The Student Room Group

are my uni choices too ambitious?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ilyking
A*A*B, or rather A*A*A with one chemistry resit.

I see no problem

and the thread has been solved, I have replaced st andrews AAA with nottingham A*AB

Oh sorry I meant your GCSEs lol I think I was a bit tired when I posted on here last night:rolleyes:

But yeah great that your problem has been solved
Original post by ilyking
UCL A*AA (G100 maths)
Imperial A*AA (G400 computer science)
St Andrews AAA (G110 pure maths)
Bristol uni AAA (G100 maths)
Warwick A*A*A2 (G100 maths)

I have the G400 Computer science for imperial because I really want to try and stay within London and get into a strong university at the same time (preferably world renowned as you can see from my choices). Also it should not be too difficult to make a personal statement for both CS and maths as the courses are so closely linked, a lot to talk about without making it one-sided etc. Unfortunately I am not good enough for Imperial G100 maths hence the G400 copter science... and I emailed Imperials computing department and they said " I would certainly encourage you to consider applying for next year" which is great.

academics:

GCSE: A*AAAABBBBCD

AS level: AABD in maths, further maths, chemistry and physics.

A2 predictions: A*A*A in maths, further maths and chemistry.

I am also sitting STEP I and II

C1- 100
C2- 100
M1- 91
FP1- 91
D1- 80
S1 - 93

I had a D in first chemistry paper, a resit will push me up to an A.

Those are ambitious choices, and you haven't left yourself much of a safety net. However, judging by your UMS scores, you seem to be well on track for an A* in maths, so if there's nowhere else you want to go, then just go for those and hope for the best!

Although - you do say you want to stay in London and go to a strong university - well, Kings is pretty strong. Also, if you are sitting STEP I or II, you may get an offer of AAB2 from Bristol if I remember corectly... And remember, AEA is also an option for Warwick.

Quick Reply

Latest