The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wisey9
sweeeet :biggrin: .. which is your number one and two choice ? :smile:

Notts is number 1, not sure about 2, either RH or UEA, I like both but in different ways!
What about you?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by bron-winnie
Notts is number 1, not sure about 2, either RH or UEA, I like both but in different ways!
What about you?

Ahh , they are really good unis! :smile: :smile: , which ways do you like your second choice unis ? :smile: .. and Number one UEA , and second , between Glasgow and Sheffield , again I like them in different ways :')
Original post by wisey9
Ahh , they are really good unis! :smile: :smile: , which ways do you like your second choice unis ? :smile: .. and Number one UEA , and second , between Glasgow and Sheffield , again I like them in different ways :')

Their campuses are amazing, but completely different, I loved the course at both, and they both had really lovely accomodation! RH is a bit close to where my I live now though, so I may slightly edge towards UEA, but then RH has slightly better opportunities to study abroad (from what I can tell), so who knows which one I'll put :L If Exeter gave me an AAB offer I would put them as my insurance, but if they give me any offer at all, I'm fairly sure it will be AAA.

What about you? What did you like about Glasgow and Sheffield.
Reply 143
Their campuses are amazing, but completely different, I loved the course at both, and they both had really lovely accomodation! RH is a bit close to where my I live now though, so I may slightly edge towards UEA, but then RH has slightly better opportunities to study abroad (from what I can tell), so who knows which one I'll put :L If Exeter gave me an AAB offer I would put them as my insurance, but if they give me any offer at all, I'm fairly sure it will be AAA.

What about you? What did you like about Glasgow and Sheffield.

well often the campus is a dealbreaker when deciding unis i think .. depends what you prefer. Ah ok , so you want to move away from where you currently live? .. and depending on the course, you have a wide range of choices to pick from regarding studying abroad.

ahh right.. yet at the same time I am guessing Exeter is a good option for you ? :smile:

and both cities I loved , large, populated places , and coming from Manchester that is ok .. the accomodation in both was great too.. it's just the location of the uni which is the question really .. Might be edging towards Sheffield , as a bus ride away and you are in the country. Both courses are close to identical, so who knows ! :smile:
Original post by wisey9
well often the campus is a dealbreaker when deciding unis i think .. depends what you prefer. Ah ok , so you want to move away from where you currently live? .. and depending on the course, you have a wide range of choices to pick from regarding studying abroad.

ahh right.. yet at the same time I am guessing Exeter is a good option for you ? :smile:

and both cities I loved , large, populated places , and coming from Manchester that is ok .. the accomodation in both was great too.. it's just the location of the uni which is the question really .. Might be edging towards Sheffield , as a bus ride away and you are in the country. Both courses are close to identical, so who knows ! :smile:

Yeah, quite far. Royal Holloway is about a 45 minute train journey away, which isn't too close, but it's in the exact same part of the country, geographically, and I'm not sure quite how independent I'd feel there. Also, I'm probably going to be living in the South East of England for most of the rest of my life, so I'd quite like to go somewhere completely different for University.

I loved Exeter, it was my second favourite after Nottingham, but they'll probably both give the same offer so there's not any point putting it as my insurance.

Ah awesome, they both sound great!
sorry i havent updated in a while, been in egypt haha, i will do it when i get a free moment :smile:
Reply 146
offer for american history with politics AAB :smile:
Reply 147
Will be applying for Culture, Literature and Politics and Politics and International Relations as i love UEA that much aha
being an independent candidate my school are failing to help me with my personal statement, so if anyone could help, please message me!!!
Hope to god i get an offer after i finish this statement :o:
G
Biomedicine (offer) and Medicine-5 year entry :biggrin:
Reply 149
Original post by katherine_b
Biomedicine (offer) and Medicine-5 year entry :biggrin:

Well done! When did you send off your application?
Original post by Guygp
Will be applying for Culture, Literature and Politics and Politics and International Relations as i love UEA that much aha
being an independent candidate my school are failing to help me with my personal statement, so if anyone could help, please message me!!!
Hope to god i get an offer after i finish this statement :o:
G

Go to the personal statement section of TSR, and find help there, don't send parts/all of your PS to random users!
Reply 151
How did I not see this before now?!

Applying for Chemistry (both BSc and MChem) & sent my application on the 21st of last month. I want an offer nowww. :lol: It's my first choice (and possibly insurance as well. I don't want to move away from home!)
Original post by misslaura_bee

Hi I'm applying for Psychology too. When I entered UEA into my UCAS it said that for this course you may be invited to attend an interview but it didn't say anything about an interview on the website and I am not prepared for one at all!
Reply 153
Original post by JustSayin'
Hi I'm applying for Psychology too. When I entered UEA into my UCAS it said that for this course you may be invited to attend an interview but it didn't say anything about an interview on the website and I am not prepared for one at all!

I am reapplying (I am not applying for the same course as you) but it wasn't a proper interview. They do visit days after you get your offer and they sometimes do "informal interviews" where they may reduce your offer grades if they really like you. Having said that, my friend applied for adult nursing and had a proper interview before her decision. Don't panic, they talk about things you have written in your application and they talk about what things you find most interesting etc.
Hope I helped :smile:
Original post by Minnie46
Well done! When did you send off your application?

Thank you, i really like the UEA! Urm i sent it off 13th October. Heard back from them really quickly, with the biomedicine offer within the next week!
Reply 155
Go to the personal statement section of TSR, and find help there, don't send parts/all of your PS to random users!

i have, and although someone has got back to me and altered it once, i've not heard back from them in a week and a half so i'm a bit worried!
Original post by mobius323
I wouldn't be worried. Universities tend to over-subscribe their courses at the offers stage anyway. I applied for my course in December time last year and got an offer, so I really wouldn't worry about it. :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin: x
Reply 157
Does anyone know what the closing date is when applying for science?
Original post by Hevinha
Does anyone know what the closing date is when applying for science?

15th Jan for all courses except Med (for which the deadline has passed)
Reply 159
Original post by jelly1000
15th Jan for all courses except Med (for which the deadline has passed)

Latest

Trending

Trending