The Student Room Group

I am depressed and lonely because I don't have a social life! Please, what to do?

I am so fed up right now, I'm just wasting my life away inside my bedroom because I have nothing else to do on a weekend. I keep having panic attacks, feeling depressed and lonely because I haven't got a social life. It is probably my own fault, but I haven't got a job at the moment, therefore I have no income to go out and party. I enjoy partying but, my friends seem very distant now because of my situation. They never invite me places so I become depressed! I am also single and really would like to meet girls and start a relationship, but I can't get that because again, I have no social life!! How do I meet new people? I have no money for any hobbies or classes, so what do I do? I am 22 years old and can't carry on like this, it's driving me insane sitting at home all the time on a weekend.

Any advice?
You have to find a hobby or interest. You'll never get a social life sitting in your bedroom. Getting out there is what opens up the opportunities to make contacts and meet new people. Think of a hobby you like doing, whether it's sports or something else.
Reply 2
im kinda same but on the one hand I dont really like going outbut then I get bored at home. Even at parties I often end up getting bored or just doing my own thing, wandering about, playing video games, messing with cds..Only thing I miss is meeting hot girls.
Reply 3
Original post by KnowledgeGod

Original post by KnowledgeGod
You have to find a hobby or interest. You'll never get a social life sitting in your bedroom. Getting out there is what opens up the opportunities to make contacts and meet new people. Think of a hobby you like doing, whether it's sports or something else.

Yeah, but it's hard without money. And it doesn't look like I will find a job any time soon. I keep handing in applications to jobs, but I never get a reply back or it's unsuccessful application. This is getting me down too.!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah, but it's hard without money. And it doesn't look like I will find a job any time soon. I keep handing in applications to jobs, but I never get a reply back or it's unsuccessful application. This is getting me down too.!

If I were you, I'd just go and do some kinda sport or go clubbing or smth...you'd meet ppl quite easily that way :smile: Good luck.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Try volunteering? It looks good on a CV so it'll help with the job hunt, and it will get you out of the house and meeting new people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending