Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do majority of investment analysts get churned out in the second year?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do majority of investment analysts get churned out in the second year?
    Why do they get churned out?
    What happens to the analysts losing their jobs and what are jobs that they get into after being made redundant?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They turn into dust and ascend into the great capitalist heaven in the sky
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guys please give me a proper answer soon.
    It'll be great if you can do it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    depends what bank? for example GS get rid of the bottom 5% every year. Banks do reviews twice a year i think and if you're not up to the mark you get chucked out. What people do when they leave is up to them they can look for jobs in other banks or they can try a different profession
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalBudhist)
    depends what bank? for example GS get rid of the bottom 5% every year. Banks do reviews twice a year i think and if you're not up to the mark you get chucked out. What people do when they leave is up to them they can look for jobs in other banks or they can try a different profession
    True. But personally, I have found out that it doesn't take a lot of effort to be above average analyst....to be a top analyst, it take some effort, but its not that hard..... atleast in my opinion
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its all about sales, get more client happy, its kinda like a telesales job on commission
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibd_haunter)
    True. But personally, I have found out that it doesn't take a lot of effort to be above average analyst....to be a top analyst, it take some effort, but its not that hard..... atleast in my opinion
    Why would you say that, aren't all analysts supposed to be very bright and motivated.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir KBS)
    Why would you say that, aren't all analysts supposed to be very bright and motivated.
    By definition, not everyone is going to be above average, that is the point of an average. More to the point, I doubt being "bright" or "motivated" would have much to do with it seeing as (as you say) everyone is "bright" and "motivated" (although your claim that all analyst are gifted with those attributes is questionable). In the long run, the dead weight has to be culled and all analysts won't make money.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2011
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.