The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Yep. Pretty much going to go round on the last days going "Right, you're not going anywhere until I've got all your phone numbers and you've all added me on facebook." :lol: Yeah, I've already been working out which societies I want to join, it gives me something to think of. Yeah, I hope so. :biggrin: They come out in early August, a week or so before the A-level results I think, but then I think our exams are a little earlier as well. That's good news. :smile: Still, I've got 2 months before my exams start, think I'll begin some half-hearted revision soon.

Yes same here. We have all already added each other on facebook etc in my class lol so at least we will all be able to stay in contact :smile: You are way more prepared than me! I hadnt even considered societies yet! :smile: Thats good then at least not too long to wait for your results then :smile: Not long until your exams then. Do you feel ready for them yet or still lots of revision needed? Im glad in a way that I don't have final exams and just graded throughout the year as it means I know how I am getting on along the way and no big stress over the overall result :smile: I did a couple of my GCSE's last year so one year of exams and waiting for the results in August was enough lol. I suppose it makes it a bit easier for you in he fact that your place doesn't rely on your grades so you don't need to stress as much :smile: Good luck for your exams anyway :smile: I don't know if I said I have now firmed UEA so its all official now woohoo :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Determined*
Yes same here. We have all already added each other on facebook etc in my class lol so at least we will all be able to stay in contact :smile: You are way more prepared than me! I hadnt even considered societies yet! :smile: Thats good then at least not too long to wait for your results then :smile: Not long until your exams then. Do you feel ready for them yet or still lots of revision needed? Im glad in a way that I don't have final exams and just graded throughout the year as it means I know how I am getting on along the way and no big stress over the overall result :smile: I did a couple of my GCSE's last year so one year of exams and waiting for the results in August was enough lol. I suppose it makes it a bit easier for you in he fact that your place doesn't rely on your grades so you don't need to stress as much :smile: Good luck for your exams anyway :smile: I don't know if I said I have now firmed UEA so its all official now woohoo :smile:

Yeah, think I've got everyone on facebook already but some people never use it. :lol: Well, I was looking at all of the societies when I was trying to decide where to go, and UEA won over in the end, a Creative Writing society would suit me down to the ground. Oh, lots of revision needed, I really ought to start! And yeah, it means that if I get a B in Maths I won't feel the need to break down, which is good, but I want to do well anyway. Oooh, yay! So many people firming UEA now, it's funny to think we'll all be in the same place in September.
Original post by fabbykadabra
Haha I only just joined up recently honestly.. no idea why! It's great here!

I've been on this thread since it started, I can see myself on page one. Ha!
Yeah, think I've got everyone on facebook already but some people never use it. :lol: Well, I was looking at all of the societies when I was trying to decide where to go, and UEA won over in the end, a Creative Writing society would suit me down to the ground. Oh, lots of revision needed, I really ought to start! And yeah, it means that if I get a B in Maths I won't feel the need to break down, which is good, but I want to do well anyway. Oooh, yay! So many people firming UEA now, it's funny to think we'll all be in the same place in September.

Where did you find all of the societies? Would be good to have a look and see what there is :smile: I know the feeling with revision at the moment! I have this dissertation to write which is worth 12 credits so at the moment am spending lots of time reading. Last week I read one book in a day and so far have read one 159 page book today and 60 pages through the next book lol. Aiming to read as many before I go back to college next week as possible so I can get a bit ahead with it. I am starting to get a bit of a headache with reading all day though so having a break lol. Yes exactly an unconditional does make it a lot easier and takes away the pressure. It must be great! Yes it is strange to think that most of us on this forum will all be starting together in September! It will be great :smile:
Where did you find all of the societies? Would be good to have a look and see what there is :smile: I know the feeling with revision at the moment! I have this dissertation to write which is worth 12 credits so at the moment am spending lots of time reading. Last week I read one book in a day and so far have read one 159 page book today and 60 pages through the next book lol. Aiming to read as many before I go back to college next week as possible so I can get a bit ahead with it. I am starting to get a bit of a headache with reading all day though so having a break lol. Yes exactly an unconditional does make it a lot easier and takes away the pressure. It must be great! Yes it is strange to think that most of us on this forum will all be starting together in September! It will be great :smile:

I think I just typed "UEA societies" into google. :lol: Wow, that is a lot of work, you're putting me to shame! It is great. :biggrin: Yeah, it'll be so strange meeting people and then discovering that we've already met on the student room. Needless to say that will be a weird experience for me.
I think I just typed "UEA societies" into google. :lol: Wow, that is a lot of work, you're putting me to shame! It is great. :biggrin: Yeah, it'll be so strange meeting people and then discovering that we've already met on the student room. Needless to say that will be a weird experience for me.

Oh okay thought there was a website I was missing out on lol. Will have a go at that with google then :smile: I'm sure you will be putting in lots of work as well when you get closer to the exams :smile: I'm just doing this at the moment as it is 12 credits so want to get the best grade possible to help with making my offer. Plus I thought putting my all into the dissertation on the access will give me an idea on what it will be like when I go to uni :smile: Yes that is a strange thought chatting to someone and then realising that you have been speaking with them for months on here lol. I suppose it will be good though to get to know people before we start :smile:
Hey all!

I'm most likely going to be firming UEA for Molecular Biology and Genetics. I just cant bring myself to do it on Track!
Original post by justn1c2
Hey all!

I'm most likely going to be firming UEA for Molecular Biology and Genetics. I just cant bring myself to do it on Track!

Haha, I know the feeling. I kept going up to the computer, letting my hand hover over the mouse and then running away. Such a coward. :lol: Did it in the end although I had my eyes shut so I had to get my mum to confirm that I hadn't declined it by accident. :lol:
Oh okay thought there was a website I was missing out on lol. Will have a go at that with google then :smile: I'm sure you will be putting in lots of work as well when you get closer to the exams :smile: I'm just doing this at the moment as it is 12 credits so want to get the best grade possible to help with making my offer. Plus I thought putting my all into the dissertation on the access will give me an idea on what it will be like when I go to uni :smile: Yes that is a strange thought chatting to someone and then realising that you have been speaking with them for months on here lol. I suppose it will be good though to get to know people before we start :smile:

Nope, no secret websites or anything. :lol: Well, my motivation is picking up slightly which is good. Nothing wrong with wanting the best grades. Yeah, it'll be kind of comforting knowing that you know a few people before you even get there, especially when you're coming from the other side of the country. Keep thinking about how much I'm going to miss everyone, and then I get excited about going to uni so it's a bit of a bittersweet feeling I guess.
Haha, I know the feeling. I kept going up to the computer, letting my hand hover over the mouse and then running away. Such a coward. :lol: Did it in the end although I had my eyes shut so I had to get my mum to confirm that I hadn't declined it by accident. :lol:

Ha! i havn't got to the extent of running away but I'm pretty scared. Were you 100% sure you wanted to go to UEA? I'm scared ill regret my choice.
Nope, no secret websites or anything. :lol: Well, my motivation is picking up slightly which is good. Nothing wrong with wanting the best grades. Yeah, it'll be kind of comforting knowing that you know a few people before you even get there, especially when you're coming from the other side of the country. Keep thinking about how much I'm going to miss everyone, and then I get excited about going to uni so it's a bit of a bittersweet feeling I guess.

Thats good news about the motivation then :smile: I have been reading non stop since Saturday! I am now 6 books down (luckily only had to read a coupld of chapters in 3 of the books lol) and just hoping that I havn't got many more to read and then can just concentrate on writing it! The good thing is that I am ahead now so will be able to slow down a bit soon :smile: Yes exactly always good to have a few familiar faces about when you start somewhere new :smile: I can imagine it is daunting for you, especially when you are moving so far away and will be away from all of your friends and loved ones but I am sure that it will be a very exciting new journey for you and I am sure that you will love it :smile: Plus you can always travel back for holidays etc to see all of your friends and family so I'm sure that you will find it okay. Plus once you start you will probably have so much fun that the terms will just fly by and lots of work to keep you occupied as well :smile:
Reply 1251
I can't wait to (hopefully) be at UEA studying Biomedicine in September, pretty excited.
...grades permitting of course :s-smilie:

I shall definitely be firming UEA.

Jonny.
Ha! i havn't got to the extent of running away but I'm pretty scared. Were you 100% sure you wanted to go to UEA? I'm scared ill regret my choice.

No, I wasn't. I really wanted to go to Bath university as well but I spent a while weighing up the pro's and con's and figured that if I really liked them both that much, I should go for UEA. I hope I've made the right choice, I think I have. I'm very excited to go, but I know what you mean, I'm scared I'll regret it too. :lol: But I just figured that I'd enjoy my life more as a student if I lived in Norwich.
No, I wasn't. I really wanted to go to Bath university as well but I spent a while weighing up the pro's and con's and figured that if I really liked them both that much, I should go for UEA. I hope I've made the right choice, I think I have. I'm very excited to go, but I know what you mean, I'm scared I'll regret it too. :lol: But I just figured that I'd enjoy my life more as a student if I lived in Norwich.

Thanks that's helped. Ive made Pros and Cons lists before between UEA, Sussex, and Manchester, but I'm still having trouble! I think i feel a lot more comfortable when thinking about studying at UEA. My teachers are very surprised that I'm not jumping at the chance of going to Manchester cause they consider it to be the best out of my choices, but for me i think its just too big, i would feel like just another number, so that leaves Sussex, which i loved, and i would love to live in Brighton! Such hard choices.. I also love that UEA has been so helped too me, replying to my emails almost by the next day, when other Universities have taken 2 weeks at times! anyway, i hope you don't regret your decision and thanks again for you help.
Thanks that's helped. Ive made Pros and Cons lists before between UEA, Sussex, and Manchester, but I'm still having trouble! I think i feel a lot more comfortable when thinking about studying at UEA. My teachers are very surprised that I'm not jumping at the chance of going to Manchester cause they consider it to be the best out of my choices, but for me i think its just too big, i would feel like just another number, so that leaves Sussex, which i loved, and i would love to live in Brighton! Such hard choices.. I also love that UEA has been so helped too me, replying to my emails almost by the next day, when other Universities have taken 2 weeks at times! anyway, i hope you don't regret your decision and thanks again for you help.

Haha, your choice sounds harder than mine! I took away my application from Cardiff, if they'd given me an offer as well I would've been really stuck, plus it's a bigger city than the other two and I'm not really a city girl. If it helps, the way I chose was by imagining myself at university, I realised that when I thought about going to university, I kept seeing myself at the UEA campus, not Bath. So that's how I chose in the end. Well, I know that whichever one I chose I'd always wonder about the other one, but I can't study at both. :biggrin: UEA were the first to reply to me. Asked me for an interview a week or so after I applied, then I had to wait 3 weeks or so because I ended up being interviewed a week or before Christmas, but they replied very early in the New Year. I danced round the room for half an hour when I got the offer. I still get excited when I think about it. :lol:
Thats good news about the motivation then :smile: I have been reading non stop since Saturday! I am now 6 books down (luckily only had to read a coupld of chapters in 3 of the books lol) and just hoping that I havn't got many more to read and then can just concentrate on writing it! The good thing is that I am ahead now so will be able to slow down a bit soon :smile: Yes exactly always good to have a few familiar faces about when you start somewhere new :smile: I can imagine it is daunting for you, especially when you are moving so far away and will be away from all of your friends and loved ones but I am sure that it will be a very exciting new journey for you and I am sure that you will love it :smile: Plus you can always travel back for holidays etc to see all of your friends and family so I'm sure that you will find it okay. Plus once you start you will probably have so much fun that the terms will just fly by and lots of work to keep you occupied as well :smile:

Yep. Wow, that's a lot of work! My mum's studying for a course she's doing at the moment as well, and my brother has his Standard Grades this summer (like GCSE's) so it's going to be a stressed out household. :lol: Good thing you're ahead though. Oh yeah, I'm really excited, can't wait to meet loads of new people, it was the whole reason I applied so far away, plus the course is so good. People keep saying "But we'll never see you!" But I don't think I'll see them any less than I would if I lived 2 hours away, really. Like you say, I'll see everyone in the holidays. There'll probably be plenty for me to do, I intend to keep busy. :smile:
Yep. Wow, that's a lot of work! My mum's studying for a course she's doing at the moment as well, and my brother has his Standard Grades this summer (like GCSE's) so it's going to be a stressed out household. :lol: Good thing you're ahead though. Oh yeah, I'm really excited, can't wait to meet loads of new people, it was the whole reason I applied so far away, plus the course is so good. People keep saying "But we'll never see you!" But I don't think I'll see them any less than I would if I lived 2 hours away, really. Like you say, I'll see everyone in the holidays. There'll probably be plenty for me to do, I intend to keep busy. :smile:

Yes does sound like its going to be a stressed out household in your house when it gets to exam and results time! My husband is also taking some GCSE's this year and will be starting Access this year and hopefully University next year so there is going to be lots of studying going on in my household as well lol. That is a good point even if you were only 2 hours away you would still only see them on holidays etc as would still be a bit far to go back regularly so you might as well travel a bit further if you really like the look of the area and uni :smile: Yes although I am not moving away I am looking forward to meeting all the new people and it will be a great new experience. I really can't wait :smile: Have you been to visit the uni yet on a visit day or open day? I have got a visit day coming up soon so am really excited :smile: I went to a Psychology mature student open day and that was great so am really looking forward to the visit day :smile:
Original post by JJMick
I can't wait to (hopefully) be at UEA studying Biomedicine in September, pretty excited.
...grades permitting of course :s-smilie:

I shall definitely be firming UEA.

Jonny.

Already firmed my UEA offer :smile:
See you in September, hopefully :biggrin:

:smile:
Original post by wrighty1994
Already firmed my UEA offer :smile:
See you in September, hopefully :biggrin:

:smile:

what will you study?
x