The Student Room Group

Dental hygiene and dental therapy 2012 entry?

Scroll to see replies

Hi all

This is my first post on TSR despite joining in Oct 11. :biggrin:

I've applied to do DH&T also, but was wondering has anyone heard from leeds uni regarding their graduate diploma course. i haven't heard anything yet and i sent my application in last october. has anyone here a) applied to the leeds course and b) got a reply yet?

Finally can you still apply to Eastmans and what about kings??

soz for all the questions

thanks guys:colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 161
Original post by fistoffury2011
Hi all

This is my first post on TSR despite joining in Oct 11. :biggrin:

I've applied to do DH&T also, but was wondering has anyone heard from leeds uni regarding their graduate diploma course. i haven't heard anything yet and i sent my application in last october. has anyone here a) applied to the leeds course and b) got a reply yet?

Finally can you still apply to Eastmans and what about kings??

soz for all the questions

thanks guys:colondollar:

Hi, I applied to Leeds Uni and got a reply in dec saying that I have got got a interview in feb. Did you receive a letter from them after you posted your application saying your application will be put fwd to be considered for 2012 entry?
Reply 162
hey i've got n interview for Teeside university, was just wondering what questions where asked? this is my second year applying for this course i hope i get in :frown:!
Original post by Deli0712
Hi, I applied to Leeds Uni and got a reply in dec saying that I have got got a interview in feb. Did you receive a letter from them after you posted your application saying your application will be put fwd to be considered for 2012 entry?

Oh dear! i haven't you know. I phoned up yesterday morning to ask whats going on. i gave a lady my name and she said they'll either write or email me back by friday concerning my application. im guessing that since i didnt receive a letter i probably havent been shortlisted at all. :frown:

Thanks for replying though!
Reply 164
Has anyone had an interview with Teesside yet? What type of questions was asked? I've got one coming up in February and i'm really scared :/
Reply 165
Original post by beccacarolyn
Hi everyone! I've applied to Dundee, Glasgow Caley and UHI. Anyone else applied to any of them? :smile:
have you heard back yet? x

Hi, I've applied to UHI, Dumfries Campus. I haven't heard anything back yet, have you ? Anyone else applied to UHI ? :confused:
Reply 166
Original post by janeybean
Hi, I've applied to UHI, Dumfries Campus. I haven't heard anything back yet, have you ? Anyone else applied to UHI ? :confused:

Iv applied there too and I havent had a reply, so no worries :smile:
Hi guys
I've been watching this thread for a while
Im an A-Level student (retook AS so i'll be 19 soon)
Unis applied for: Birmingham (first choice), Manchester, Edingburgh, Cardiff, Portsmouth
Subjects and predicted grades: Biology (B), Business (A) , PE (B) (dropped chem at AS)
Application sent 15th december!

GOT INTERVIEW AT BIRMINGHAMMMMMMMMM 9th Feb! :biggrin::biggrin:
any tips?
Notr heard anything from any others
Reply 168
Original post by Beki93

Are you local or hoping to move? Dental nurse or just out o school ? I'm a 'mature' wannabe student. :cool: Uni originally said they would contact me nov/ dec and was fearing the worst when hadn't heard anything back. Waiting is hard! :yawn:
Reply 169
Original post by Beki93

I heard back from them in November 2011. I've been given the impression all of their interviews have been arranged. could be wrong.
Reply 170
Original post by dd.2009
I heard back from them in November 2011. I've been given the impression all of their interviews have been arranged. could be wrong.

Is your interview in Inverness or Dumfries ? When are interviews ? Good luck. I assumed no news wasn't nec bad news. Hopefully I will hear from them soon, either way. The suspense is killing me.. :frown:
Reply 171
Original post by kassy_s

Original post by kassy_s
OMG ! hi yes i have an interview on the 20th jan too, maybe i will see you there ! how are you preparing for it, soo nervous its my first choice and its my first interview !

how was the interview! :smile:
Reply 172
Original post by janeybean
Are you local or hoping to move? Dental nurse or just out o school ? I'm a 'mature' wannabe student. :cool: Uni originally said they would contact me nov/ dec and was fearing the worst when hadn't heard anything back. Waiting is hard! :yawn:

Im a third year college student, i applied last year but didn't get in, last year i didnt hear back from uni's till feb/march, and i live about 9 hours away by car so a long way to move! i hate waiting but good luck and i hope you get an interview!
Reply 173
Original post by Beki93
Im a third year college student, i applied last year but didn't get in, last year i didnt hear back from uni's till feb/march, and i live about 9 hours away by car so a long way to move! i hate waiting but good luck and i hope you get an interview!

Thanks. Last year I missed the interview in Dumfries as I was a late application but was asked if I could attend in Inverness, which I just couln't do at that particular time(got 3 children) . But the Inverness interview was march which is why I was still laid back waiting to hear. My background is in nursing and midwifery and I'm prob bit older than most on these posts. Good luck, let us know how you get on.
Reply 174
Original post by Beki93

My worrying over the weekend prompted me to contact UHI, and was told that they hope to send interview letters out this week sometime. So good luck to anyone who has applied to do the BSc Oral health Science there. Fingers crossed:goodluck:. Anyone else out there applied to uhi, Inverness or Dumfries? :confused:
Reply 175
Original post by beccacarolyn
Hi everyone! I've applied to Dundee, Glasgow Caley and UHI. Anyone else applied to any of them? :smile:
have you heard back yet? x

hey! yeah i applied to dundee and have my interview on the 9th feb ! have u heard anything ??
Reply 176
Yey got interview with dundee on the 8th of feb and interview at dumfries on the 15th :biggrin:
Reply 177
Has anyone heard back from queen marys or Liverpool? I haven't had anything back and I'm getting a bit worried I haven't been offered an interview or rejected!
Reply 178
Original post by Aniqah

Original post by Aniqah
how was the interview! :smile:

Aniqah how was Birmingham? I'm assuming it went well for you? :smile: x
Reply 179
Original post by Beki93
Yey got interview with dundee on the 8th of feb and interview at dumfries on the 15th :biggrin:

I got an interview Dumfries too on 15th. Afternoon. Very happy bunny..:smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest