The Student Room Group

Kings EMDP 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lizziginne
12th march at 10.40 :smile:

Good luck with it, my one is at 10 am plus we have to get there an hour earlier.
Reply 161
Original post by Lizziginne
Does anyone know if there is any relevance in what day and what time your interview is? Or is it entirely random? :smile:

Its completely random. The offers are now down to interview results. Good Luck to you all :smile:
Reply 162
REEEJECTION! (Michael Buffer voice)

I had 2A* and 9As, and achieved 4Bs at AS (Maths and Chem were 1 off an A -.-), 630 UK(kitty)CAT
My personal statement was very good according to current medical students and doctors.
They said I'd met all the entry requirements, but due to the increased competition, they rejected me. I'm not sure how true that is though
Reply 163
Original post by JDa5'11

I had 2A* and 9As, and achieved 4Bs at AS (Maths and Chem were 1 off an A -.-), 630 UK(kitty)CAT
My personal statement was very good according to current medical students and doctors.
They said I'd met all the entry requirements, but due to the increased competition, they rejected me. I'm not sure how true that is though

Sorry to hear that. :frown:

Word of advice, just because doctors are doctors doesn't mean they know ish about the current medicine application process. It's different now to what it was then. Trust me. I know this from personal experience.

Good luck with your app..
Reply 164
Original post by Medican

Original post by Medican

Word of advice, just because doctors are doctors doesn't mean they know ish about the current medicine application process. It's different now to what it was then. Trust me. I know this from personal experience.

I guess.
But there isn't much hope any more considering that the other daygrees I applied for are MUCH MUCH more competitive LOOOL
Reply 165
Original post by JDa5'11

Lol did he do the announcing in NBA Jam? (Showing my age now)

I can't understand why you were rejected, maybe the reference?
Reply 166
Original post by JDa5'11

Ring them up and find out what part of your application they were not happy with.
Reply 167
Original post by JDa5'11
I guess.
But there isn't much hope any more considering that the other daygrees I applied for are MUCH MUCH more competitive LOOOL

How do you know the other unis you applied for are much much more competitive?
Reply 168
Original post by Medican

He also said he got it checked by current medical students, with those kind of academic grades, I don't understand how his P.S could be THAT bad that he would be rejected because of it.
Reply 169
Original post by S_Azizi
He also said he got it checked by current medical students, with those kind of academic grades, I don't understand how his P.S could be THAT bad that he would be rejected because of it.

you also need to remember that they don't just simply look at the grades but also compare with the school's performence. so probably his school's average performence was better than his gcse grades. Kings also look at ukcat, ps and reference. If the applicant is weak in one of the factors, it doesn't mean he/she will be rejected straight away. applicants with poor ukcat will balance up with strong academics and vice versa. so essentially kings takes an holistic approach to selecting applicants.
Reply 170
Original post by Tausif

Original post by Tausif
you also need to remember that they don't just simply look at the grades but also compare with the school's performence. so probably his school's average performence was better than his gcse grades. Kings also look at ukcat, ps and reference. If the applicant is weak in one of the factors, it doesn't mean he/she will be rejected straight away. applicants with poor ukcat will balance up with strong academics and vice versa. so essentially kings takes an holistic approach to selecting applicants.

I go to a pretty poor A level grade averaging school in comparison to most state schools... Ah well, they've made their choice so it's all done now!
Reply 171
Original post by Saiyu

Original post by Saiyu
Lol did he do the announcing in NBA Jam? (Showing my age now)

I can't understand why you were rejected, maybe the reference?

I doubt it - I get along very well with my teachers
King's have made their judgement and I'm obviously not good enough
Reply 172
Original post by JDa5'11

Nah bro, don't let it put you down. I honestly think you should ring them up....I mean seriously, atleast get some feedback.
There MUST have been something they were not happy with to reject you, you might aswell find out what it is so you can work on it bro.
Original post by JDa5'11

That doesn't make any sense at all.
I have a friend who had much worse grades than you, a much lower UKCAT, granted a good P.S but you say you had one too, and he's got an interview!
So if it's not referee/PS/your school's performance it can't be anything else!
Reply 174
Original post by JDa5'11
I go to a pretty poor A level grade averaging school in comparison to most state schools... Ah well, they've made their choice so it's all done now!

they mainly look at your gcse grades compare to school performence
Reply 175
Original post by JDa5'11

Maybe the school wasn't on the list? I phoned once to check one of my colleges and someone said it wasn't valid but when I went there in person they told me it was. It can't be academics....
Reply 176
Original post by Saiyu
Maybe the school wasn't on the list? I phoned once to check one of my colleges and someone said it wasn't valid but when I went there in person they told me it was. It can't be academics....

Believe it or not it really is down to competition. Kings would also tell you if you were rejected on the bases of not being eligible but we already know in this case the person was rejected due to competition as stated in their myapp.

There's nothing more to do now anyway so there's no point in trying to look for reasons as to why you were rejected if you truly believe your application was that good. Let this humble you and just move on. Focus on your exams and the rest of your application.

BTW the PS is a very subjective thing. The best person to get tips about your PS is an admissions tutor and you'll never get that opportunity unfortunately. So just read what your unis wants in a med student, what makes a good doc etc and cater your PS to that.

You can of course ask your teachers but again you have to be careful who you ask and what tips you take from them.
Reply 177
Hi guys I also got interview for emdp. Just started using this website again.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 178
Original post by Medican
Your academs and ukcat are fantastic. It may have been your ps. Are you sure you met the requirements? People are being rejected based on that too.

Yh basicalli i got rejected because im retaking my exams as private candiidtate and so i wasnt able to send of any predicted grades via teachers so they rejected me :s-smilie:
Reply 179
Original post by medaholic
Yh basicalli i got rejected because im retaking my exams as private candiidtate and so i wasnt able to send of any predicted grades via teachers so they rejected me :s-smilie:

Oh, okay. Well that sucks tbh seeing as most predicted grades are a complete joke anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest