The Student Room Group

Steve Jobs is dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by el scampio
Why do people care?

Oh look who's back.
Reply 61
Wow, wasn't expecting this. No offence, OP, but I thought you were going to come out with something like, "He's dead to me for retiring".

This is a shame, and of course, may he RIP.

Honestly didn't expect something like this; its always quite peculiar when famous people die, or so I think. With MJ, Pete Postlethwaite, and loads and loads of others.
Reply 62
Original post by Tommyjw
Oh look who's back.

You think these people finally **** off, and yet somehow, like a parasite, they seem to crawl back from the ****-holes they spawn from. :dry:
Reply 63
So sad, RIP Steve Jobs
RIP Steve Jobs - remarkable man.
Reply 65
Seemed like a man who was happy and at peace with himself throughout his life and through illness. I'm sure he will rest in peace.
Original post by Tommyjw
Oh look who's back.

I will be your new step father soon.

You don't have to love me, BUT YOU WILL RESPECT ME!
Reply 67
This ACTUALLY saddens me. RIP Steve Jobs.
Can't believe he will never see more of the amazing things Apple is sure to come out with in the next 50 years.
Original post by T-ros
He didnt change the world in tablets. He invented it.

well there were tablets available before the ipad you know. it was just that the ipad was so different and stood out, thanks to steve and others who worked on it.
Reply 69
Original post by london_toon
well there were tablets available before the ipad you know. it was just that the ipad was so different and stood out, thanks to steve and others who worked on it.

What tablet was out then?
'How To Live Before You Die' [Steve Jobs]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc
Reply 71
It is a shame. He has brought in innovative ideas and revolutionised the way we are living. Rest in Peace Steve.
Reply 72
Original post by LaughingBro

Original post by LaughingBro
Duplicate thread.

Don't be an idiot.
Reply 73
Original post by T-ros

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_editions#Tablet_PC_Edition
They did exist, but with a completely different purpose to the iPad
He put up a good fight:sadnod:
Original post by T-ros

Google it and you will see. i dont know the exact names or models but i do know that there were other tablets before the ipad, although they were not as stylish or smooth as the ipad. heres a pic of them i got off google: www.cultofmac.com/109373/what-tablets-looked-like-before-the-ipad-proves-how-revolutionary-apples-tablet-really-was/
I feel terrible after making a Jobs joke this afternoon. Am I a bad person?

RIP Jobs.
Reply 77
Original post by T-ros
He didnt change the world in tablets. He invented it.

Not sure if trolling or just repeating Apple marketing hype.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tablet_computers
Original post by Coben
This has made me cry, when I was going through a lot of stuff at home through out A Levels, I watched this almost daily, it helped me get my 3 A's despite being at the lowest point of my life.

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs

This is truly a philosophy I've followed in life since the day I first watched this video. Maximum respect for this innovative genius.
Reply 79
Original post by Craig_D
It's a very sad day, and only 56. Makes you ultimately question the true value of money.

meaning he should have taken care of himself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending