The Student Room Group

worst teacher you had at school/college

Scroll to see replies

Where to start...
I had a supply teacher in year 7, who came across as ok at first, although a little on the angry side. Gradually it became clearer and clearer just how angry he was, slamming his fists on the table etc, culminating in an incident where he picked up a ball, and threw it angrily into a cupboard for no apparent reason, the ball narrowly avoiding a student's head. He also grabbed another girl on the arm. Needless to say he didn't ever teach at our school again.

My RE teacher at high school was awful. He had absolutely no control over the class, people would chuck stuff everywhere, talk through the whole lesson etc etc, my best friend told him he needed to leave early to go to his "triangle lesson" and the teacher actually believed me.

My drama teacher at high school was bad too, a complete nutter, everyone thought she was an alcoholic too because there were empty wine bottles and cans in her office. One time she was supposed to be covering our english lesson, but she forgot about it and turned up 15 minutes before the end, after which time dictionaries had been thrown across the room and ink had gone on the wall and been removed with hairspray.

One of my science teachers at high school was terrible, he had really bad breath, no control over the class and refused to let one of my friends leave to go to first aid when he burnt his hand on a bunsen burner.

And in college, my biology teacher was really bad. He'd just give everyone hand outs, teach very little and somehow expect us all to understand it. I learnt more from my limited revision than I did from him in two years.
Reply 61
I didn't enjoy P.E much, did anybody else have those regular penis inspections in the showers?
Year 10/11 PE Theory-The teacher decided to swap our teachers for the lesson, not tell us and so leave us with no teacher/ a supply for over a year-we were meant to do 2 years theory, we did 6 weeks.
Year 10/11 DT-Teacher was a prat. He taught us no theory, even when other DT teacher had a go at him on numerous occasions about it and was generally an arrogant knob. Always told us that we were behind, and yet spent 30 minutes lecturing us, at least twice a week.
Reply 63
Mr Bestard. Accent on the E. His name sounds exactly what it sounds like! Had anger problems and this anger certainly didnt subside by everyone going past our French class shouting 'That Bastards shouting off again isnt he?!'
My A level Maths teacher gives us work from a textbook, but never teachers us anything and then complains how bad we are at Maths.
I had a stupid re teacher during my gcse

He would teach how in islam for men wearing silk and gold is forbidden, then (him being a muslim himself) would say to us oh.look at my.silk tie and gold watch .____.
Reply 66
GCSE maths teacher - left for 3 months in the middle of the year and only tought foundation material when she came back - had to teach myself everything and ended up 1 mark of an A, unsupportive school rolled their eyes when I asked about a remark on results day so left it.
GCSE science techer - head of science left in year 10 for a higer position at a another school and with her leaving, the deparment effectively collapsed - everyone was entered for foundation and with substitue teachers for the remainder of the year, failing became the norm and science classrooms a coomon room. Come year 11 when she returned I had to fight tooth and nail to be entered for higher, ended up with A,B.
And to think now I want to apply to medicine.
Haha one of my French teachers used to stop the class to put her make-up on...mascara and all
Reply 68
all of them. the amount of bs they told my parents at parents evenings that then goes on to affect your relationship with your parents because they think it's true. it is scary how much power these jumped up little child haters have over your life

when i'm a parent, i don;'t think i'll be able to bring myself to believe a word the teachers say at parent's evenings for this reason. have such a low opinon of their aility to understand what a child's intentions are or how a child thinks or what a child is actually going through.

my fave teacher was the one who used to throw bibles at us when he got angry and call us ''***** with **** for brains'' in latin.
Higher English teacher, awful man, megalomaniac, thought he was a genius because he had a Master's Degree in Eng. Lit, looked down on everyone, including the other members of stuff, and honestly couldn't teach for peanuts.
Luckily, we got another 2 teachers for English because we complained that much. One was fantastic, the other was good.

ICT teacher, frail old woman just would just squeal at the class all day.

My registration teacher who has a superiority complex because she's a teacher, I had an argument with her, she told me this to my face. Insta-reply: "PFFT. You are a Home Ec teacher, you are in no way superior to me, my dad works in a factory and he could do your bloody job." things have calmed down between me and her now though, so she's alright. :tongue:

I'm reading this thread about all the bad science teachers and I'm genuinely wondering where they're coming from...I've had 9 Science teachers in the past 6 years and each and every one of them has been nothing short of fantastic.

Original post by sansi88
in colege i had a politics teacha, that was (missing indefinite article) misogynist and kept makin out (missing clause) i was stupid but in a indirect way (missing period)

The teacher might have a point.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
This guy teaching us Sound technology just screamed at us and called us idiots, told us to stop stealing things and then left a few weeks into the term.
Reply 71
Original post by M1F2R3
I didn't enjoy P.E much, did anybody else have those regular penis inspections in the showers?

We had penis inspection day, but we kinda just got on with it. One time I got marked down for the spaghetti I kept in my pockets though.
Reply 72
Original post by Airel
One time I got marked down for the spaghetti I kept in my pockets though.

lmao! why of why?
Reply 73
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

My registration teacher who has a superiority complex because she's a teacher, I had an argument with her, she told me this to my face. Insta-reply: "PFFT. You are a Home Ec teacher, you are in no way superior to me, my dad works in a factory and he could do your bloody job." things have calmed down between me and her now though, so she's alright. :tongue:

wth!? you must be bewildered with such statement at the time I guess?
Reply 74
Original post by kka25
lmao! why of why?

Guessing you never had PID, you lose 10% of your final grading if you have any form of pasta on you, especially if it falls out of your pockets.

I mean I tried my best to keep it in my pockets but it just kept flowing out
My friends have an AS maths teacher who apparently doesn't know how to do much of it himself and skips questions because he can't answer them :laugh:
Reply 76
Original post by Airel
Guessing you never had PID, you lose 10% of your final grading if you have any form of pasta on you, especially if it falls out of your pockets.

I mean I tried my best to keep it in my pockets but it just kept flowing out

lol at the responds from people
One of my Year 9 Science teachers wasn't great at controlling the class. He was a nice guy, but we didn't learn ANYTHING. For the entire year, we either seemed to do stuff we'd done the year before, or sat there and listened to him talk about how we would be doing our GCSEs...
My Year 7 Art teacher.

He actually used to stroke your neck if he thought you'd done a good piece of work.

He was a stone cold freak
Reply 79
My AS level physics teacher. He set homework about things we'd 'learn' next lesson and never mark it or even check whether anyone had done it. This homework was insanely long, with 5 entire exercises of a dozen questions each. He somehow came to the conclusion he had half the time to teach us the course so sped through it and never explained things properly.

In January, everyone underachieved and had to resit the exam in June. I was predicted an A and got C overall. I gladly dropped physics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending