The Student Room Group

Can a girl be TOO beautiful??

I was trying to set my two friends up because the female counterpart is practically in love with the male counterpart. Now when I suggested to my guy friend that he shoud ask out my female friend he said no, he could never ask her out, she was way too beautiful. Not even in a "she's out of my league" way but in that she was just too beautiful (she really is too). Too much hassle and he'd always have to be "on" because he'd always worry she'd leave him :confused: do other guys feel this way?

Oddly, she's never had a boyfriend and guys rarely approach her (although they stare). Everyone tells he she's really pretty/beautiful but she just gets p****d off now when she hears it and tells us to stop exaggerating. I think watching everyone pair off and practically be ignored by guys has made her believe she's unattractive.Guys, what's going on? Why are all the beaufiful girls single?
Reply 1
The beautiful girls are single? Where?

But listen... If you can't convince your mate to go out with this "divine example of beauty, such as Aphrodite might have envisioned", then that's kind of his loss, isn't it?
Reply 2
Original post by Coeusful
The beautiful girls are single? Where?

But listen... If you can't convince your mate to go out with this "divine example of beauty, such as Aphrodite might have envisioned", then that's kind of his loss, isn't it?

At my uni and in my group of friends, it's the beautiful girls that are single! But it's just sad because she really likes him and I think they'd be good. I just wanted to know if this was him being an idiot or if a lot guys genuinely feel that way
Original post by Anonymous
At my uni and in my group of friends, it's the beautiful girls that are single! But it's just sad because she really likes him and I think they'd be good. I just wanted to know if this was him being an idiot or if a lot guys genuinely feel that way

For me, I wouldn't go for a girl who's way out of my league, because reason being, why would she be with me when she could be with someone else? That'd just be running through my mind. Though, I've been with girls who are out of my league, but it's because their personalities was not what i just described, so it depends on the girl.
Reply 4
Please disclose which university you are at. Obviously I picked the wrong one.
Reply 5
You're way too beautiful girl
That's why it'll never work
You'll have me suicidal, suicidal
When you say it's over
Damn all these beautiful girls
They only wanna do your dirt
They'll have you suicidal, suicidal
When they say it's over

if sean kingston says its true... lol
Reply 6
I would never date a guy way out of my league, I just wouldn't. So, yes, same here..
Reply 7
It is crazy how modest truly beautiful girls can be! I dunno, if they like you then your just lucky I guess.
Paranoia.
Reply 9
This really isn't the first time I've heard this.

From now on I should approach really fit women hoping that they're not getting any attention and would actually be interested in an average looking guy.
She isn't confident in her appearance/personality; guys don't like insecure/unconfident girls.
Reply 11
Original post by SugarPuffs
She isn't confident in her appearance/personality; guys don't like insecure/unconfident girls.

What are you talking about.

I'll take an insecure beautiful girl over a confident ugly one any day.
I understand where the guy is coming from but if a "way too beautiful " girl liked me I would be over the moon and asking her out in a heartbeat. If your friend likes her but has issues try to convince him, if not, well I guess that his loss.
I was trying to set my two friends up because the female counterpart is practically in love with the male counterpart. Now when I suggested to my guy friend that he shoud ask out my female friend he said no, he could never ask her out, she was way too beautiful. Not even in a "she's out of my league" way but in that she was just too beautiful (she really is too). Too much hassle and he'd always have to be "on" because he'd always worry she'd leave him :confused: do other guys feel this way?

Oddly, she's never had a boyfriend and guys rarely approach her (although they stare). Everyone tells he she's really pretty/beautiful but she just gets p****d off now when she hears it and tells us to stop exaggerating. I think watching everyone pair off and practically be ignored by guys has made her believe she's unattractive.Guys, what's going on? Why are all the beaufiful girls single?

I do not know any attractive girls who are single, its usually unlikely as it is with men. Anywya, if a girl is very attractive/beautiful, she can often give off an air of arrogance which repels men and they cant be bothered to approach as they assume she is thick and shallow and will prob reject them

yeh, what uni are you at? I mean, often very attraactive girls are single cos they are very picky and think most men aren't good enough for them.
Reply 15
Original post by tommytuckers
I do not know any attractive girls who are single, its usually unlikely as it is with men. Anywya, if a girl is very attractive/beautiful, she can often give off an air of arrogance which repels men and they cant be bothered to approach as they assume she is thick and shallow and will prob reject them

Some women have chosen to perfect the unapproachable/disinterested look because they have had enough of being groped and hassled by strangers as they walk to the bar when they're just trying to relax with friends :rolleyes:
Everyone has a different view of what beauty is so meeting someone who is just too beatutiful is impossible.

No one can be too beautiful because there's always a personality flaw (with women there always is)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending