kings were true to their word.
Reply 91
04/01/2012

Reply from Kings

Thank you for your message.

Invitations for the EMDP programme will be sent out by the end of this week or early next week.

We had over 500 applicants and will interview over a 100 applicants.

Yours sincerely,
Claire Austin, Admission Officer, Medicine
Reply 92
Original post by Medican
Wow, Kings were true to their word.

last year they have given all offers and rejection including people who didn't get interview invitation after the entire interview process. this year it seems, they have change their procedure slightly. They have already started giving out rejection.
Reply 93
04/01/2012

Reply from Kings

Thank you for your message.

Invitations for the EMDP programme will be sent out by the end of this week or early next week.

We had over 500 applicants and will interview over a 100 applicants.

Yours sincerely,
Claire Austin, Admission Officer, Medicine

thanks for the info. can't give you any +rep atm
Reply 94
King's has this habit of updating anything on myapplication on exactly 19:30 hours. this is probably to save us from constantly checking their website
Reply 95
Original post by Tausif
last year they have given all offers and rejection including people who didn't get interview invitation after the entire interview process. this year it seems, they have change their procedure slightly. They have already started giving out rejection.

I applied last year and got a pre-interview rejection. I don't fancy my chances tbh seeing as my app has, give or take, stayed the same based on Kings selection process that is.
Reply 96
Original post by Medican
I applied last year and got a pre-interview rejection. I don't fancy my chances tbh seeing as my app has, give or take, stayed the same based on Kings selection process that is.

sorry to hear about last year:frown: you should be optimistic :smile:

talking of pre interview rejection, bout 10 plp applied from our college last year and they all received their decision after the interview so this is why I made the inference
Reply 97
Original post by Tausif
sorry to hear about last year:frown: you should be optimistic :smile:

talking of pre interview rejection, bout 10 plp applied from our college last year and they all received their decision after the interview so this is why I made the inference

do you know how the offer grades are based? are they based on how well your school does or based on your predicted grades?
Reply 98
rejected.

GCSE: 4a* 5a 1b
AS: abcc :frown: ...
A2 (predicted): abb
UKCAT: 600

absolutely gutted..
Reply 99
do you know how the offer grades are based? are they based on how well your school does or based on your predicted grades?

School.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending