The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by perri winkles
Oh ok idn't know this thanks a mill! Thats really odd why do we not get as much choice?:confused:

UEA tries to organise accomodation so that you're in the same block or sharing a flat with at least one other healthcare student, because we have longer terms, and it's not fun to be alone for two weeks after everyone else has left! I think it's a good idea, i'm not planning on firming my UEA SLT offer because it's a bit far but I wish other places put that much consideration into it. :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by perri winkles
Oh ok idn't know this thanks a mill! Thats really odd why do we not get as much choice?:confused:

its something to do with having longer terms...we are still at uni when other people have broken up because AHP and Med terms are longer. they dont want us left all alone in a big empty flat! would be kinda creepy :s so they stick us together with other ahp students so we dont get lonely :smile: :smile:

xx
Reply 1142
Hi! how can you know how many students are in the same hall as you are?
Thank you in advanced.
Original post by koko298
Thank you in advanced.

I'm afraid that you don't know for certain until you arrive, but it is usually 8-12 in the campus ensuite. (EDIT) You do however get the chance to meet people from your building through a facebook group beforehand.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by koko298
Thank you in advanced.

Original post by chrisawhitmore
I'm afraid that you don't know for certain until you arrive, but it is usually 8-12 in the campus ensuite.

Chrisawhitmore is right but you will get a bit of an opportunity to meet you new housemates prior to your arrival because once we allocate the rooms we will invite you to join a facebook group for your building. That way you start chatting and making friends before you get here.
Original post by UEAAccommodation
Chrisawhitmore is right but you will get a bit of an opportunity to meet you new housemates prior to your arrival because once we allocate the rooms we will invite you to join a facebook group for your building. That way you start chatting and making friends before you get here.

That's good then, I was wondering about that. So we don't end up with 8 kettles in one kitchen or something. :smile:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
That's good then, I was wondering about that. So we don't end up with 8 kettles in one kitchen or something. :smile:

My advice is to go for the campus ensuite. We have water boilers so you don't need a kettle at all.
Original post by chrisawhitmore
My advice is to go for the campus ensuite. We have water boilers so you don't need a kettle at all.

Lots of people are telling me to go for campus ensuite. Does look pretty cool but the village is slightly cheaper I think, it would add up. :biggrin: Plus I like the look of the village anyway. :biggrin:

just to add that you wont find out whose in your actual flat til you get here- your accomodation offer just specifies your hall
Original post by jelly1000
just to add that you wont find out whose in your actual flat til you get here- your accomodation offer just specifies your hall

So what are the facebook page thingy's for that UEAAccomodation was talking about?
So what are the facebook page thingy's for that UEAAccomodation was talking about?

thats to talk to people who will be in the same hall as you, but you wont know who the other 5-13 people in your flat are until you arrive.
Reply 1151
I got a conditional offer for actuarial science. :banana2: yeaaa! :biggrin:
thats to talk to people who will be in the same hall as you, but you wont know who the other 5-13 people in your flat are until you arrive.

Ah, I see. Thanks. :biggrin:
Reply 1153
Hey!

I'm going to firm my UEA offer for Speech and Language Therapy 2012 offer once I've heard back from my final university for my insurance, and am getting so excited reading through anything and everything UEA related!

So does anyone have any specific advice on en-suite or shared bathroom at UEA? I know I would prefer Ensuite but money wise it would just make more sense to share! Any advice either way would be appreciated.

I was also wondering, if I apply in plenty of time and don't live anywhere near the university, does anyone know how likely it is that I will get my first choice accommodation?

I think ultimately I will be happy wherever I end up, but I just want to plan it now and go now and be there now! :biggrin:

Thanks!
Sal
Reply 1154
Original post by 05keenhannah
its something to do with having longer terms...we are still at uni when other people have broken up because AHP and Med terms are longer. they dont want us left all alone in a big empty flat! would be kinda creepy :s so they stick us together with other ahp students so we dont get lonely :smile: :smile:

xx

Hi!

I'm going to firm my SLT offer and was wondering about this, thanks for clearing this up! I saw this was mentioned and couldn't think of a logical explanation!

Sal
Original post by SalC
Hey!

I'm going to firm my UEA offer for Speech and Language Therapy 2012 offer once I've heard back from my final university for my insurance, and am getting so excited reading through anything and everything UEA related!

So does anyone have any specific advice on en-suite or shared bathroom at UEA? I know I would prefer Ensuite but money wise it would just make more sense to share! Any advice either way would be appreciated.

I was also wondering, if I apply in plenty of time and don't live anywhere near the university, does anyone know how likely it is that I will get my first choice accommodation?

I think ultimately I will be happy wherever I end up, but I just want to plan it now and go now and be there now! :biggrin:

Thanks!
Sal

UEAAccomodation said 70% of students get their first choice halls and 90% one of their top 3. I'm in campus ensuite and only one person I've spoken to so far didnt have it as her top choice. As its not first come first served when you apply shouldn't influence your chance of getting your top choice.

I can't remember the Health accomodation options, but if you do get the village as an option how about going for that- its ensuite but not as expensive as being on campus?

Spoiler

Sorry, so excited about going to UEA, thought I'd show you all some gorgeous pictures of Norwich. Ahhhhh! I wanna go now!! :biggrin:
Reply 1157
UEAAccomodation said 70% of students get their first choice halls and 90% one of their top 3. I'm in campus ensuite and only one person I've spoken to so far didnt have it as her top choice. As its not first come first served when you apply shouldn't influence your chance of getting your top choice.

I can't remember the Health accomodation options, but if you do get the village as an option how about going for that- its ensuite but not as expensive as being on campus?

Oh that's a promising number then, I wasn't sure what the statistics were like. Yeah I think I will apply for Village, I don't mind the extra 10 minutes walk :smile:

Thanks for the reply!
Sal
Reply 1158

Spoiler

Sorry, so excited about going to UEA, thought I'd show you all some gorgeous pictures of Norwich. Ahhhhh! I wanna go now!! :biggrin:

Beautiful pictures, can't wait to get to know Norwich! :smile:
Original post by SalC
Beautiful pictures, can't wait to get to know Norwich! :smile:

I know. :love: I've only seen a little bit, so much exploring to do when I get there! :biggrin: Really looking forward to going. But I'm looking forward to the last few months of school as well.

Also, saw your earlier post. I'm putting the Village down as my first choice too. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending